OFSC Interactive Map

DaveTess

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

I've been tasked with updating our club's destination signage & am running into an issue in the Lake St Peter area. No matter how I break down the routing on the railbed (B106E) between the E109 intersection and Lake St. Peter itself, the ITG wants to route me east via MLSS #175 & MLSS #173. It's almost a case of you can't get there from here. Looking back thru the thread, IrREVerent's glitch is still in the system. Not sure who to contact to make them aware of this. If someone is in the know, could you let them know?

Screenshot tonight

image.thumb.png.c5f9d528b3aa4ea77f9b25863b014199.png

I tried it just now revrnd. That section of trail is just dead for route planning. Even if you set the A&B points on a short section of the trail it sets a gray off trail route. Yukon has the best idea or you can report it on the OFSC Facebook site. LOL

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Who is this app for?  Consumers who need help planning a trip, permit holders who are on the trail and almost out of fuel, or is it simply a revenue stream device based on who pays OFSC?  I just looked at familiar areas and places I’d like to go.  One lodging on all of Manitoulin Island?  No gas stations?  No places to eat?   

Sorry but this fails for me. 

The app is there for trail location and status in an offline environment. This is its primary purpose. 

You can feel free to use Alexa or any other web search for accommodations fuel food etc.  By the time you reach town you'll have cell service. 

I seriously doubt that anyone in their right mind would plan something as important as a saddlebag trip using only a cell phone. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Techdenis007 said:

The app is there for trail location and status in an offline environment. This is its primary purpose. 

You can feel free to use Alexa or any other web search for accommodations fuel food etc.  By the time you reach town you'll have cell service. 

I seriously doubt that anyone in their right mind would plan something as important as a saddlebag trip using only a cell phone. 

GeorgianBayGuy if you have never used my lodging database, click on the link that's my signature (not visible on phones).

http://www.sleddersworld.com/?page_id=82

In the process of updating it.

On the good news front, I just checked & the glitch in the Lake St Peter area has been corrected. A route from Harcourt to LSP:

image.png.bc9f0c031ac254c0d44097c39c928efb.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GeorgianBayGuy said:

Who is this app for?  Consumers who need help planning a trip, permit holders who are on the trail and almost out of fuel, or is it simply a revenue stream device based on who pays OFSC?  I just looked at familiar areas and places I’d like to go.  One lodging on all of Manitoulin Island?  No gas stations?  No places to eat?   

I believe you will find that the minimal cost will barely if it does cover the design, implementation and maintenance costs. Then there's the cost of the server it connects to and it's ongoing support / maintenance.

17 hours ago, GeorgianBayGuy said:

Who is this app for?

I run alone a lot and like to explore different routes. The offline ability eliminates paper maps, and the ability to share where I am is great if I have an emergency. I just cross reference Google maps to find s gas station if need be

20 hours ago, GeorgianBayGuy said:

The island is an interesting place in the winter.

If you planning on going let me know and I can provide you all the details needed.