Advertising Signs Near Kap'

revrnd

Our club is discussing trailside advertising. The signs along TOP A as you approach Kap were mentioned. If anyone knows anything about how the signing program is managed or who I could contact, would you please PM me? Thanks in advance.

Claire Voyant would be in the know.

Gotta say those Kap signboards are among the most impressive I've seen in Ontario.  Anyone have a pic they could post?  It's something our local Business Community should see.

Thanks.

Edited by whits-end
  • Like 2

Are you referring to the map board with the "you are here" pointer? These signs were a local initiative by the club, created by a local printing company and paid for with sponsorship dollars from a local business owner. 

PM me and I'll send you the name and number of a club rep that will be able to give you more details. 

I'm still in my jammies, so you'll have to wait for a picture.

Is this the sign you are talking about? 

In years gone by, there were individual sponsor signs mounted on either side. Now those signs are posted on-trail as you enter town from the east or west. There is an annual cost for the sponsor for each sign (about $100 a year, I think). 

Trail Billboard.jpg

Edited by Claire Voyant

I'm thinking he's referring to the lineup of individual signs just getting into town at either end of the A trail.  It is very impressive to see.

They had some similar signs here but are all but gone now.  

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

I'm thinking he's referring to the lineup of individual signs just getting into town at either end of the A trail.  It is very impressive to see.

Yes, I re-read the post. My bad. There are a few changes on the board of directors this year, so I'm trying to nail down the body responsible for the "trail sponsor" signs. I've never actually took any pics of those ones, but they are all the same size and are blue and (reflective) white, as per OFSC signage guidelines. These, too, are done by Northern Signs here in Kap. 

I'll post with more info as soon as I know.....

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2019 at 12:56 PM, Denis007 said:

Exactly!

On 10/21/2019 at 1:04 PM, Claire Voyant said:

Yes, I re-read the post. My bad. There are a few changes on the board of directors this year, so I'm trying to nail down the body responsible for the "trail sponsor" signs. I've never actually took any pics of those ones, but they are all the same size and are blue and (reflective) white, as per OFSC signage guidelines. These, too, are done by Northern Signs here in Kap. 

I'll post with more info as soon as I know.....

Thank you very much Clare!

On 10/29/2019 at 8:35 AM, Claire Voyant said:

The Mister tells me he met up with you at the show.....and was able to discuss the signs. Good stuff

Thanks. He pretty much answered all my questions. I can take the info back to the exec'.