Cochrane. PBR RIDERS FACEBOOK PAGE UPDATES

Turbo Doo

The Mattice club was out packing around the L155 today, the highway end of it at least....

• Like 4

Looking good!!!

2 minutes ago, The Groomer Guy said:

I would be out already with our groomer packing  but we where told we can not go out with groomers before Dec 1 because we would not get paid for our hours and also for insurance.   Maybe there is different policies  in other districts.  

The Hearst groomer passed through our work parking lot this morning, no drag .... must be just out "test driving it under actual operating conditions" to make sure it works well ... might take them a week or so to get it broken in .... :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Techdenis007 said:

The Hearst groomer passed through our work parking lot this morning, no drag .... must be just out "test driving it under actual operating conditions" to make sure it works well ... might take them a week or so to get it broken in .... :D

Be nice now, at least its out eh!...:D

1 hour ago, The Groomer Guy said:

I would be out already with our groomer packing  but we where told we can not go out with groomers before Dec 1 because we would not get paid for our hours and also for insurance.   Maybe there is different policies  in other districts.  

We are told the same. The insurance being the bigger issue.

I'm not sure how PBR get away with it. Or how they get away with ice crossings to be honest.

Not that I'm complaining, because they do an awesome job up there.

3 hours ago, The Groomer Guy said:

I agree that grooming hours are not funded until December 1st so the district is funding those hours on their own (reserve funds or part of current year operating budget). I have never heard that groomers are not insured before Dec 1 though. Just checked the groomer insurance certificate and it states a policy period of Nov 1, 2019 through Nov 1, 2020. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Big Pete said:

I agree that grooming hours are not funded until December 1st so the district is funding those hours on their own (reserve funds or part of current year operating budget). I have never heard that groomers are not insured before Dec 1 though. Just checked the groomer insurance certificate and it states a policy period of Nov 1, 2019 through Nov 1, 2020. 

How about the insurance on the land they run on vs. the equipment itself?

2 hours ago, stoney said:

How about the insurance on the land they run on vs. the equipment itself?

Irrelevant.  If the unit is insured, and a club member is doing legitimate club work, on land they have permission to be on, I wouldn't see any problems. 

To the other point, Kenny was in the groomer doing his thing while a whole bunch of us were going through Risk Management training. Knowing him, he'd pay for his own fuel... anything to get the trails opened sooner... :icon_dance-cpatch:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, The Groomer Guy said:

I was out with the operator in our area groomer on November 16th leveling ground on plowed fields for the trail.

36 minutes ago, Techdenis007 said:

Irrelevant.  If the unit is insured, and a club member is doing legitimate club work, on land they have permission to be on, I wouldn't see any problems. 

To the other point, Kenny was in the groomer doing his thing while a whole bunch of us were going through Risk Management training. Knowing him, he'd pay for his own fuel... anything to get the trails opened sooner... :icon_dance-cpatch:

Yah baby.. :evil2: .. Definitely a serious dedicated volunteer we cannot possibly thank enough.  Great guy, i am most certain he has things covered.  

• Like 2

On 11/28/2019 at 5:47 PM, Big Pete said:

Depends also on the Districts policy on start up. If they open straight to Green (available) like we have seen in the past, the early packing will pay off in spades. Cochrane certainly has things figured out when it comes to presenting a world class product,  on the snow and local business support...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Yup...B)

Screenshot_20191129-144441_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20191129-222551_Samsung Internet.jpg

I bet they go green tomorrow AM.

Not yet at 7am ...

I'm surprised our local club hasn't turned green yet ... after all, they've been out packing for 2 days now ... :icon_wake:

Facebook: Kenny said they're opening a section today.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Facebook: Kenny said they're opening a section today.

Refer to the interactive trail guide for updates! LOL

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Refer to the interactive trail guide for updates! LOL

YESS.