Lightening Avalanche Dealers Near Barrie

dirtybeacher

Their dealer locater only shows Brechin and King City as retailers, but every now and then a dealer ad pops up on kijiji that isn’t listed.  I’m in the market for a new hybrid enclosed 5x12. 

Anyone know of a dealer near Barrie?  

Are these hybrids any good?

thanks

As for quaility, imo you get what you pay for. Ive seen a few of them on the road.   If your not all too worried about price,  id be buying a Triton TC-167. I had one several years ago for 3 seasons. Several Oc members have them also. Great trailer. Tows awesome, and holds value EXTREMELY well. But it all depends on budget and what you want?. Quality,  price?. How many miles of towing etc etc..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

As for quaility, imo you get what you pay for. Ive seen a few of them on the road.   If your not all too worried about price,  id be buying a Triton TC-167. I had one several years ago for 3 seasons. Several Oc members have them also. Great trailer. Tows awesome, and holds value EXTREMELY well. But it all depends on budget and what you want?. Quality,  price?. How many miles of towing etc etc..

Thanks. I followed the trailer thread from last year, and the tc167 sounds like the winner.  I should rethink the size, but the longer trailers pose indoor storage issues for my situation.  

24 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

Thanks. I followed the trailer thread from last year, and the tc167 sounds like the winner.  I should rethink the size, but the longer trailers pose indoor storage issues for my situation.  

You won’t regret it. We love ours.

• Like 1

Money saved on the Bullit trailer and included equipment pays for my entire sled season this year and I plan to get around quite a bit. No difference between this model and the Triton offering in quality. Personally, never consider or give a damn what the trade in value will be - acquire for my own use and specs. In the case a subsequent owner does not recognize the genius of my various improvements to an implement, they don't deserve to have  it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slomo said:

In the case a subsequent owner does not recognize the genius of my various improvements to an implement, they don't deserve to have  it.

Amen.

I know northern rv up here sells them

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

bought my single Avalanche from these guys in 2018 for $3200 plus tax....bit of a drive but saved me close to $1k...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cargo-utility-trailer/ottawa/2020-mission-12-crossover-snowmobile-trailer/1461639437?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

1 hour ago, johnsazzr said:

bought my single Avalanche from these guys in 2018 for $3200 plus tax....bit of a drive but saved me close to $1k...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cargo-utility-trailer/ottawa/2020-mission-12-crossover-snowmobile-trailer/1461639437?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

He definitely has the best price in Ontario.  I wanted to avoid that drive, but 1000$ is worth it.  You beat him down to 3200?  Good to know.  Thanks. 

48 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

He definitely has the best price in Ontario.  I wanted to avoid that drive, but 1000$ is worth it.  You beat him down to 3200?  Good to know.  Thanks. 

listed price was $3250 18 mths ago..prices have risen due mainly to the dollar ... not sure if aluminum prices are up...any impact from aluminum tariffs should be gone..3999 still decent..

• Thanks 1

Bought my used 2017 Mission 12' trailer this spring from them as well. Best price around. Worth the drive for me. Seemed like a good guy.

FWIW, he did say the Mission is a better built trailer than the Lightening/Avalanche ones.

• Thanks 1