Canadian Tire Snowmobile Ramp On Sale....

Diceman

guessing black Friday deal.....sled ramp for $179...regular price $299......bought same ramp 4 years ago and still working great....

Just posted this in the "What did you do today" thread

Sale starts tomorrow.

• Like 1

How do you guys stow these during the trip?

4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Mine lies flat (folded of course), beside the sled, with one end on the ski.  I replace the useless wire holder oners with cam lock tie down straps, and wrap one around the ski spindle. Doesn’t move an inch. For a little more security, I put a bungee through the lower end and pass it around any part of the skid.  Sorry no pics. 

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this, I'll be picking one up!

Just picked 1 up at the south end store in Ptbo. 9 still in the automotive section by the parts counter.

On 11/27/2019 at 8:43 PM, revrnd said:

This on my trailer, but you get the idea...

Untitled 3.pdf

• Thanks 1

I had never seen 1 being used until unloading the sled at Accelerated Tech' for some set up work last season. Worked fairly easy.

20191208_121726-1.thumb.jpg.44bfbf85a7a994fe55a2a2bad81daa7a.jpg

Took 2 attempts to load it the 1st time. I was unsure of the speed & there wasn't a lot of traction on the fluffy snow. Since my sled has the Pilot TS skis, I adjusted the runners to the 'up' position, to reduce friction. How have others using aggressive carbides found loading, wear on the plastic? No excessive belt slip, lifting or pushing against snow/ice (as seen using a lock & roll type ramp) during loading.

I found unloading the sled requires you to sit on the sled otherwise the track spins on the box liner. Ramp fits fine between the track & wheel house. On an 8' box, w/ the ramp up against the ski, there is no overhang. 

If anyone is considering buying a similar ramp in the future, I would say that it's money well spent.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I had never seen 1 being used until unloading the sled at Accelerated Tech' for some set up work last season. Worked fairly easy.

No excessive belt slip, lifting or pushing against snow/ice (as seen using a lock & roll type ramp) during loading.

I found unloading the sled requires you to sit on the sled otherwise the track spins on the box liner. Ramp fits fine between the track & wheel house. On an 8' box, w/ the ramp up against the ski, there is no overhang. 

If anyone is considering buying a similar ramp in the future, I would say that it's money well spent.

@revrnd have you tried a lock and load? 

I like the idea behind them in the longer lengths. Which is less angle while load/unloading. Drawback being storage while out on the trails.  

7 minutes ago, MXZSlider said:

@revrnd have you tried a lock and load? 

I like the idea behind them in the longer lengths. Which is less angle while load/unloading. Drawback being storage while out on the trails.  

Like this:

Ramp store position

https://www.prlog.org/11901172-tier-rack-ceo-unveils-new-lock-and-load-safety-ramp-for-atv-enthusiasts.html

Never seen 1 of them?

Blake, you're a braver person than me to unload a sled that way (other than against a snow bank) LOL

I'm just using ratchet straps to the safety chain holes on my hitch receiver to 'snug' the ramp to the tailgate. Are those orange pieces a rework that you've done? John Sherrard's ramp (purchased from CTC in the past) & mine has 3 'angle' extrusions @ the 'top'. If they're you're idea, why did you change them?

Those red tabs are just plastic covering the angled metal fingers of the ramp.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blake G said:

Those red tabs are just plastic covering the angled metal fingers of the ramp.

Thanks, everything else about your ramps looks identical.

Eventually one of the two aluminium hinges broke on a very cold and brittle day. I had it repaired, but the other hinge broke the next winter.

Edited by Blake G
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, revrnd said:

Took 2 attempts to load it the 1st time. I was unsure of the speed & there wasn't a lot of traction on the fluffy snow. Since my sled has the Pilot TS skis, I adjusted the runners to the 'up' position, to reduce friction. How have others using aggressive carbides found loading, wear on the plastic? No excessive belt slip, lifting or pushing against snow/ice (as seen using a lock & roll type ramp) during loading.

I have plywood 4 x 8 in back of truck with an old track on it...sled backs off truck easily...also have a section on a piano hinge with a track on it that goes over the tailgate...

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2019 at 1:14 PM, revrnd said:

How have others using aggressive carbides found loading, wear on the plastic?

I'm wondering this myself. I have snow trackers, anyone also happen to have them with this ramp?

2 hours ago, Poo Man said:

I'm wondering this myself. I have snow trackers, anyone also happen to have them with this ramp?

I should've added in my previous post that I usually adjust the TS skis so that the blades are retracted into the ski.

A bad note on these ramps. I had lost a couple of the black plastic plugs that fill the upper end of the tubing. I was thinking of a method of replacing (w/ a better method of retaining them).

Well today unloading the sled, the plastic 'guard' under the 'blister' in bellypan (chaincase side) caught the sharp edge of 1 of the open tubes. As a result a chunk of plastic about half an inch square x 3 inches long was torn off.

If you lose any of the plugs, I would swap in the plugs from the outboard tubes.

Not sure if sleds other than the XS (possibly Gen 4) have low clearance in this area as well & are susceptible to damage caused by the 'open' tubes.

I'll post a pic of what I come up w/ next week.

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

A bad note on these ramps. I had lost a couple of the black plastic plugs that fill the upper end of the tubing. I was thinking of a method of replacing (w/ a better method of retaining them).

Well today unloading the sled, the plastic 'guard' under the 'blister' in bellypan (chaincase side) caught the sharp edge of 1 of the open tubes. As a result a chunk of plastic about half an inch square x 3 inches long was torn off.

If you lose any of the plugs, I would swap in the plugs from the outboard tubes.

Not sure if sleds other than the XS (possibly Gen 4) have low clearance in this area as well & are susceptible to damage caused by the 'open' tubes.

Had to go back to one of your photos posted elsewhere, wondering if a skidplate may have helped here ? 

8 hours ago, revrnd said:

Rev, could you not weld a plug in the end of the tube and put a rad on the top edge?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snapper said:

Rev, could you not weld a plug in the end of the tube and put a rad on the top edge?

If the tube was thicker (only 1/16" wall) that would be the ticket. Yes that edge will be radiused.

The plugs that come w/ the ramp only have about half an inch of engagement w/ the tube.