Go snowmobiling Ontario app

andreyboater

Just downloaded 

Presentation was good let see how it works...

For now what I see, I can't download map of any district for offline usage. It give me download fail.

I have to ask the question thats on everyone's mind. Someone in the computer world on here, tell me WHY?, each and every year theres problems with the online maps. And how come Quebec's site seem to work pretty darn good, and you can he damn sure they update etc each year, so they cant use that excuse.  Im pretty tech savy, but if theres anyone in the computer world can give a good answer. 

• Like 2

This is what I got when I download map for offline usage...

Screenshot_20191202-193730_My Files.jpg

I just read a thing on their Facebook page about the app not being completely functional at this time for Android use. 

"Hi everyone, this isn't the "official" announcement but we published the Go Snowmobiling Ontario 2019-20 app this morning at 9:07am and it is now available in Apple Stores but has been selected for a "random review" in Android Store which is what is causing the delay. We will officially announce as soon as we have it live in both stores. 
Thank you for your patience!!!"

Asked and Answered. 

Make sense, thanks Danis for updates 

• Thanks 1

Working fine on my iPhone X with latest updates , but will open and crash on my iPad that is a couple of years old and won’t update past iOS 13 

Its like most Canadian apps and web sites ..... they suck

On 12/2/2019 at 7:28 PM, IQ TURBO said:

I have to ask the question thats on everyone's mind. Someone in the computer world on here, tell me WHY?, each and every year theres problems with the online maps. And how come Quebec's site seem to work pretty darn good, and you can he damn sure they update etc each year, so they cant use that excuse.  Im pretty tech savy, but if theres anyone in the computer world can give a good answer. 

Lots of government funding in Quebec especially for snowmobiling. Quebec is also global leader in agriculture computer systems such as Maximus. So doesn’t surprise me they have a good online trail map. Very impressed with technology I get that comes out of Quebec, even doo’s come from there too. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

I see the OFSC still hasnt got around to having their welcome blurb collapsible on the left side of the map while viewing the interactive map... :banghead:

Edited by MXZSlider
Correction

Loaded onto my S9, downloaded D13 D14 and D15 maps. Appears to be working as normal. 

2 hours ago, Techdenis007 said:

Loaded onto my S9, downloaded D13 D14 and D15 maps. Appears to be working as normal. 

I down loaded 13 14 and 15 also a couple days ago, I am like Dennis says I see no probs either … Samsung s8 here

IT.  You can't even spell crap without it.

How you download map for district?

I can't download it now.

update- it will work on older ipad as long as i dont zoom in too much. zoom and crash is kinda frustrating.

• Like 1

Stupid question: so I have to download the new version and pay for it right for the 2019-20 season? The old version 2018-19 season still opens up and seems to update as well so you’d think there would be a message saying the old one doesn’t work anymore? Or maybe I misunderstood?

19 minutes ago, pt3189 said:

update- it will work on older ipad as long as i dont zoom in too much. zoom and crash is kinda frustrating.

I'll take that for $200 Alex

Yes it is frustrating as $&@!  

13 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Lots of government funding in Quebec especially for snowmobiling. Quebec is also global leader in agriculture computer systems such as Maximus. So doesn’t surprise me they have a good online trail map. Very impressed with technology I get that comes out of Quebec, even doo’s come from there too. 

Markham tends to be the technology hub for Canada... definitely not anywhere in Quebec

1 hour ago, willb said:

Stupid question: so I have to download the new version and pay for it right for the 2019-20 season? The old version 2018-19 season still opens up and seems to update as well so you’d think there would be a message saying the old one doesn’t work anymore? Or maybe I misunderstood?

You need to purchase the 2019-2020 version.  Last years app opens but won’t show trail status.  Need to purchase a new one annually

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Markham tends to be the technology hub for Canada... definitely not anywhere in Quebec

I agree for it support. Lots of good things coming out of Montreal lately though, that I use for business, both software and hardware related. Can even do remote trouble shooting for me too and automatic updates. Amazing actually, what can be done today. Quebec is agriculture hub of Canada and that is why leading companies in sector pick Montreal over Markham. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

14 hours ago, MXZSlider said:

I see the OFSC still hasnt got around to having their welcome blurb collapsible on the left side of the map while viewing the interactive map... :banghead:

There's a workaround for that.  When on your pc/laptop, size the webpage the approximate dimensions of a cell phone..the system will think you are looking at on a mobile, and the blurb isn't there..then you can maximize the screen and it stays away..good for making trail maps, etc..  but if you refresh the screen while it's maximized you will get the blurb back..

3 minutes ago, paulslund said:

There's a workaround for that.  When on your pc/laptop, size the webpage the approximate dimensions of a cell phone..the system will think you are looking at on a mobile, and the blurb isn't there..then you can maximize the screen and it stays away..good for making trail maps, etc..  but if you refresh the screen while it's maximized you will get the blurb back..

Unfortunately, that doesn't work on older iPads as noted by @pt3189 above