SLED PERMIT ORDERS

PISTON LAKE CRUISER

18 hours ago, tireless said:

How come I ordered a Ontario permit and Quebec permit at the same time online and have had the Quebec permit for 3 days now.

Still waiting for Ontario. Me thinks one has their &hit together and one is always trying! LOL!

Yes, both the Quebec trail pass and the insurance refund cheque came on the same day at approximately the same 3 day stretch - Quebec by Canada Post. I think the OFSC has to look into updating or redesigning the purchase web page or contract it out to amazon.ca - I received no confirmation email, paid for tracking, did not receive a "your thing has shipped" email with a tracking number and was rather surprised to get a "we missed you" sticker from Purolator - anticipating a delivery from Canada Post as in past years. In my particular case, I am never at home when deliveries arrive so will always end up at a post office outlet to pick it up. Had someone not let the Purlator dellivery person into the building to stick the "sorry we missed you" sticker on my mailbox, I would still be wondering where it was.

I did receive prompt attention from the OFSC permits email when double checking my permit and a suggestion to change my email address (yahoo) but everything else was getting to the email address. Also, could not find the "my page" on the OFSC permit buying site, so something obviously needs to be updated. Not the only one with these troubles apparently.

11 hours ago, sledjunk said:

At least you didn't get Purolost.  Missed a package last Thursday and they haven't been able to get it to THEIR 'local' dropoff for a week!

I feel your pain. But for a lucky circumstance above, mine might have circled the drain for a while also.

I tried to order my permit yesterday, and again this morning at 7.54 a.m., but I couldn,t get passed the area that has you acknowledge the 4 different things by putting a checkmark in each box. The program just stalls there, and does not bring me to the next, next. Anyone else having this problem ?

2 hours ago, FROSTYNUTZ said:

I tried to order my permit yesterday, and again this morning at 7.54 a.m., but I couldn,t get passed the area that has you acknowledge the 4 different things by putting a checkmark in each box. The program just stalls there, and does not bring me to the next, next. Anyone else having this problem ?

You have to scroll down to the next checkbox and then at the end there is a finally an accept or some such thing.

Heard at our club meeting on Thurs'that 6,700 permits were sold in the 1st week.

16 hours ago, FROSTYNUTZ said:

I tried that, but it won,t let me scroll down any farther ???????

Using the 'view'  tab on your browser, select zoom out several times when you get to the part with the documents- you should see the check box and 'next' button or whatever it is.

12 hours ago, slomo said:

Using the 'view'  tab on your browser, select zoom out several times when you get to the part with the documents- you should see the check box and 'next' button or whatever it is.

thanks i had the same problem,ended up using my phone lol

On 10/13/2019 at 6:07 AM, slomo said:

The only computer device I ,ve got is a laptop, and I don,t think it has that zoom feature. LOL

Why cann,t they keep it simple, and set it up like all the other screens ? I,m sure I,m not the only one that is having this problem.

If there isn,t another way, I,ll call the OFSC on Tuesday.

On 10/12/2019 at 1:24 PM, FROSTYNUTZ said:

I tried that, but it won,t let me scroll down any farther ???????

Try with Chrome or Firefox, ie do not use Internet (Destroyer) Explorer.

I had the same issue.

Try right clicking on the page.  Where it says inspect click on that look at that page it should show something you missed.

I missed put o dollar amount for shipping on the previous step

Frustrating i know but it worked.

I just got off the phone with a nice helpful lady from the OFSC. I wasn,t able to scroll down far enough on my laptop to get to the last  NEXT prompt I needed to get to the payment portion. She advised me to use the Tab key, which got allowed me to scroll down far enough to get to the last NEXT prompt I needed. Pretty easy when you know how. LOL Thanks to evreyone that offered suggestions. Great site.

Edited by FROSTYNUTZ
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

haven't got mine yet. and it says log in to your online permit page and cant find that anywhere on the OFSC site.

Same but a permit has been assigned to my sled so I guess it's coming

29 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

haven't got mine yet. and it says log in to your online permit page and cant find that anywhere on the OFSC site.

lol. just got email it was shipped...………………………………...

On their way.

2 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

received an email today that my permit has been sent out

16 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

lol. just got email it was shipped...………………………………...

Just got the same email for each of my two permits.  At AGM, they were touting that the new fulfillment house would be able to process things much quicker.  My permits were both ordered October 1, yet it took two weeks to get sent out.  If they are two weeks behind off the bat, when do they get caught up????  In February?

22 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Just got the same email for each of my two permits.  At AGM, they were touting that the new fulfillment house would be able to process things much quicker.  My permits were both ordered October 1, yet it took two weeks to get sent out.  If they are two weeks behind off the bat, when do they get caught up????  In February?

I think it is slower than last year.  I ordered mine on the 2nd of October

I think they just waited and bulk shipped a bunch when they had a couple of weeks worth of them to ship.  Got the same e-mail this morning.  

21 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

its no big deal if mine get here within 5 days im fine.

True!  It's not like I need it or am ready for it.  But I did have higher expectations after AGM.  Silly me!

Received mine by regular mail this morning. 14 days after order. Works for me. Permit # is 1781, I wonder what # they started at?

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER