TRAILER DECISION

thetorches

Planning on buying a double wide hybrid trailer. Deciding between a PROSTARR for $6292.00 or Excalibur Avalanche Summit for $5795.00. Both have side doors and spare tire. Seem to have same options but ProStarr's frame is beefier. Any opinions or personal experience with either one would be appreciated. Anybody know if they charge tax at the show. Thanks.

1 hour ago, thetorches said:

Planning on buying a double wide hybrid trailer. Deciding between a PROSTARR for $6292.00 or Excalibur Avalanche Summit for $5795.00. Both have side doors and spare tire. Seem to have same options but ProStarr's frame is beefier. Any opinions or personal experience with either one would be appreciated. Anybody know if they charge tax at the show. Thanks.

Cant give any info on trailers,  but i Doo know cash talks on Sunday at the show..

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

Cant give any info on trailers,  but i Doo know cash talks on Sunday at the show..

Ok. Thanks.

23 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Especially if you take it home from the show and they don't have to.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2019 at 2:31 PM, thetorches said:

I see you never did get an answer to your question.

I'm in the same boat looking for a 12' hybrid under $6K. Choices so far are Prostarr, Excalibur, or Mission. I would of liked to get another Tritan, but they are too pricey. Presently leaning towards the Mission, abt $5500 and can be sourced locally.

I will probably wait and see what deals can be had at Sledarama.

I picked up an 11’ Hybrid from Custom Carts in Trenton last December. 
Came to roughly $6,000 after taxes. 
Its all aluminum and all LED lights. Side door and front hatch access door. It is a very simple trailer but it does get 2 sleds from point A to point B very easily. 
I believe they have a 12’ model aswell but can’t remember. 

C8588A59-4BE9-43F9-B5BD-A66CAA8F03D9.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bigfish said:

I see you never did get an answer to your question.

I'm in the same boat looking for a 12' hybrid under $6K. Choices so far are Prostarr, Excalibur, or Mission. I would of liked to get another Tritan, but they are too pricey. Presently leaning towards the Mission, abt $5500 and can be sourced locally.

I will probably wait and see what deals can be had at Sledarama.

Looked at the Prostarr and excalibur at Toronto show. I like the prostarr. Seems to be a stronger frame. Then i looked at the prostarr 7'× 16' inline trailer. Alot better for towing and better visibility. Haven't decided yet. Also going to Sledarama. No deals on trailers at show. Best they offered was a free spare tire. Same deals online.

10 hours ago, Dragon600 said:

I picked up an 11’ Hybrid from Custom Carts in Trenton last December. 
Came to roughly $6,000 after taxes. 
Its all aluminum and all LED lights. Side door and front hatch access door. It is a very simple trailer but it does get 2 sleds from point A to point B very easily. 
I believe they have a 12’ model aswell but can’t remember. 

C8588A59-4BE9-43F9-B5BD-A66CAA8F03D9.jpeg

Thanks for info. Will check them out.

I wish some more of the manufacturers would make the front access a 4x4 opening like Triton. It would make the decision to get something other than Triton easier

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:10 PM, barberch said:

I wish some more of the manufacturers would make the front access a 4x4 opening like Triton. It would make the decision to get something other than Triton easier

Personally I never use the front hatch and would prefer one without it. I use either the side man door or the ramp.

Checked out a Mission 12' Crossover (Hybrid) in Peterborough today, impressive! However they want $6.5K for it.

Think I'll keep looking.

I’ll be honest the shallow front hatch I don’t really use either. Once its caked with slush from the road it won’t stay open anyways. 

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Personally I never use the front hatch and would prefer one without it. I use either the side man door or the ramp.

Can you get to the skis for tie downs with 2 sleds side by side in the trailer easily without going through the front?

43 minutes ago, barberch said:

Can you get to the skis for tie downs with 2 sleds side by side in the trailer easily without going through the front?

I wouldn't say it's easy but you can do it.  Just have to squeeze in between sleds to get your bar across the skis.

I had 2 mission trailers before that had the front door and I found that it leaked and let salt spray into the trailer.

Also I found that the shocks on them wore out quick making them a pain in the ass  to use.

8 minutes ago, gobills said:

I wouldn't say it's easy but you can do it.  Just have to squeeze in between sleds to get your bar across the skis.

I had 2 mission trailers before that had the front door and I found that it leaked and let salt spray into the trailer.

Also I found that the shocks on them wore out quick making them a pain in the ass  to use.

Cool. I havent had those issues with my Triton

• Like 2

15 hours ago, barberch said:

Cool. I havent had those issues with my Triton

"Pay me now, or pay me later."

No one ever regrets buying a Triton, wishing they had gone for a lower priced trailer.

19 hours ago, barberch said:

I can and I'm not a tiny person. I can step between the two sleds. The skis are essentially touching side by side but I just step over the arms and have plenty of room to get to the crank down ski bars. It's easier for me than trying to climb through that hatch door.