donuts - pembroke

slomo

Having completed an appointment in Petawawa today, continued on to pick up a few donuts from McGuire's in Pembroke as featured in this CBC news story:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/doughnuts-pembroke-musician-mcguires-doughnuts-1.5239150

A recipe is included in the news story.

As the Ontario trail map continues to be hidden, I can't tell if it is near a trail or not, but those staying at the Holiday Inn at the junction of 17 and 41 just have to continue up the street (by wheeled vehicle) to down town - not too far.

566702227_mcguiresdonuts.jpg.e462b562296b4f1aff6f73d3a8411650.jpg

Good thing I took the truck....1172812953_donut01.thumb.JPG.1dea34c346ce7fe937e952fbaf346c0c.JPG

939696053_donut02.thumb.JPG.70b1d446d9d5fe7b27e144781f370258.JPG

As my research continues over the next few days, I'll report on some of the favourites. The blue icing tastes pretty good.

529547853_donut03.thumb.JPG.676b0372b845f8238a537ccc29ef75af.JPG

And PREPARE YOUR FOOD FOR SNOWMOBILING WEEK is coming up - was hoping to incorporate this into a tax receipt issuing entity, but unfortunately all the good ribbon colours have already been claimed and taken up.

• Like 2

Ahh, I remember real doughnuts. 

Ottawa had a killer establishment at the corner of Carling and Woodroffe. 

Mr Donut. 

You could see the whole bakery in back, took up 1/2 the place, through a glass wall. It was worth a visit just for the smell.

They had actual coffee too.

Now we're expected settle for crappy frozen stuff baked in Toronto and defrosted.

Will definitely stop in my next trip through.

Edited by manotickmike

12 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Now we're expected settle for crappy frozen stuff baked in Toronto and defrosted.

I think they are baked in Brantford at Aritza  (old Maidstone).

Edited by Big Pussy

20 hours ago, Poo Man said:

I'm getting diabetes just from looking at It! Those sour cream looking ones are making my mouth water:drool2:

For myself, had to remove the bacon pieces and the pretzels on certain donuts as they are high in salt. You can't be too careful when it comes to your health.

• Haha 1