SLED PERMIT ORDERS

PISTON LAKE CRUISER

I just picked my permits out of the mailbox 19 minutes ago.

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Received mine by regular mail this morning. 14 days after order. Works for me. Permit # is 1781, I wonder what # they started at?

So my permit came in the mail this morning October 15th and this afternoon (12:25 PM) I got the email stating:

This is to advise you that your order shipped on 2019-10-15

You can view your order history on your permit account online in the 'Registered Snowmobiles' area.

Canada Post is doing an awesome job! 

• Like 2

On 10/14/2019 at 12:04 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

Try with Chrome or Firefox, ie do not use Internet (Destroyer) Explorer.

I talked to the OFSC to-day. I do have Internet Explorer. They said to use the Tab key on my laptop, and it worked, bringing me to the page that asked for the next, next. Permit is on order. Thanks for all those that tried to help. Glad it was a nice simple fix.

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Canada Post is doing an awesome job! 

I'll pass that on to the wife.... :evil2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Dont expect much eh..:poke2:. You're getting too old to handle it anyways..:icon_steer:

Punk ... :rotflmao:

My permit actually showed up yesterday too.  The lady from our local Canada Post (the wifie) delivered it right to my 'puter desk ... best service ever !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, sledjunk said:

True!  It's not like I need it or am ready for it.  But I did have higher expectations after AGM.  Silly me!

When you run organisations on shoestring budgets don't expect more than what you get

• Like 1

Got mine, ordered October 1st, received 15th. Now main thing attach to my sleds before they get lost as usual.:lmao:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Oh wow. Service with a smile eh!. B)

:D

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:12 AM, tireless said:

How come I ordered a Ontario permit and Quebec permit at the same time online and have had the Quebec permit for 3 days now.

Still waiting for Ontario. Me thinks one has their &hit together and one is always trying! LOL!

Couldn't possibly be Canada Post could it. I have had mail sent from a few blocks away take longer to get here than a few provinces away and they both had the same postmark date

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:56 AM, slomo said:

Yes, both the Quebec trail pass and the insurance refund cheque came on the same day at approximately the same 3 day stretch - Quebec by Canada Post. I think the OFSC has to look into updating or redesigning the purchase web page or contract it out to amazon.ca - I received no confirmation email, paid for tracking, did not receive a "your thing has shipped" email with a tracking number and was rather surprised to get a "we missed you" sticker from Purolator - anticipating a delivery from Canada Post as in past years. In my particular case, I am never at home when deliveries arrive so will always end up at a post office outlet to pick it up. Had someone not let the Purlator dellivery person into the building to stick the "sorry we missed you" sticker on my mailbox, I would still be wondering where it was.

I did receive prompt attention from the OFSC permits email when double checking my permit and a suggestion to change my email address (yahoo) but everything else was getting to the email address. Also, could not find the "my page" on the OFSC permit buying site, so something obviously needs to be updated. Not the only one with these troubles apparently.

I feel your pain. But for a lucky circumstance above, mine might have circled the drain for a while also.

I ordered mine online and opened my email within seconds of the OFSC website saying my transaction was complete. The email was already there. The online process took about two minutes or less and was extremely easy to use. The longest toughest part was entering my credit card number and expiry date.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:28 AM, Poo Man said:

If it was me and one sled was out of commission early in the season I would get a replacement permit and put it in on the backup. As long as your not using both sleds at the same time I personally don't see the issue

Try that with two cars you have.... good luck

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:16 PM, IQ TURBO said:

Easy fellas,  no trails open yet. :rotflmao:... i have not even ordered ours yet. May not either...:rotflmao:.... Wheres the 2020 Doo at anyways, Doo dealer?????????????:rotflmao:...

You can always use the trail permit gift card to lock in your pricing.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:04 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

Try with Chrome or Firefox, ie do not use Internet (Destroyer) Explorer.

I used Internet Explorer and didn't have a problem.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:09 PM, Denis007 said:

I think they just waited and bulk shipped a bunch when they had a couple of weeks worth of them to ship.  Got the same e-mail this morning.  

If I recall correctly from the AGM the fulfillment house has changed to one located in the Toronto area in proximity of the Dixie and Eglington postal centre with daily deliveries there not only OFSC processing but their other customer processing as well.

Looks like I am going to try the Gift card option as one of our sleds hasn't shipped yet and I wont have my registration numbers for mine by then.

Got my email on Tuesday (yesterday) that my sticker was posted....looked on my sled and it was already stuck to the windshield :rotflmao:  wow, that's service.

Okay Okay .... got mine last Friday evening Oct. 11th  put on the sled on 12th ( saturday and forgot)..... then got the email on the 15th.   Wouldn't it be neat though if the Snow Fairy had come over and placed it on my sled without me knowing?  Eh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/8/2019 at 10:55 AM, 02Sled said:

Right now I'm torn... the wife says she is done with sledding. First thought was sell her sled even though it has less than 1,000 km on it. Second thought is keep it and use day permits when someone else wants to come along or when I'm looking for someone to ride so I'm not going solo which I'm not a fan of just in case something goes wrong.

I went this route a few years ago.  Bought an older sled, still fun and reliable for a few thousand bucks.  Told myself I'd get my wife out a bit, introduce some friends to the sport, try to get some back into it...  

She went out a few times and friends rode it twice.  It's going up for sale this year, an expense that I don't want any more.

1 hour ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Got my email on Tuesday (yesterday) that my sticker was posted....looked on my sled and it was already stuck to the windshield :rotflmao:  wow, that's service.

Okay Okay .... got mine last Friday evening Oct. 11th  put on the sled on 12th ( saturday and forgot)..... then got the email on the 15th.   Wouldn't it be neat though if the Snow Fairy had come over and placed it on my sled without me knowing?  Eh!

It would be even nicer if the Snow Fairy paid for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, schmied said:

I went this route a few years ago.  Bought an older sled, still fun and reliable for a few thousand bucks.  Told myself I'd get my wife out a bit, introduce some friends to the sport, try to get some back into it...  

She went out a few times and friends rode it twice.  It's going up for sale this year, an expense that I don't want any more.

I only bought one permit this year. I'm just going to carry it in my tank bag and use it for both sleds. Just kidding. If her sled sells it's gone, if not or until then I'll go with day permits when appropriate. With a puppy and relying on motels for sledding she won't be riding again.

23 hours ago, 02Sled said:

If I recall correctly from the AGM the fulfillment house has changed to one located in the Toronto area in proximity of the Dixie and Eglington postal centre with daily deliveries there not only OFSC processing but their other customer processing as well.

We were told the same by our club prez who was @ the AGM.

Ofsc permit arrived today ...10 days . Quebec 3 days.