R.A.N. Tour

Fergie

Looking for some help to plan a snow tour for a dozen people including our spouses.  The wife's are all riding their own machines.  Last year we did the North Shore Loop, which worked out well.  The plan is to trailer somewhere Thursday after work, ride all day Friday and Saturday.  Have a short ride Sunday and be on our way home by noonish.

I'm thinking about doing the RAN tour this year.  Since we will have the wife's with us I'll be trying to find accommodations that may be a little nicer than we are typically accustomed to.  Can anyone who has done the tour recommend an itinerary - starting point, lunch, fuel and accommodations?

Many thanks,

Fergie

- Are those distances workable for all riders in the group?

-Are all riders OK with riding some lakes or do you need to stick to land trails as much as possible?

-How many trucks/trailers do you need parking during the trip for? This could have an effect on finding a starting location due to parking limitations at some resorts.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

Thanks for the reply. 

We are looking at doing the RAN (Ride Around Nipissing) tour, not the RAP tour.

We are all good with riding lakes and will likely have 4 trucks and trailers.

We are not looking at the RAP tour as I think the days may be too long for some of the riders given we are trying to do it in 2 1/2 days.

There are decent hotels in Sturgeon Falls and not that hard to get to BUT getting gas in Sturgeon is a scratch fest.

2 hours ago, Fergie said:

Thanks for the reply. 

We are looking at doing the RAN (Ride Around Nipissing) tour, not the RAP tour.

We are all good with riding lakes and will likely have 4 trucks and trailers.

We are not looking at the RAP tour as I think the days may be too long for some of the riders given we are trying to do it in 2 1/2 days.

Sorry, my mistake.

Our trip starting from Apsley in 2014:

Day 1 Apsley to Huntsville via Minden & Baysville (stayed @ Comfort Inn)

Day 2 Huntsville to Port Loring (stayed @ Wright Point, now closed) Motel behind Roxies Diner would be a good idea now.

Day 3 Port Loring to Sturgeon Falls via French River & St Charles (stayed @ Comfort Inn on west side of town.) Ordered in pizza. Yes gas access is a PITA.

Day 4 Sturgeon Falls to Sand Lake via Tomiko, Tilden & Trout lakes thru Astorville (stayed @ Edgewater Lodge)

Day 5 Sand Lake to Apsley via Oxtongue Lake, Big Hawk Lake, Canarvon, Hali' & Gooderham

Obviously you can shorten the trip by starting closer to the loop.