2016 Triton Prestige PR227 4 Sled Enclosed

tricky

Listing for a friend who curiously has no email account. If interested please phone or text Rod at 905-320-9058. I might be able to answer some questions. (Rick 905-878-4439)

Trailer is in better than new condition. Underside oil sprayed from new. $3000 spent on interior- full Caliber flooring layout, hold downs for 4 sleds, and shelving. Brakes on both axles just serviced to clean up rust from sitting for over two years. Two sleds have been sold and no longer require a 4 place trailer. Buyers of either of those sleds would vouch for the incredible condition and maintenance detail of Rod's stuff. Trailer has been used 5 or 6 times max, and not since Feb 2017.

Readers of this forum generally recognize the added durability and value of Triton trailers, and this one really is better than new.  $17,400. would consider clean 2 place enclosed trailer in trade up.

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

Please help me here. There has been no interest in this trailer. Is that because ppl don't pull 4 sleds around anymore, or is the price perceived as too high?

Rick

At $17400, I don't think you are too far off the mark.  However, I think most do not want to or cannot pull a trailer that size, so your target market is limited. 

On 11/19/2019 at 1:22 PM, tricky said:

this one really is better than new.  $17,400

9 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

I don't see the price.  What is he asking for it?

I re-read the ad and found the price. :oops:

The trailer looks to be in fantastic condition  and is a Triton however, I believe the price is an issue. My friend bought a new Legend 30'x7' all aluminum, 2 tone paint with stainless nose and accent trim 2 years ago at the show for $10,900.00. It was just a bare wood floor but still a big price difference.

Thanks for all the comments. It seems there might be two issues here. For sure, not that many want a 4 place trailer, but also there seem to be fewer buyers willing to pay the Triton price. I can see the price being an issue unless you are a 'Triton' guy. Maybe we better search out a two for one trade?????

Tough for a lot of guys to get financing for private sales, especially for that amount of cash. Dealers don,t seem to have much of an issue getting financing for anyone these days. I found that out when a young guy wanted to buy my sled for 6K. He couldn,t get the bank to give him a loan. 2 weeks later, he was driving a brand new sled, financed thru the selling dealer.

3 hours ago, tricky said:

Thanks for all the comments. It seems there might be two issues here. For sure, not that many want a 4 place trailer, but also there seem to be fewer buyers willing to pay the Triton price. I can see the price being an issue unless you are a 'Triton' guy. Maybe we better search out a two for one trade?????

Based on Frostynutz statement above, you might want to talk to a dealer about a consignment sale. That way dealer financing may be available.

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Based on Frostynutz statement above, you might want to talk to a dealer about a consignment sale. That way dealer financing may be available.

That might be a good idea. Thanks! I forgot that ppl take on debt to by toys. Strange concept if you ask me, but then I have only borrowed money a handful of times in my seventy years.

24 minutes ago, tricky said:

That might be a good idea. Thanks! I forgot that ppl take on debt to by toys. Strange concept if you ask me, but then I have only borrowed money a handful of times in my seventy years.

I like to think of it as me doing my part in enhancing the economy, thank you very much... 

:lmao:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Techdenis007 said:

I like to think of it as me doing my part in enhancing the economy, thank you very much... 

:lmao:

Good one Denis! Keeps the banks happy and the consumer products component of the economy cooking!

• 2 weeks later...

SOLD. Can I edit or delete this ad, or does an admin do that? Thanks for the comments and suggestions. It must be close to sleddin season, because potential buyers came out of the woodwork this week. Interestingly most were going back to Triton after some less than satisfactory experiences with other brands. Hopefully the cold, snowy winter kicks off by the start of 2020.

• Like 3