New Jacket.

zoso

My Klim Valdez had run its course. So, I was thinking of a new Klim with insulation. After much deliberation, I decided to go back to the shell. Was intending to buy another valdez. However I came upon a discount site selling last seasons ski gear. Klim rarely discounts much  so I had a look. Came upon this spyder gore tex pro shell, which is what the valdez is. I know it works it is gores top of the line technical shell material. Price was great, paid 439 including taxes and shipping. Klim was 800. If looking for new gear, ski apparrel is a great option because the selections of high end stuff is endless and ski people are fasion freaks so many would not be caught dead in last years gear so left overs get deep discounts. Last hunt is the site. Canadian company.received_1419698221514886.thumb.jpeg.590c2d14026c212885953f36acd10ab3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I went with the keweenaw jacket and bib pants, in all gray/black

3096-003_Asphalt_01.jpg

3095-003_Hi-Vis_01.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great! 

Thanks for the website - I glanced at it, but it's a hit and miss proposition. I'll circle back in the future - find that my Klim jacket is too short. It rises as I stretch my hands out to handlebars. Much prefer the longer jackets I had in the past. Anyone aware of 'longer' jacket brands? 

Thanks again, Zoso.

• Like 1

You don't want to know.!!

• Haha 1

Both. It is a technical shell. Simply put, it is virtually watertight and breathable with zero insulation. You choose base and mid layers to obtain the right amount of warmth for the day. I have been using the valzez for 7 years. It is just a shell as well so I have a multitude of base and mid layers I have collected over the years and do not need to shop for any at this time. I will still be in my Klim free ride pant, that is also just a shell.