Parry Sound Early Snow!!!!

02Sled

https://radioworkzparrysound.com/2019/10/30/updated-snowfall-alert-now-affects-all-of-parry-sound-district/

UPDATE: An Environment Canada Special weather statement alerting of significant snowfall has been extended to all of the Parry Sound District. In the Town of Parry Sound, a low-pressure system will bring significant rainfall with it tonight through Thursday with many areas receiving a total of 20 to 40 mm of rain by Thursday evening.

Officials say as the low passes by Thursday night, rain may change over to snow before tapering off Friday. Possible snowfall could amount to between 5 and 10 cm in the region. Environment Canada says it’s not certain when the rain will change to snow however says many folks may wake up to snow-covered grass for the first time this season Friday morning. The forecast remains unchanged for north Parry Sound district.

Original Post: Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement alerting of heavy snowfall for the northern part of the Parry Sound District.The agency says significant snowfall is possible Thursday evening through Friday morning in an area that includes The Archipelago and Burk’s Falls and extending into North Bay. Officials say between 10 to 20 cm of snowfall is possible. However, they are not sure what track an approaching low-pressure system will take and the amount of snowfall it’ll create.

No rain please, waiting for a snow....

Finished with leafs last weekend at the cottage so time to plow a snow:icon_snow:

Edited by andreyboater
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, andreyboater said:

No rain please, waiting for a snow....

Finished with leafs last weekend at the cottage so time to plow a snow:icon_snow:

Not yet... we need the frost in the ground before the snow covers it up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

Not yet... we need the frost in the ground before the snow covers it up.

To be fair, how many seasons have we actually seen good frost in the ground in Muskoka prior to snow fall? I can count one year in the last 10 years where it actually helped..

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

To be fair, how many seasons have we actually seen good frost in the ground in Muskoka prior to snow fall? I can count one year in the last 10 years where it actually helped..

Can't hurt to hope for the best case scenario. This is way too early though. Forget the frost... way too much water around.

15 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Can't hurt to hope for the best case scenario. This is way too early though. Forget the frost... way too much water around.

LOL yup,  typical! 

5 hours ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

We can only hope.  Lol.

This morning at my cottage on Whitefish lake Seguin. Fell so good to see white ground :icon_hyper:

Screenshot_20191101-080623_SeeCiTV.jpg

• Like 2

I don't know if this is legit or not but it was on Polar Bear Riders Facebook Page this morning and the cation claimed that it was posted  in EARLTON  as follows   "Picture shared from Cousin Albert this morning in Earlton. They got this overnight. Missed us in Cochrane."

ist snow.jpg

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
  • Like 1

looks about right, Karen's cousin lives in Temagami and he is saying 9 inches of snow this am up there.

37 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I don't know if this is legit or not but it was on Polar Bear Riders Facebook Page this morning and the cation claimed that it was posted  in EARLTON  as follows   "Picture shared from Cousin Albert this morning in Earlton. They got this overnight. Missed us in Cochrane."

ist snow.jpg

This is not fake news. Its the real deal...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

This is not fake news. Its the real deal...

I figured you would be salivating over that picture. LOL

• Haha 1

Let it snow, let it snow.

:)

Blake will be loading the sled as we speak...

Flurries in Apsley @ 8 AM. A bit harder north of Lakefield.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Heard HWY 11 from Temagami to Cobalt is closed..:whatever:

W/ that the ice road Olimpics begins...

• Haha 1

Accumilations seemed to be sporatic in the lower areas. Buddy of mine text me a photo early this morn with at least 3-4" in L Simcoe area, Wife was reporting 2-3" in Port Perry area, yet I have nothing really here in Lindsay.. 

7 hours ago, stoney said:

They actually are.....

of course they are... it's much too dangerous to drive in a 1/2 in. snow

36 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

With the truckers from brampton?.:banghead:

Yep :(

As long as they stay off TOP C in Timmins, I'll be happy...