Blake G

Sprucedale Hotel is for sale

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I actually liked the new owner. he was a nice and genuine guy but you could see he had managerial issues. Food was ok .

Only thing that ticked me off is in between service on a busy day some locals and the owners were out  "smoking" in the parking lot. Never a good sign.

2 hours ago, reevester said:

Parking lot? We were on the back deck. 

Always the case with government slackers.:D

10 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Always the case with government slackers.:D

You know it. 

29 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

this time it as right outside the door close to the cars. 

Nothing compared to what the previous owner would get into lol. 

I keep thinking that as our 'range' extends, we bypass places. 

Sprucedale was a natural stop (tm-STG) from Parry Sound. Now I'm there in a flash (ahem) and Kearney feels like a natural destination.

Same thing heading north from our cottage on Six Mile Lake. Gravenhurst was a haul...trails got way better and we now by-pass Gravenhurst and stop in Bracebridge or Huntsville.

Add the range of some sleds and you're flying by places you once stopped at.

Just IMO, and realize that if I bypass Gravenhurst riding north, someone heading from the north will bypass their town and land in Gravenhurst. All good in the end. But our destinations have certainly changed. Heck, Bonfield>Mattawa (lunch) > Bonfield would've been at the edge of comfort for wifey and I years ago. Now it seems easy. Actually go for a toot further south after completing that loop in a day. Sleds are better, suspension more forgiving, trails are wider, better signed and just easier to ride. 

It's almost like the highway freeway model has come to Ontario sledding. And I sense more changes to dining & gas will follow. It wasn't just the Sprucedale hotel's 'issues' - there are other choices, not too far away.

16 hours ago, Canuck said:

I keep thinking that as our 'range' extends, we bypass places. 

Sprucedale was a natural stop (tm-STG) from Parry Sound. Now I'm there in a flash (ahem) and Kearney feels like a natural destination.

Same thing heading north from our cottage on Six Mile Lake. Gravenhurst was a haul...trails got way better and we now by-pass Gravenhurst and stop in Bracebridge or Huntsville.

Add the range of some sleds and you're flying by places you once stopped at.

Just IMO, and realize that if I bypass Gravenhurst riding north, someone heading from the north will bypass their town and land in Gravenhurst. All good in the end. But our destinations have certainly changed. Heck, Bonfield>Mattawa (lunch) > Bonfield would've been at the edge of comfort for wifey and I years ago. Now it seems easy. Actually go for a toot further south after completing that loop in a day. Sleds are better, suspension more forgiving, trails are wider, better signed and just easier to ride. 

It's almost like the highway freeway model has come to Ontario sledding. And I sense more changes to dining & gas will follow. It wasn't just the Sprucedale hotel's 'issues' - there are other choices, not too far away.

Maybe but now people come from farther away to make Sprucedale a destination . It was always busy even when it was a hell hole 

Nice to see you as a sponsor at Slederama, Wildbill /Rosseau Road Powersports. 

I had my boat in Peterborough a few nights this summer - folks seem to have an active, outdoor lifestyle down that way. 

And .. totally understand Sprucedale "Hotel" as a magnet/destination for riders. 

1 hour ago, Motorhead said:

It's too bad we are losing so many good historic stops. Ox narrows  Ahmic tavern.

Barr Head. Now the infamous Sprucedale. 

Where a fellow to go now.

don't give up on Sprucedale yet... new owner may see it operating properly and profitably

7 hours ago, Motorhead said:

It's too bad we are losing so many good historic stops. Ox narrows  Ahmic tavern.

Barr Head. Now the infamous Sprucedale. 

Where a fellow to go now.

The Maytag in Timmins...

Commodore in Sudbury !