OFSC Interactive Map

DaveTess

I was wondering if anyone knew when the Interactive Map will be back up and running. I'm looking for small resort properties and want to be sure there on an active Snowmobile Trail. 

I know the OFSC web page says November but I was hoping maybe someone could narrow it down.

Thanks in advance

Dave Tess

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaveTess said:

I was wondering if anyone knew when the Interactive Map will be back up and running. I'm looking for small resort properties and want to be sure there on an active Snowmobile Trail. 

I know the OFSC web page says November but I was hoping maybe someone could narrow it down.

Thanks in advance

Dave Tess

I inquired on the OFSC Facebook site about a month ago and they said it would go back up on November 4th.

November 4th is the date it get's turned on for the season.

Okay Thanks guys.

Good luck with your property search. 

5 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I inquired on the OFSC Facebook site about a month ago and they said it would go back up on November 4th.

Agreed, also on the Port Perry Club FB page, it was stated as the 4th Nov by someone who works/working on the upgraded version with the Ofsc. 

9 hours ago, MXZSlider said:

Agreed, also on the Port Perry Club FB page, it was stated as the 4th Nov by someone who works/working on the upgraded version with the Ofsc. 

I wonder if the map is going to work as well as the permit distribution system.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, soupkids said:

Well considering that you're talking about 2 totally unrelated systems I'd say that this comment is totally irrelevant.  And unnecessary. 

• Thanks 4

12 hours ago, soupkids said:

I didn't have any problems with the permit system.... online and ordered in under two minutes. The toughest part was entering my credit card number. Permit arrived in under a week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I didn't have any problems with the permit system.... online and ordered in under two minutes. The toughest part was entering my credit card number. Permit arrived in under a week.

X2 on the ordering, have not got mine yet but no big deal.

6 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I'm talking about the current delivery issues

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 9:52 AM, Nunz said:

November 4th is the date it get's turned on for the season.

still not on line.  I've got rides that need planned...…..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

still not on line.  I've got rides that need planned...…..

I’ll ask around give me a bit

Online trail guide is up and working.

• Like 1

Thanks, Blake. I tried web based - via Android phone. Much more responsive than last year ( load and refresh).

In time, will see if there's an Android app.

Couple of questions arising from the new location feature. The location button at lower right ( circle ) - is that for a 'true' GPS experience? ( it now tracks where you are in relation to ' map' / trail?)

Is cell service necessary for location services to work? 

Time will tell. I suppose some folks can try it in northern Ontario while deer hunting, etc.

Looking forward to exploring northwestern Ontario. Longlac and Marathon...edge of the map. 

• Like 3

Tried some trip planning on the ITG a while ago. It didn't go so good. I put the A at Timmins and wanted to go up the C trail to SRF and on to Kap. The blue route decided to go to Kap via Chapleau, Dub, Hearst. I couldn't get it to work properly unless I broke the route down to little sections and manually added up the mileages. Even when I put the B at SRF and a C at Kap, it still routed via Chapleau. Is that what is referred to as a little glitch?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It's OFSC 's way to promote tourism in the North.  Follow the GPS, they're always right. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The blue route decided to go to Kap via Chapleau, Dub, Hearst. I couldn't get it to work properly .....

All trails lead to D'Ville :)

Not a glitch. Say hi to Luc. 

( See the problem ... ignores your preference/direct route... too far to the west ....)

Meanwhile, over in Quebec where they seem to have a better grip on how to do a trail map - or at least don't have a family compact running things with various fingers in each pie - they have not been content to just sit with their already excellent map, but appear to have made improvements for this upcoming season...

Last year, if you found the link to sledmagazine.com you could view conditions over the provincial system denoted by varied coloured blocks...

1043274545_colourmap01.thumb.jpg.3a2059d410fcb9527a9b15c3678fa31b.jpg

It looks as if this feature is being added to the FCMQ main map as well in addition to the grooming delay feature.......

qm01.thumb.jpg.4f96439c2857f765caff540fc00d755d.jpg

From a geography stand point, the OFSC map does offer a good review of Ontario lake names - towns, not so much.

There were some pretty good recreational property deals in La Tuque last summer...

I concur with soup kids on the trail pass delivery fiasco....paid extra money for tracking and received no information about the passes until they arrived in the mail. Wonder what the connection between the OFSC and the expeditor is....should farm out to Amazon or someone professional.

Looked around ITG last night after work. Not being able to get rid of the left side OFSC blurb distracts from the overall useability of it. Not sure why OFSC or whoever designed this didn't include the function of collapsing that, as there is no such feature. At least not on a tablet/iPad. 

IMG_6357.PNG

14 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Tried some trip planning on the ITG a while ago. It didn't go so good. I put the A at Timmins and wanted to go up the C trail to SRF and on to Kap. The blue route decided to go to Kap via Chapleau, Dub, Hearst. I couldn't get it to work properly unless I broke the route down to little sections and manually added up the mileages. Even when I put the B at SRF and a C at Kap, it still routed via Chapleau. Is that what is referred to as a little glitch?

I did the same thing with the same result yesterday.  

5 hours ago, slomo said:

Meanwhile, over in Quebec where they seem to have a better grip on how to do a trail map - or at least don't have a family compact running things with various fingers in each pie - they have not been content to just sit with their already excellent map, but appear to have made improvements for this upcoming season...

Last year, if you found the link to sledmagazine.com you could view conditions over the provincial system denoted by varied coloured blocks...

1043274545_colourmap01.thumb.jpg.3a2059d410fcb9527a9b15c3678fa31b.jpg

It looks as if this feature is being added to the FCMQ main map as well in addition to the grooming delay feature.......

qm01.thumb.jpg.4f96439c2857f765caff540fc00d755d.jpg

From a geography stand point, the OFSC map does offer a good review of Ontario lake names - towns, not so much.

There were some pretty good recreational property deals in La Tuque last summer...

I concur with soup kids on the trail pass delivery fiasco....paid extra money for tracking and received no information about the passes until they arrived in the mail. Wonder what the connection between the OFSC and the expeditor is....should farm out to Amazon or someone professional.

Doesn't look like it's working..shouldn't they all be "red" right now?

3 hours ago, MXZSlider said:

Looked around ITG last night after work. Not being able to get rid of the left side OFSC blurb distracts from the overall useability of it. Not sure why OFSC or whoever designed this didn't include the function of collapsing that, as there is no such feature. At least not on a tablet/iPad. 

IMG_6357.PNG

Same trick as last year still works..  change the parameters of your browser to be the approx size of a cell phone (i.e. a long rectangle) then open up the ITG.  The dimesions make it think you're on a phone.  Then you can maximize the window and the side bar stays gone.

image.png

• Thanks 1