The aberfoyle of Polaris dealers

Puggz

I've always classified as Aber Sno to be the biggest AC dealer around. Their service is crap but they have awesome prices and a huge inventory.

Who would you say is their equivalent for Polaris?

I visited two Polaris dealers in my area and didn't get much of a reception or help at either of them.

Went looking at and for either a Switchback or Rush. One salesman said "yeah, they're over there" and pointed and never saw or heard from him again. The other dealership I left after 20mins and noone had asked if I needed any help or had questions even though I was right at the sleds for that long. 

Kinda put me off Polaris as a whole and I really wouldn't recommend either in this area to anyone. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, gobills said:

Edge performance normally has a great inventory.  Are you looking for new or used?

Yea Craig I beleive was the owner used to be great,  haven't been there in years. He was fair with trade in prices as well. My dad traded in a sled with a blown top end and he actually took the time to tear it down to evaluate and give him an ok value.

10 minutes ago, gobills said:

Edge performance normally has a great inventory.  Are you looking for new or used?

Its for a friend, I ride AC.  Gently used or new non current.  Thank you, i'll check out edge

I would say Peak, Edge or Byers would be your best bet, Rickward’s in Kearney as well. If he’s looking for a non current my dealer Northgate in Gravenhurst has quite a few.

Edited by Nunz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Puggz said:

Its for a friend, I ride AC.  Gently used or new non current.  Thank you, i'll check out edge

My dealer, mid city, is fantastic.

PM me what your looking for a d I go have a look.

Talk to Win Fraser at Byers

There are some great deals out there right now, seems dealers are really slashing prices trying to move them.

As said above I would check peak as well oakville and barrie. 

Let us know of you have any questions.  We have a lot of guys on here that can offer great advice on the different models they offer.

1 hour ago, gobills said:

There are some great deals out there right now, seems dealers are really slashing prices trying to move them.

As said above I would check peak as well oakville and barrie. 

Let us know of you have any questions.  We have a lot of guys on here that can offer great advice on the different models they offer.

At Peak the sales guys don't even know what a Snowmobile is. Last time I was in there I had to explain to the sales guy that Polaris made mid size and Full size rangers. He didn't believe me. 

Idiots

• Sad 1

Seguin Marina hands down. Bought a new demo years ago from byers. Was on the way back from Kearney and sled broke down, the throttle safety switch the wires broke no biggie. Called byers the next day and brought down to them the day after that. They called me back and said the what it was and that it would be close to a week and half getting the part in. I asked Jamie could you not just take one off the many sleds you have there and put it on mine and then he could put the part on their sled when they get it. He said no they are selling like hot cakes. The same sled was there two weeks prior i saw. I asked seguin marina if they could do that for me knowing that i didn;t even buy the sled from them, the only floor model they had there they were willing to take it off theirs to put on mine just to get me going again as I had to stake the lakes that saturday for my club. 

For that reason alone I will never deal with byers again and will deal with seguin marina. Just my two cents. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SuperG said:

Seguin Marina hands down. Bought a new demo years ago from byers. Was on the way back from Kearney and sled broke down, the throttle safety switch the wires broke no biggie. Called byers the next day and brought down to them the day after that. They called me back and said the what it was and that it would be close to a week and half getting the part in. I asked Jamie could you not just take one off the many sleds you have there and put it on mine and then he could put the part on their sled when they get it. He said no they are selling like hot cakes. The same sled was there two weeks prior i saw. I asked seguin marina if they could do that for me knowing that i didn;t even buy the sled from them, the only floor model they had there they were willing to take it off theirs to put on mine just to get me going again as I had to stake the lakes that saturday for my club. 

For that reason alone I will never deal with byers again and will deal with seguin marina. Just my two cents. 

I've heard horror stories coming from Seguin marine lots too. Just my 2 cents.

2 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Performance Recreation gets my nod. WHEN I had Polaris,  he was my go to spot. Glenn and the boys were good. Even when i had issues, things were always done to get me back on the snow ASAP. Great guys..

All the boys are gone now. No more pete no more tommy parts boy and the 1 mechanic is gone too. You dont get a nickname of slippery for no reason. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, reevester said:

I've heard horror stories coming from Seguin marine lots too. Just my 2 cents.

All the boys are gone now. No more pete no more tommy parts boy and the 1 mechanic is gone too. You dont get a nickname of slippery for no reason. 

Where did Tommy go?

1 minute ago, Sksman said:

Where did Tommy go?

He just had enough of the place I believe. He has been helping his dad rebuild their family cottage on lake muskoka this summer that burnt down last year. I think I heard he was going to a different dealer but haven't chatted with him in a couple months. 

33 minutes ago, reevester said:

He just had enough of the place I believe. He has been helping his dad rebuild their family cottage on lake muskoka this summer that burnt down last year. I think I heard he was going to a different dealer but haven't chatted with him in a couple months. 

He (Tommy) should try sales. 

Not sure about the bigger is better dealer mentality.  

When you have an issue and how it gets resolved is the most important measurement to go by when comparing dealers or any service heavy operation.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Not sure about the bigger is better dealer mentality.  

When you have an issue and how it gets resolved is the most important measurement to go by when comparing dealers or any service heavy operation.

Everyone is going to have good and bad experiences with every different dealer. People expect to be in and out right away and get the best price possible. 

10 minutes ago, reevester said:

Everyone is going to have good and bad experiences with every different dealer. People expect to be in and out right away and get the best price possible. 

You also can't please everyone.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You also can't please everyone.

Even then it's still not good enough people need to think they somehow won. 

4 hours ago, reevester said:

For a Polaris dealer I would take a shot at Marsh's Marina in Waubaushene. I haven't had any sled dealings with them but did for a StarCraft  boat I bought. I put it in the water and there was a very small amount of water seeping in under one of the floor ribs. Likely from a rivet. I went back and left it with Mike. I came back a week later and he admitted he hadn't had a chance to leak test the boat so he swapped it out for me with a new one.

• Thanks 1