Hmmm, any relation I wonder ??

soupkids

1 hour ago, Poo Man said:

Is this a volunteer position?

Yes, along with the President, 1st VP, 2nd VP. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Big Pete said:

Yes, along with the President, 1st VP, 2nd VP. 

Well then good on him for being willing to commit to the positionB)

I know Neil personally.   He is the President of a big automation company in the KW area.    He will keep an eye on the money thats for sure.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Where in the KW area.

9 minutes ago, gobills said:

I believe he is  CEO at Powerhouse Controls in Stratford

22 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Yes sir he is..

And he was the Treasurer for District 9 according to a Facebook post.

Power House Controls used to be D&D Automation.  I worked with some of their guys on robot projects many years ago.

5 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Relation to who?. Slomos best friend, the Intrepid Snowmobiler, reporting on sledding in Quebec, Michigan and The Maritimes ALOT, and fack all about Ontario who was involved with the ofsc.  Is that what your implying???:rotflmao::rotflmao:

Yup

I think Excom has a chosen a good man for the job. I don't know Neil personally, but I do know some volunteers who are working with him.

If he is as passionate and dedicated for the greater good of Ontario snowmobiling as the rest of the Executive committee,  the OFSC is in a very good shape. 

Thank you for volunteering for a sometimes a thankless and often scrutinized position....

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

Power House Controls used to be D&D Automation.  I worked with some of their guys on robot projects many years ago.

D & D is now Eclipse Automation.

http://www.eclipseautomation.com/eclipse-automation-acquires-dd-automation-to-grow-epcm-controls-engineering/

Edited by Dave K

50 minutes ago, Dave K said:

D & D is now Eclipse Automation. 

You are correct sir.  I knew it changed to something last time I was past it.

Hopefully the OFSC can enter a period of stability. The last couple of years seemed to see a lot of staff turnover. Unfortunately one resulted from an exec's death.

I think to see staff stability you have to have people dedicated to the sport not just a job.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, soupkids said:

I think to see staff stability you have to have people dedicated to the sport not just a job.

It may have worked like that more than a decade ago but for the most part not these days.  It seems to me that for many reasons, there is little "staff stability" anymore in any industry and especially the service industry.  There are still a few dedicated employees to be found but they are few and far between. Most of them are overworked and or burning out because customers gravitate to them, knowing they will get what they need and employers overload dedicated employees knowing they will do what is asked of them. JMHO.

36 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

It may have worked like that more than a decade ago but for the most part not these days.  It seems to me that for many reasons, there is little "staff stability" anymore in any industry and especially the service industry.  There are still a few dedicated employees to be found but they are few and far between. Most of them are overworked and or burning out because customers gravitate to them, knowing they will get what they need and employers overload dedicated employees knowing they will do what is asked of them. JMHO.

There are positions that probably do not require an innate knowledge of the sport. However when it cones to the nuts & bolts of the sport, it would probably help to know what the clubs & district do over the span of a season.

13 hours ago, revrnd said:

There are positions that probably do not require an innate knowledge of the sport. However when it cones to the nuts & bolts of the sport, it would probably help to know what the clubs & district do over the span of a season.

Sorry, when I commented I thought Soup was referring to his recent experience at Royal Distributing.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, revrnd said:

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Sorry, when I commented I thought Soup was referring to his recent experience at Royal Distributing.

I'm referring to positions at the OFSC.

You have to like what you do in order to succeed at any job, if you hate it and are there just for a paycheck, well ....

• Like 1