OFSC Interactive Map

DaveTess

Then when you maximize you get the whole screen available.

ITG.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:58 AM, 04nightfire said:

still not on line.  I've got rides that need planned...…..

It worked for me yesterday and is working just fine right now. Maybe it's your browser you're using although I'm using Internet Explorer which didn't work last year but seems to this.

4 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

I did the same thing with the same result yesterday.  

I got it nailed down I think. As long as you don't put your next desired route destination(as in B,C,D, etc.) on the A trail west of a point between L113 and the Groundhog River, the ITG will let you plan correctly. If you place a route destination west  of that point on the A trail, it is going to route you via the west route ( Chaplaeu , Dub,Hearst etc.)

38 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I got it nailed down I think. As long as you don't put your next desired route destination(as in B,C,D, etc.) on the A trail west of a point between L113 and the Groundhog River, the ITG will let you plan correctly. If you place a route destination west  of that point on the A trail, it is going to route you via the west route ( Chaplaeu , Dub,Hearst etc.)

This is what I got yesterday.  I just wanted to do a km check from Cochrane to Kap.  As you can see it didn't give me a nice direct route.  LOL

WTF.png

Try routing from Whitney to Dorset.

Edited by Blake G
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Try routing from Whitney to Dorset.

LOL...good luck with that, Blake.  I just tried it and see what you mean.

I had a similar experience playing around with the ITG yesterday, to check some distances for a potential RAP tour I'm hoping to plan.  Tried to plot my preferred route between Pembroke and central Haliburton (via Madawaska, Whitney and Haliburton Lake), and no matter how many times/ways I tried -- including breaking it into some smaller segments and manually adding the distances (as PLC had done for his northern plot yesterday), it would NOT let me go directly between Whitney and Haliburton via B Trail down the hydro line through that south tip of Algonquin Park.  It insisted on routing me via Barry's Bay, Combermere and Lake St. Peter.  Even when I tried to plot just the segment between Whitney and Haliburton, it took me on a very convoluted route, way off course via B106E to Lake St. Peter, then "backwards" (east) on a big loop via 173 and 175, all the way over to Papineau Lake, then back west via E109 to Benoir Lake, and from there, west on E and B onward to Haliburton Village.  It seems the ITG currently does not "recognize" (for route planning purposes) the important hydro line section of B Trail between the B106E junction (just south of Whitney), and the Trail 11 junction, just north of Haliburton Lake.  This is a significant glitch for sure, as this leg of B Trail is a major connection for anyone planning a RAP trip, or even just a big loop south of Algonquin, between the Haliburton & Pembroke areas.

41 minutes ago, gobills said:

I can't even make a single loop on my phone.  What a POS!!!

come on now.  This was the new and improved version

• Haha 1

They are aware of the issues, I was emailing them an hour ago, there will be updates upcoming very soon, at least they will have a chance to fix them before the season starts.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Nunz said:

They are aware of the issues, I was emailing them an hour ago, there will be updates upcoming very soon, at least they will have a chance to fix them before the season starts.

Probably a good thing that folks are playing around w/ it & finding glutches before the snow flies. Beta testing I guess you could say.

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

Probably a good thing that folks are playing around w/ it & finding glutches before the snow flies. Beta testing I guess you could say.

Same glitches as last year...sledders in Ontario deserve better. The map before this current POS worked just fine.

On 11/4/2019 at 9:25 PM, Denis007 said:

It's OFSC 's way to promote tourism in the North.  Follow the GPS, they're always right. 

Interesting Denis, while recognizing your comment as tongue in cheek, is that there seem to be very few accomodation places in the northern area featured on the map. Not worth the money to advertisers?

4 minutes ago, slomo said:

Interesting Denis, while recognizing your comment as tongue in cheek, is that there seem to be very few accomodation places in the northern area featured on the map. Not worth the money to advertisers?

I'm not sure what the reasons are ... I think arrogance and/or ignorance play a part.  One must think that if you own a restaurant and/or motel up here, a relatively isolated area (talking anywhere North of Kirkland Lake or New Liskeard for example) people travelling are more than likely to do the legwork of researching their destinations for food, fuel, accomodations, garages, etc on their own time.  Perhaps it hasn't occurred to the business owners to make the connection and contact the OFSC (or Google) to have their establishments added to the maps.  It might be as simple as sending an e-mail, I'm not aware what one would have to do in order to get added.  

If someone on here that's in the know can give me simple and direct instructions on how to have their business added to the OFSC map, I might consider preparing a generic e-mail for all the fuel/food/accomodation/repair establishments with instructions on how to have their businesses included, if they should desire.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

I'm not sure what the reasons are ... I think arrogance and/or ignorance play a part.  One must think that if you own a restaurant and/or motel up here, a relatively isolated area (talking anywhere North of Kirkland Lake or New Liskeard for example) people travelling are more than likely to do the legwork of researching their destinations for food, fuel, accomodations, garages, etc on their own time.  Perhaps it hasn't occurred to the business owners to make the connection and contact the OFSC (or Google) to have their establishments added to the maps.  It might be as simple as sending an e-mail, I'm not aware what one would have to do in order to get added.  

If someone on here that's in the know can give me simple and direct instructions on how to have their business added to the OFSC map, I might consider preparing a generic e-mail for all the fuel/food/accomodation/repair establishments with instructions on how to have their businesses included, if they should desire.

As far as I know, solicitation for spots on the ITG happens at the same time as the District Administrator solicits for the District Trail Guide. Getting the ITG updated for our district has been an issue for a few years now for reasons I won't get into. Most businesses up here don't see the point in spending dollars for ads. One gas station refuses to pay for advertising because "the snowmobiles come here anyway"....on a trail groomed by their local club. The highway and ditches through Kap have been re-done and when the club approached the town about filling one remaining deep spot, the response was  "f*** the tourists". Seriously.

We're grooming our trails as best we can for ALL riders, locals and visitors, but that doesn't necessarily mean we're being supported in what we're doing. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

As far as I know, solicitation for spots on the ITG happens at the same time as the District Administrator solicits for the District Trail Guide. Getting the ITG updated for our district has been an issue for a few years now for reasons I won't get into. Most businesses up here don't see the point in spending dollars for ads. One gas station refuses to pay for advertising because "the snowmobiles come here anyway"....on a trail groomed by their local club. The highway and ditches through Kap have been re-done and when the club approached the town about filling one remaining deep spot, the response was  "f*** the tourists". Seriously.

We're grooming our trails as best we can for ALL riders, locals and visitors, but that doesn't necessarily mean we're being supported in what we're doing. 

Education is key. If that fails, the local government has to jump in.

What I notice on the Quebec side, the routes from the trails to the pumps and restaurants and scenic spots are WELL looked after. LOTS of signage. 

Snow is moved during the shoulder seasons to ensure that people will not damage their sleds on the way to spending their money. 

If a business owner is too thick to understand that those noisy wallets on skis and tracks are the key to prosperity, they either need to step aside or maybe be coerced into understanding by the local and beyond levels of government who WILL benefit. If one gas station owner is non-compliant, all the other small businesses in the area may suffer. 

When viewed on a larger scale, such as the Quebec model, this becomes very apparent. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, manotickmike said:

Education is key. If that fails, the local government has to jump in.

What I notice on the Quebec side, the routes from the trails to the pumps and restaurants and scenic spots are WELL looked after. LOTS of signage. 

Snow is moved during the shoulder seasons to ensure that people will not damage their sleds on the way to spending their money. 

If a business owner is too thick to understand that those noisy wallets on skis and tracks are the key to prosperity, they either need to step aside or maybe be coerced into understanding by the local and beyond levels of government who WILL benefit. If one gas station owner is non-compliant, all the other small businesses in the area may suffer. 

When viewed on a larger scale, such as the Quebec model, this becomes very apparent. 

To be fair, some businesses are hit up repeatedly for "sponsorship": District Trail Guide ads, club sponsorship trail signs, rally prizes, our calendar, etc. etc. so I think they should be able to say "No" occasionally. 

The gas station situation is simple: there will be no grooming to their business.

As for "local" government, they have been an uphill battle for as long as I've been involved with the club. Every year the same lack of support and cooperation. There is a completely new club executive so time will tell if they are able to develop a constructive, mutually beneficial relationship.

ITG seems to be down, I was trying to figure out some mileage for destination signs and it will not load, says its down for the summer, I had it up a couple nights ago

18 minutes ago, GTC said:

ITG seems to be down, I was trying to figure out some mileage for destination signs and it will not load, says its down for the summer, I had it up a couple nights ago

Refresh your browser and clear cookies.  It's working .

Ok, my lovely wife fixed it for me, thanks, you lost me the refresh and clearing of cookies

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been tasked with updating our club's destination signage & am running into an issue in the Lake St Peter area. No matter how I break down the routing on the railbed (B106E) between the E109 intersection and Lake St. Peter itself, the ITG wants to route me east via MLSS #175 & MLSS #173. It's almost a case of you can't get there from here. Looking back thru the thread, IrREVerent's glitch is still in the system. Not sure who to contact to make them aware of this. If someone is in the know, could you let them know?

Screenshot tonight

image.thumb.png.c5f9d528b3aa4ea77f9b25863b014199.png

• Like 1

Your district admin should have the contact to fix that and also help you break sections of trail.

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

I've been tasked with updating our club's destination signage & am running into an issue in the Lake St Peter area. No matter how I break down the routing on the railbed (B106E) between the E109 intersection and Lake St. Peter itself, the ITG wants to route me east via MLSS #175 & MLSS #173. It's almost a case of you can't get there from here. Looking back thru the thread, IrREVerent's glitch is still in the system. Not sure who to contact to make them aware of this. If someone is in the know, could you let them know?

Screenshot tonight

image.thumb.png.c5f9d528b3aa4ea77f9b25863b014199.png

You should email Lisa Stackhouse at the ofsc, she would welcome your input... Its the only way to fix the issue...