Kirkland Lake Microtel

Big Pussy

Can anyone elaborate on the Kirkland Lake Microtel?

Is there a restaurant there for dinner or just a continental breakfast ?

Anywhere else to eat in walking distance ?

Easy trail access ?

7 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

Can anyone elaborate on the Kirkland Lake Microtel?

Is there a restaurant there for dinner or just a continental breakfast ?

Anywhere else to eat in walking distance ?

Easy trail access ?

No restaurant but decent breakfast.

Nothing within walking distance besides McDonald's and tim hortons. Cheap cab to the pub in town. 

Trail goes right to the comfort inn than crosses the road to the microtel. I really liked it the days I stayed nice with a pool, hut tub and sauna. 

In '18 we ate at an Italian restaurant on a back street north of Government Rd. Like Reevester says, nothing decent for dining close by.

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

In '18 we ate at an Italian restaurant on a back street north of Government Rd. Like Reevester says, nothing decent for dining close by.

I only knew one Italian that was in the business.... Tony Poloni ... long gone methinks. He had a motel right across from the mall, just West of the Timmies/ McD ... also long gone. 

Can't think of any other Italian restaurants in KL, mind you I haven't been around there much in many years. 

1 hour ago, Techdenis007 said:

I only knew one Italian that was in the business.... Tony Poloni ... long gone methinks. He had a motel right across from the mall, just West of the Timmies/ McD ... also long gone. 

Can't think of any other Italian restaurants in KL, mind you I haven't been around there much in many years. 

I have it as Mama's Cuisine on BaseCamp @ Duncan & Prospect.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I have it as Mama's Cuisine on BaseCamp @ Duncan & Prospect.

That was a little coffee shop with lunches back in the day. I don't ever recall it being open for supper. Maybe UltraFrozen will chime in...

• Like 1

It was there in 08 on our first visit and again in 18

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sledjunk said:

It was there in 08 on our first visit and again in 18

The old man still lives there, so I avoid the place like the plague....

12 hours ago, Techdenis007 said:

That was a little coffee shop with lunches back in the day. I don't ever recall it being open for supper. Maybe UltraFrozen will chime in...

IIRC, from a chat with Ultrafrozen 2 seasons ago at the westway and the icehut, his son works and or cooks at a decent restaurant in Kirkland lake. I could be mistaken though. If anyone knows, he would be the one to talk to about places to eat. Great guy..

• 3 weeks later...

Fed is go to place in KL...no acom but if in area lunch.dinner and wkd enter usually....trail to there door if u know area.

4 hours ago, Lep said:

Fed is go to place in KL...no acom but if in area lunch.dinner and wkd enter usually....trail to there door if u know area.

How many 'hotels' in KL nowadays? Back in history ('79) there was 14 I think, 1 for every thousand residents...