First ride.

GrizzlyGriff

3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

I'm ahead of you.  I've been riding sleds back and forth between the shop and warehouse across the street for about 3 weeks... we have these ski wheel things that hook onto the ski loop with a wheel on either side of the ski, they work great !!  Just finished an engine rebuild and moved it across yesterday.  Must be close to 1 km by now !!!!

First saw those at Novi in 2016.  They looked pretty intriguing.  glad to hear that they work well.

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

Need the 2020 for pics...

Oh.  From your previous post, I thought you had already loaded the 2020.

On 10/21/2019 at 9:32 PM, Blake G said:

I've heard that one of our illustrious brethren has already been sledding in Iceland. And no, it wasn't me.

That may be true...Sept 7th, to be exact, so I guess that makes me first. Unfortunately, it was on an Arctic Cat 3000 touring sled...what a slug!

Edited by irREVerent
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 10/21/2019 at 9:56 PM, Denis007 said:

I was born on Christmas, so  I'm as to close as Jesus as y'all are gonna get.... :rotflmao:

My whole life has been a lie .... 

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

" The two most notable pagan winter holidays were Germanic Yule and Roman Saturnalia.

Christian missionaries gave these holidays a makeover and they are now known to us as Christmas.......

Saturnalia was a lawless, drunken time in Rome where literally anything was okay — laws were suspended for a brief stretch of time.

Saturn, the Roman god of agriculture, liberation and time (and parties!), was celebrated at what is perhaps the most famous of the Roman festivals, the Saturnalia, It was a time of feasting, role reversals, free speech, gift-giving and revelry. (read: gender-bending sex, drinking, telling people off, trading gifts and doing whatever you want)."

article:

https://wearyourvoicemag.com/culture/christmas-pagan-roots-winter-holiday

Historical evidence suggests that Jesus, the person, was born in the springtime — but that Christian missionaries adopted Yule celebrations in order to appease and convert pagans who were deeply, spiritually attached to their own holidays. Early Christians were also fascinated by the rural, rustic pagan traditions.

• Thanks 1

Does this count?

Not sleds, but yes for snow....

Loading up near Halfway when we got a foot between 8: and noon:

Overheated doo to plugged rads.

I know it was  first half of November (near end of moose season) and the pic is hard to make out, but it looks like 11/_7/05 ???

LoadedUp.jpg

Edited by Ox
  • Like 2

Texas panhandle was getting snow a couple of days ago

On 10/24/2019 at 6:56 AM, Denis007 said:

.. we have these ski wheel things that hook onto the ski loop with a wheel on either side of the ski, they work great !!  

They work in reverse also?

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

They work in reverse also?

Yes, very well.  Gravel and grass no problem as long as it's not too deep or thick. Ge great for around the house and for loading and unloading from the trailer. 

• Like 1

Royal has something similar for $80. I don't think the design for the track would last long though https://www.royaldistributing.com/maxx-professional-sled-dolly-set-012-954.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlMbcpqzO5QIVFpSzCh0hPATiEAQYASABEgJfJvD_BwE

1 hour ago, Poo Man said:

Royal has something similar for $80. I don't think the design for the track would last long though https://www.royaldistributing.com/maxx-professional-sled-dolly-set-012-954.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlMbcpqzO5QIVFpSzCh0hPATiEAQYASABEgJfJvD_BwE

I bought those last year and they were crap, sold both sets of them. They started bending outwards and were useless. 

3 hours ago, Nunz said:

I bought those last year and they were crap, sold both sets of them. They started bending outwards and were useless. 

Those ones ARE crap.  Ours are about 20 pounds Each, 1/4" thick steel multiple pieces bolted together, adjustable for width and height.  Big wide wheels roll well over various terrain.  Not sure who makes them but I'll grab a picture of them mounted on a sled. 

1 hour ago, Denis007 said:

Those ones ARE crap.  Ours are about 20 pounds Each, 1/4" thick steel multiple pieces bolted together, adjustable for width and height.  Big wide wheels roll well over various terrain.  Not sure who makes them but I'll grab a picture of them mounted on a sled. 

I was looking at the ones caliber makes really good style and looks stronger but much more expensive, I bought a pair of ski boots from a friend at work almost look like oversized ski skins, might help getting sleds into the garage. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nunz said:

I was looking at the ones caliber makes really good style and looks stronger but much more expensive, I bought a pair of ski boots from a friend at work almost look like oversized ski skins, might help getting sleds into the garage. 

Caliber is the ones we have. Great product. The ski boots I badly want though. Moving a sled around the yard is bad news when the grass is saturated with water.  If you can find a set for me I'd happily repay you ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, manotickmike said:

We need an "in-house" fab guy to do sled wheels. 

I'd be down for 2 sets.

Revrnd?  Oh, Revrnd? :rotflmao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So many moving parts.

I've got at least 3 different sets ( junk ) ... Glad to offer them up as " what not to do ". 

1 hour ago, manotickmike said:

I wasn't going to call him out.

Much.

:icon_lolsign:

My friend Joe, at his camp north of the Sault on Sunday.

tundra.jpg

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Dan-Senior said:

My friend Joe, at his camp north of the Sault on Sunday.

tundra.jpg

Ski and I were just having this conversation the other day, about when we would be seeing your first ride up there....

• Like 1

Apparently the c trail to shining tree had too much snow on it for quads on the weekend.

Guy was telling me today about the snow.

Early Snow

Merci, Denis.  Hope all is well.

The season has started 2 weeks early this year, for the Sault region.  Looking at the long-range forecast, it looks like it may be here to stay until spring as I don't see any warm-ups in the next 14 days, however, that can change. 

Locally, in the Sault, we have minimal snow, but 10 minutes north of the city, it starts in Heyden and the further you go north and inland, the deeper it gets.  1 Hour north is where the deeper snow is.  

Personally, this upcoming weekend will be my 1st ride of the season.  Hope to get to Hearst someday, the closest was Hornepayne years ago.

Dan

Edited by Dan-Senior