First ride.

GrizzlyGriff

Last  year my brother and I  went to St Zenon and stayed at Le Cabanon. Before Christmas.  Always the first open. Hoping we can do the same this year

• Like 5

7963ACC2-3A0E-42D2-B5C6-ABBA7BBF7005.jpeg

• Haha 1

And that's before Christmas 

9 hours ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Last  year my brother and I  went to St Zenon and stayed at Le Cabanon. Before Christmas.  Always the first open. Hoping we can do the same this year

See you up there. Jesus was born in April. Christmas is fake news.

• Haha 1

Our first ride of '02/'03, as you can see on 12/15

Outside of Hornepayne.

First [only] tracks accrost a few lakes (slushy) and I think we got turned around in a swampy section at the bottom of a long hill that we would have loved to have been able to climb on.

Again - here applies the heavy rubber boots! ;)

Snow was heavy.

[may as well attach the pic eh?]

HornepayneHydroline1.jpg

Edited by Ox
  • Like 2

I'm putting my money on Blake.... if there is snow to be found he will find it and ride it

• Like 1

No doubt Blake is good and Ive ridden with both for some  pre Christmas excursions but don't  discount a hungry grizzly .One of the best for finding good trails/snow 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gobills said:

Haven't heard from blake in awhile maybe he made the trek to Manitoba for the early snow lol

He was here a cpl days ago - over in the Heavy Boot thread.

last year our first ride was dec 8th. break in ride for my new sled. had good riding for christmas and new years. shooting for the same this year. last day of work will be dec 20, next day back will be jan 14, 2020. taking 3 weeks off at the holidays this year. :D Ski

• Like 2

I've heard that one of our illustrious brethren has already been sledding in Iceland. And no, it wasn't me.

On 10/19/2019 at 8:08 AM, slomo said:

See you up there. Jesus was born in April. Christmas is fake news.

I was born on Christmas, so  I'm as to close as Jesus as y'all are gonna get.... :rotflmao:

My whole life has been a lie .... 

Edited by Denis007
  • Haha 1

OK. Who's taking Blake for first ride?  Ski-Doo boy is a contender 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I will put my hat in the ring.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nunz said:

I will put my hat in the ring.

Meet you at the Canyon buddy !!!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 9:56 PM, Denis007 said:

I was born on Christmas, so  I'm as to close as Jesus as y'all are gonna get.... :rotflmao:

My whole life has been a lie .... 

I  was born boxing day. Not as close to Jesus as you lol 

• Haha 1

Nov 14th / 2018

Quick and nasty storms come off of Lake Superior dumping a good amount of snow in a short period of time, then within 3 days or so, melted until cooler temperatures move back in.

This was Nov 14th last year.  It is not an early start record, as we have ridden in October before.  We will be riding within 30 days from now.

nov14-2018-2.jpg

nov14-2018.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Does loading and unloading the '19 850 into the trailer,  and loading in the 2020 Doo count?.:rotflmao:

If it does then I beat you!  Unloaded the '07 and '12 from the 2011 Triton and on to the 2020. :lol:

So.  Where are the pics of the 2020?????

7 hours ago, sledjunk said:

If it does then I beat you!  Unloaded the '07 and '12 from the 2011 Triton and on to the 2020. :lol:

I'm ahead of you.  I've been riding sleds back and forth between the shop and warehouse across the street for about 3 weeks... we have these ski wheel things that hook onto the ski loop with a wheel on either side of the ski, they work great !!  Just finished an engine rebuild and moved it across yesterday.  Must be close to 1 km by now !!!!

• Like 1

Moved the trailer from storage to my driveway (baby steps)

2 hours ago, Denis007 said:

I'm ahead of you.  I've been riding sleds back and forth between the shop and warehouse across the street for about 3 weeks... we have these ski wheel things that hook onto the ski loop with a wheel on either side of the ski, they work great !!  Just finished an engine rebuild and moved it across yesterday.  Must be close to 1 km by now !!!!

:icon_badrazz:

• Haha 1