SLED PERMIT ORDERS

PISTON LAKE CRUISER

Just ordered my sled permit for this winter. Got to say that it was the smoothest online transaction for permit purchases to date. The "I accept" portion is a bit of a PIA but needed to help defend against frivolous lawsuits. 

Note that you can go back into the site after your purchase and print off a temporary copy of your permit which is good for 2 weeks. Kudos to the OFSC for this feature especially for those who buy there permit when they are ready to leave for a ride.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
  • Like 2

I agree did mine this morning also.  Easy as can be.

• Like 1

Me too me too !!!  Done at lunch.  Easy peasy.

(I wonder if IQ is gonna notice the extra $200 on his credit card statement ... )

:lmao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Orderd two permits for my sleds almost 4 hours ago, but still no email confirmation:(

Just now, Jason T said:

Maybe went to spam? i got email almost instantly.

X2

No I checked nothing in spam, but if I'm  trying to proceed purchase again it shows it completed.

1 minute ago, andreyboater said:

No I checked nothing in spam, but if I'm  trying to proceed purchase again it shows it completed.

If its complete when you go back in, you should have the ability to click on a box at the bottom which would let you print a temporary permit. Click on it and it will show your purchase info and the order #.

"If its complete when you go back in, you should have the ability to click on a box at the bottom which would let you print a temporary permit. Click on it and it will show your purchase info and the order #. "

can't do it...

this what I've got...

pass.png

At least I see my visa was charged:D 

I havent gotten an email yet, and i get the same screen as Andreyboater when I try to look for the temporary permit.

32 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

At least I see my visa was charged:D 

I just tried again and the temporary permit box doesn't show up anymore BUT if you go to the next screen (60%) past the one you show above, it says on my 60% screen that a seasonal permit has been purchased for the sled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andreyboater said:

Orderd two permits for my sleds almost 4 hours ago, but still no email confirmation:(

Andre - same thing here - send an email to the 'trouble' email address and let them know this has happened. They will locate your purchase and send you the body of the email that you did not receive. I had a reply from them in less than 2 hours. My email did not arrive and was not in my spam folder. I did take the precaution of doing screen saves as I went through the purchase process for two machines though and was able to provide the purchase number and payment information.

What I can't find is "My Page" ?? Logged back into the purchase area and not to be found. Supposed to give you updates on the progress of your passes. Last year, mine was well travelled - up to Owen Sound and then back to me finally - was happy about spending the $10 tracking fee so I knew where it was.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I just tried again and the temporary permit box doesn't show up anymore BUT if you go to the next screen (60%) past the one you show above, it says on my 60% screen that a seasonal permit has been purchased for the sled.

It's not allow me to go to next page.

Sent email to OFSC, will see what's happen...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

Sent email to OFSC, will see what's happen...

They have all hands on deck today, I am sure you will hear back soon from them.

• Like 1

So i am seeing that the pricing is the same as its been for a few seasons now, right?. So does this mean we found the sweet spot for pricing?, or are we afraid of increasing it?. Etc etc.. i am fine with the trail pass price, and will be totally ok with a price increase.  I am just wondering what the thoughts are?.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

So i am seeing that the pricing is the same as its been for a few seasons now, right?. So does this mean we found the sweet spot for pricing?, or are we afraid of increasing it?. Etc etc.. i am fine with the trail pass price, and will be totally ok with a price increase.  I am just wondering what the thoughts are?.

The process for the last few years has been to provide prices to MTO for approval based upon permit sales the previous year.  Sales last year did not exceed the 5% increase required to increase the prices.  The matrix provided for next year will still hold the price if there is not a 5% increase in sales.  If there is a 5% increase, the price is supposed to jump $25 according to what was passed at AGM.

• Like 1

Just got respond from OFSC, according with confirmation and printable permits. Works good for me.:icon_dance-cpatch: 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sledjunk said:

The process for the last few years has been to provide prices to MTO for approval based upon permit sales the previous year.  Sales last year did not exceed the 5% increase required to increase the prices.  The matrix provided for next year will still hold the price if there is not a 5% increase in sales.  If there is a 5% increase, the price is supposed to jump $25 according to what was passed at AGM.

If the OFSC has to wait for a prior year 5% sales increase to get approval from MTO for an increase, IMHO the OFSC could go out of business waiting because of a STUPID rule imposed by some know nothing at the MTO. The MTO has been increasing licensing costs for autos and commercial vehicles at rates not seen in the past as well as for related transaction rates. I bet they aren't using the same criteria for all of those sales increases. 

• Thanks 1