"Official" Halfway Haven '09 Thread

Ox

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A freezer would be about 80 degrees warmer!

Yunno that invite for steaks at your place?

..... I .... I think I'm gunna pass ... :whatever:

..... no offence eh? :wavey:

Hi Everyone!

There are two groomers in my yard, as I type. Steve is filling them up (It's 6:15), and they are heading out right away! So as of tomorrow am, both trails will be in MINT condition!!

Over & Out, and it's a balmy -17.8 C.

Gail

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys!

The trail from Searchmont to us (newly groomed over the last two days)--absolutly wonderful!!! and Wawa trail still good. We did receive about 6" of new snow last night..

Weekend traffic is picking up, so starting to look like winter!! Well, it's looked like winter for quite a while, but now there is some traffic on the trail!! Better yet!

Its 9:00 pm and - 13 C. outside, so quite a switch from last weeks cold snap!

Over & out, roving reporter, Gail

from Halfway Haven! Well, actually I don't rove at all, just walk over to the lodge, but I do try to keep you informed!!

Hi Guys!

Newly groomed yesterday from Searchmont, and was nice & cold last night so should have set up great! -20C. this am, but warming as I type.

Finally, some riders on the trail yesterday, so starting to feel more like winter!!! Better late, than never!

Over & out

Gail

Good Morning!

Wawa groomed down last night, so that traill mint, and Sault groomed up on Wed., and not much traffic tru since then, so that trail mint also! It's -9.0 here this morning!

Steve is still in the "fix it" dept., so working on the hot tub today, so hopefully it will be up and running by tomorrow!! My guests miss it, but mostly "Sean" our cook misses it, after a long hot day in the kitchen, that is his evening "picnic".

Off to make blueberry pie! I think I will leave it "wafting in the window" to attract guests (I'm not sure if wafting is a real word?), and maybe lipstick (on me, not the pie!), that's todays game plan!!

Bye

Gail

Hi!

Crisp & cool this am, with a bit of sunshine poking tru.

Weather is calling for freezing rain tonite, and tomorrow, and light rain on Wed., then back to seasonal with snow flurries on Thurs. So, sounds like the little rain shouldn't impact the trail, and back to high of -8, and low of -13 Thursday. (thank goodness)

Bye

Gail

Hello!

Pleased to say it is -4.3 C. and lightly snowing as I type. Checked the rest of the week forcast, and to stay - and average about -18 at night, so good, back to seasonal.

We had 2 days of mostly drizzle (not heavy rain thank goodness), so riders say the trail from here to Searchmont for the most part fairly good. The corners have been cut up somewhat from the mild weather, but Harvey said, certainly rideable.

Wawa riders, also said trail was still good, one water crossing area was getting a bit narrow, but otherwise good!

Bye for now

Gail

Hi Everyone---Happy Family Day, or Happy Presidents Day!! Whichever you are celebrating!

Riders are saying the trails as of yesterday were "Canadian Concrete", but softening up a bit as more machines went over them. So still hard & rutted, so some are saying still good riding, and some are saying too hard-------------but I see my "chapleau weather" is calling for flurries starting tonite, and tru Tues & Wed., so maybe that will be the lubrication that is needed.

Will update you on grooming, as soon as I know anything (about grooming that is!) (sounds like a dumb blonde--imagine!!)

Bye for now --- -12.2 this am, cold, clear & sunny!!!

Gail

Hi!

Just got a light dusting of snow last night, lightly snowing now, expect 5 cm. tomorrow. and it's -2.4 c,

First group of fellows rode down from Wawa yesterday (repeat riders, they lookied familiar) said the trail was "the best ever" "great"

Then a married couple came in next, from Wawa, said the trail was hard, and awful, and that their sleds were overheating.

Next group of guys came in, said the trail was "awesome", "spectacular", just jump to the side for a bit of lubrication, no overheating problems.

So------------- it makes me wonder if they really ride the same trail??? is it expectations?? machines??? riding experience???? Darned if I know-anyhow that's the trail report!!

Bye

Gail

Riders are saying the trails as of yesterday were "Canadian Concrete", but softening up a bit as more machines went over them. So still hard & rutted, [/color]

you have got to appreciate a buisiness owner who has something to gain yet gives an honest report, even if it isnt good. i know most of the owners do and it must be tough when your buisiness depends on it.

Hi!

The groomer from Searchmont - Sault Trailblazers, came up last night, and left to return to Searchmont at about 10:00 am. We received about 6" of new snow, and I think Searchmont got even more, and it is snowing as I type, and a balmy -11.7 C.

Will let you know when I get riders what they think!

Over & out!

Gail

Hi!

Just got a light dusting of snow last night, lightly snowing now, expect 5 cm. tomorrow. and it's -2.4 c,

First group of fellows rode down from Wawa yesterday (repeat riders, they lookied familiar) said the trail was "the best ever" "great"

Then a married couple came in next, from Wawa, said the trail was hard, and awful, and that their sleds were overheating.

Next group of guys came in, said the trail was "awesome", "spectacular", just jump to the side for a bit of lubrication, no overheating problems.

So------------- it makes me wonder if they really ride the same trail??? is it expectations?? machines??? riding experience???? Darned if I know-anyhow that's the trail report!!

Bye

Gail

One of those groups was ours...so...clearly it's all about experience and machinery :). We had a great ride through Half-Way and it's always a high light.

Gail...I owe you for a piece of pie!!!! It struck me as I was eating a butter tart in Thesselon...

Thanks again for such great service.

Hi!

The Wawa Sno Riders groomed down from Wawa as far as Anjigame, and are on their way to us this morning!

It's -18.8C., cold & clear this am, with a light dusting of snow on the trees, another picture perfect day in the neighbourhood!!

Off to bake!

Bye

Gail

Just walked over to bake, and discover 6 to 8 in. of drifting snow all over my pathways, so I'm thinking your going to encounter that on the trail also!!

Bye, again

snowy

Gail

We had our first visit to Halfway Haven this week.

Trails from the north were great and with all the new snow, things are looking good for that system.

Anyone even remotely interested in travelling to "Algoma"- do it.

i agree 100% awsome riding!! :D

Boy - you look envious. LOL!

Good Morning!

The groomer from Searchmont, is in my yard, so he is turning around and heading back today. So newly groomed from that end. And my riders yesterday say the Wawa trail is very good.

It's mild here today, but still -1 right now.

I can't believe it's already Feb. 25th!! Spring is just around the corner, so it's time to ride, ride, ride!! (That's my motivational speech for the morning!)

Bye for now

Gail

Hi!

Newly groomed from Wawa yesterday, trail is great!

Not so good from Searchmont, getting quite rough, groomer was to come up last night, but broke down, so I will keep you posted on that end!

-34 degrees this am, but now lovely, sunny, bright, and a balmy -7

Bye

Gail

Hi!

Well, it 1.2 C. outside, cloudy with light drizzle. Calling for that here today, then cloudy tmorrow with 2 cm. snow (High 2, low -5), and Sunday 10 cm. snow (High 1, Low -9)

The trail from Searchmont to us is still rough, to groom on Sunday, if the weather holds.]

The trail from Wawa to us is very good.

Off to bake pies!!

Bye

Gail

My chumm is riding in from the north today as the S trail is tough as well as the weather was ass u med to be more favorable further north, but current conditions look identical. ???

Hi!

Just a quick update, the Sault Trailblazer is grooming up from Searchmont, as I type, he should be here early afternoon! So that is good news as that trail was very rough.

Wawa end getting a bit rough but not bad yet.

Cool, crisp & sunny today!

Bye

Archived