Halfway haven update

Turbo Doo

Thanks for the update, group. Appreciate it.

• Like 1

This should please the folks complaining on DooTalk about the place not being Michelin-worthy...

We stayed @ the Two Bridges (now the Advantage) in Kap' back in 2000, DEFINITELY wasn't Michelin-worthy.

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

This should please the folks complaining on DooTalk about the place not being Michelin-worthy...

We stayed @ the Two Bridges (now the Advantage) in Kap' back in 2000, DEFINITELY wasn't Michelin-worthy.

They should just quit whining and ride on. After all, nobody is forcing them to stay there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

They should just quit whining and ride on. After all, nobody is forcing them to stay there.

Or eat or buy fuel...

• Like 1

Thanks goodness Halfway Haven is there. It brings sleds in from all around, etc.

Preaching to the converted on this forum (most like the place). 

Enjoyed my visits with Sean.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

Thanks goodness Halfway Haven is there. It brings sleds in from all around, etc.

Preaching to the converted on this forum (most like the place). 

Enjoyed my visits with Sean.

X2

W/o the business sledding between Chapleau, the Soo & Wawa would entail hauling your own gas.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Polaris1 said:

Sean was an awesome advocate for that stretch of trail.Hopefully whoever takes his place is as passionate as he was,but I doubt it.

Glad they put some money and time in it,it was badly needed.

Was Sean just the 'operator', not the owner?

11 hours ago, Polaris1 said:

Sean was an awesome advocate for that stretch of trail.Hopefully whoever takes his place is as passionate as he was,but I doubt it.

Glad they put some money and time in it,it was badly needed.

I hope so also 

I would think if you want to make money, you had better be an advocate for the trail...Best of luck to all involved...

Edited by IQ TURBO

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

Was Sean just the 'operator', not the owner?

I could be wrong,but when talking to him I believe he had a piece of the pie there. There seems to be a huge amount of politics in place in all things that have to do with northern Ontario snowmobiling,sadly.

12 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

I hope so also 

I would think if you want to make money, you had better be an advocate for the trail...Best of luck to all involved...

I don't even think he cared if the place made money.He just wanted to keep it open so the big loop was doable. Just the kind of guy he is. A more genuine guy you would be hard pressed to find. I hope whatever situation he is in now works out well for him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Polaris1 said:

I don't even think he cared if the place made money.He just wanted to keep it open so the big loop was doable. Just the kind of guy he is. A more genuine guy you would be hard pressed to find. I hope whatever situation he is in now works out well for him.

I know Sean did not, but i was referring to the people going to be running it now..

I guess no more heart attack grilled cheese sandwiches, with almost half inch of cheese.  Hope the new people can cook as well as Sean can.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

I guess no more heart attack grilled cheese sandwiches, with almost half inch of cheese.  Hope the new people can cook as well as Sean can.

We all survived lunch that day, so that's good enough for me.