Snowcrest Riders - Trail Update

14 snow

Snowcrest will be opening the following as limited

D Trail from the Floating Bridge south to Kahshe Lake. Kahshe Lake is not safe or staked.

C101D from D-trail through the Town of Gravenhurst to the Muskoka Wharf.

Trail 4 from Hwy 11 in Severn Bridge to Trail 15 and Trail 15 from Trail 4 to Canning Rd is also limited.

Please continue to check trail conditions, as the weather could alter our trail conditions

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

D Trail from the Floating Bridge south to Kahshe Lake. Kahshe Lake is not safe or staked.

Please continue to check trail conditions, as the weather could alter our trail conditions

2Kewl ! We can "almost" visit Dirtbag this weekend. :P

Let's hope the weather holds up and we can get some early season riding in over the holidays. Hopefully by new years day the Kahshe Krew/Team STG can start our daily tours followed by our legendary happy hours. Cheers! :D

i've asked for a gap to remain all winter.... :o

OUCH ! Tough Crowd :lol::lol:

Says the guy who burns the bridges to his region ...

When we threaten to visit

:lol:

The bridges are all ok. I just tore down my house. :D

The bridges are all ok. I just tore down my house. :D

Thank you (I hate bridges)

Prior to Christmas (and the melt down) a few our trails were opened in Limited status. We temporarily closed them on Saturday December 27th. Now that the rain has gone a lot of water has been left behind, followed by extremely windy conditions. The local clubs are now left with waiting a couple of days for things to freeze up again as previously frozen swamps opened up again. Once we can safely travel with equipment and volunteer man power back into the bush, we can again start clearing the trails. It will be a little while yet before trails will be re-opened and rideable again. If anyone can spare some time, give your local club a call. They can use the help.

Stay tuned for updates.

Prior to Christmas (and the melt down) a few our trails were opened in Limited status. We temporarily closed them on Saturday December 27th. Now that the rain has gone a lot of water has been left behind, followed by extremely windy conditions. The local clubs are now left with waiting a couple of days for things to freeze up again as previously frozen swamps opened up again. Once we can safely travel with equipment and volunteer man power back into the bush, we can again start clearing the trails. It will be a little while yet before trails will be re-opened and rideable again. If anyone can spare some time, give your local club a call. They can use the help.

Stay tuned for updates.

You guys are doing one hell of a great job over there "14 snow" .

I'm waiting on the status of our tree situation also , water is keeping us out too !

This will be one interesting season I tell Ya !

Snowcrest riders have really got a good thing going !

Thanks for all your efforts !

Thanks for the compliments Paul. We certainly are trying hard. We definately have a more help this year.

Snowcrest has re-opened the following as limited

D Trail from the Floating Bridge south to Gravenhurst.

Trail 4 from Hwy 11 in Severn Bridge to Trail 15 and Trail 15 from Trail 4 to Canning Rd is also limited.

14SNOW -

I was just on Snowcrest #5, it was in very poor condition, not even a pre-season run with the small groomer. I have supported Snowcrest for 11 years, yet after last year I had no choice but to buy from Snowbombers....Snowcrest should join back into the MSR....since Anthony Janssen left as the "tail boss"....the club has gone to crap...sorry but true.

Just my comments....

14SNOW -

I was just on Snowcrest #5, it was in very poor condition, not even a pre-season run with the small groomer. I have supported Snowcrest for 11 years, yet after last year I had no choice but to buy from Snowbombers....Snowcrest should join back into the MSR....since Anthony Janssen left as the "tail boss"....the club has gone to crap...sorry but true.

Just my comments....

Wow! :o Snowcrest is the only club in the area listing open (limited) trails. Limited means limited. You get to ride, so I am not sure what the concern is....

I was personally out there today trying to clear trails again after the wind storm that knocked down a lot of trees onto the trails.

Snowcrest has been doing a great job this year and has made great improvements. I think they need our support....

I guess I'll suggest they just leave them closed until they are perfect for you :roll:

14SNOW -

Just my comments....

Wow! :o Snowcrest is the only club in the area listing open (limited) trails. Limited means limited. You get to ride, so I am not sure what the concern is....

I was personally out there today trying to clear trails again after the wind storm that knocked down a lot of trees onto the trails.

Snowcrest has been doing a great job this year and has made great improvements. I think they need our support....

I guess I'll suggest they just leave them closed until they are perfect for you :roll:

I wish that was true, snowbombers have been grooming already, don't worry what the OFSC conditions report. I had been a Snowcrest supporter for over 10 years, I had even helped cleared pre-season trails and sold permits for Snowcrest years back...like I said if you saw thier product 10 years ago, you'd see how crap this is now. They need to get back in the MSR.

14SNOW -

Just my comments....

I wish that was true, snowbombers have been grooming already, don't worry what the OFSC conditions report. I had been a Snowcrest supporter for over 10 years, I had even helped cleared pre-season trails and sold permits for Snowcrest years back...like I said if you saw thier product 10 years ago, you'd see how crap this is now. They need to get back in the MSR.

The trails are listed as "LIMITED" what do you expect?? You are pissing me off! :curse: Not a good start for post #2!

Sno -Crest will be better off without A.J. :!:

MM

Nappy99

Thank you for your past support. You are entitled to your opinion and choice of where to purchase your permit. I too have been a permit buyer for years from Snowcrest, they are my home club. I decided to get involved with the club directly because I wanted to see changes. A new board was elected 18 months ago and changes are happening and will continue to happen in months and years to come. Yes, I agree there have been some negative changes such as trail closure and re-routes to roads but in some cases these are unavoidable. In the cases of land owners, you could have a trail for years and a simple "conflict" creates a closure.

Now on to your comment on trail #5. Trail 5 is still closed therefore you are trespassing. Since you were a supporter and have obviously ridden the trails you should be aware then that trail 5 has lots of water... and swamps that must freeze before we can safely access the trail and even consider sending a groomer down it. We all know that we have not had ideal ice building conditions.

Once the weather cooperates and we officially open our trails come back for a ride.

I rode these trails today also , they were listed as limited and thats what they were , It was good to get out for a quick spin around the trails and get my fix , I was surprised the shape they were in after the meltdown , I say hats off to Sno -Crest for getting out there and giving it there best when other clubs are sitting idle

MM

i sure wish i had table top trails to run. do you think 14 can come down to the south when we get some snow please? :wavey:

the manufacturers keep maling better riding sleds and we do not appreciate it . All sledders should experience 1985 when we were happy to ride .period.

Archived