B trail washout

Muskoka Man

Massive washout on B trail west of hwy 35  on pine springs Rd .it's were baysville club stops and turns around to come back home .the pic doesn't show its real size .can't see this being filled by winter as it's been like this since spring floods 

We took this pic today out on the bikes 

IMG_20190908_142732.jpg

IMG_20190908_142232.jpg

IMG_20190908_142222.jpg

4 minutes ago, gobills said:

Maybe the club can get a local quarry to donate some fill for the spot.  Thomas!!

Is there any logging in the area this winter? JAC Kernohan was in there 2014 the winter we did the RAN tour.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Is there any logging in the area this winter? JAC Kernohan was in there 2014 the winter we did the RAN tour.

There might be this winter.  There was some major logging going on further west last winter.

• Like 1

I'd have a little faith.  That's fixable in a matter of days with the right equipment.  Look at it from the clubs perspective.  Why fix it early on just to risk having it happen again over the summer when they don't need it fixed should another major storm roll through.  Also OFSC Grant apps just went in last week.  Maybe they were applying for some assistance.  Washouts like this happen more than you'd think across the snow belt.  Not good, but definately something that can be repaired.  Hopefully the club has been notified about it.  Who knows maybe the loggers would fix it as well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, signfan said:

I'd have a little faith.  That's fixable in a matter of days with the right equipment.  Look at it from the clubs perspective.  Why fix it early on just to risk having it happen again over the summer when they don't need it fixed should another major storm roll through.  Also OFSC Grant apps just went in last week.  Maybe they were applying for some assistance.  Washouts like this happen more than you'd think across the snow belt.  Not good, but definately something that can be repaired.  Hopefully the club has been notified about it.  Who knows maybe the loggers would fix it as well.

In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy a few years ago I had to cut my thru a bunch of downed trees across the trail south of Chandos to get to a friend's hunting camp. You could see where the Stoney Lake club had recently done some bulldozing work. A few miles to the west we only had 2 small dead pine trees toppled during the storm. 

6 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Brent Quarries is a great place to deal with for getting that filled.  I do believe they have helped out before with trail matters

He is a dick, we have had trouble with him on the wolf loop in the past.

He has a camp on the lake and figures he pen the whole area.

14 hours ago, soupkids said:

He is a dick, we have had trouble with him on the wolf loop in the past.

He has a camp on the lake and figures he pen the whole area.

Really eh.  That's too bad.  Knock on wood, we haven't had any problems with him.

it is the MNR that has closed this off ,im assuming a person would have to deal with them on this and we know what that means ,the loggers are all over the areas there widening the sides now in prep for winter haul i would think ,if this hole is not filled by winter it will be a big hole in the loops there ,if they do fill it soon i will stay off of it with my quad so it doesnt get ruined again

18 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

it is the MNR that has closed this off ,im assuming a person would have to deal with them on this and we know what that means ,the loggers are all over the areas there widening the sides now in prep for winter haul i would think ,if this hole is not filled by winter it will be a big hole in the loops there ,if they do fill it soon i will stay off of it with my quad so it doesnt get ruined again

Riding over a properly filled wash on your ATV will not damage the trail in the slightest way.  

• Like 1

I realize my bike will not ruin the fill in but some posters here seem to think so ,but nothing new there as some think atvs are worse than a nuke spill ,another debate for another day and yes  Brent is high on himself and exspensive 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muskoka Man said:

I realize my bike will not ruin the fill in but some posters here seem to think so ,but nothing new there as some think atvs are worse than a nuke spill ,another debate for another day and yes  Brent is high on himself and exspensive 

I'm sure there are a couple of contractors along 35 between Canarvon and Dwight that the clubs could contact. I'm thinking Port Carling is a bit away regardless of your thoughts on the business.

• Like 1

Yes trucking fill and the machines from port Carling would be crazy although it seems clubs in the area use him for bridge installs,backfill around them ,he did the bridge on D trail just south of port Sydney 

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

I'm sure there are a couple of contractors along 35 between Canarvon and Dwight that the clubs could contact. I'm thinking Port Carling is a bit away regardless of your thoughts on the business.

Is there still a contractor along the highway where the groomer sat across from Spring Lake Resort (25 years ago we would pass it on the way to the Boiler room LOL). 

4 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Is there still a contractor along the highway where the groomer sat across from Spring Lake Resort (25 years ago we would pass it on the way to the Boiler room LOL). 

There is a pit south of Dwight (west side of 35). I think the name is 3 letters.

I think Thomas is the contractor in Canarvon.

Looks a bit more involved than just filling it, likely MNR and township permits, and possibly a new culvert along with shoring on both sides. I would imagine both clubs and the landowners needing the road allowance for access have been working on it since it happened in the spring. Hopefully it gets repaired soon. 

69835759_2449376028685528_7522058881577517056_n.jpg.563eaf36ac1f8f010f50835288b15c77.jpg

69813309_507047036696125_5103983566555971584_n.jpg.276042a5168ad9505aaa96e635d614a7.jpg

Edited by Nutter

15 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

Yes trucking fill and the machines from port Carling would be crazy although it seems clubs in the area use him for bridge installs,backfill around them ,he did the bridge on D trail just south of port Sydney 

One of the guys that works for Brents is involved with the Baysville club.  I think that's why they use him