No 2020 TOP Trail Guide

revrnd

According to info brought back from the monthly district meeting, the OFSC won't be producing a fold out trail guide showing the TOP trails this season. Money saved is supposed to be directed to the website.

I'm guessing the advertising revenues didn't cover the costs?

I wonder what those of us that don't have/use GPS or any other electronic gadget, are supposed to use?

27 minutes ago, signfan said:

District maps.  They will still be printed.  This isn't the end of the world.  Sign of the times.

Totally agree. I always found the District maps gave much better detail and more info. than the OFSC map. We haven't taken the OFSC map with us on our northern jaunts for many years.

Yes I shouldve mentioned that the district maps will still be produced.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bigfish said:

I wonder what those of us that don't have/use GPS or any other electronic gadget, are supposed to use?

a 2019 map would be close enough .... :D 

• Like 1

I personally have never used a Provincial tops trail guide while touring. Not enough detail for me,although they do make a good read on the john or hanging up on the wall of the garage. 

District maps have more detail when it comes to club trails and local advertisers. The demographic is changing when it comes to technology, times are changing. I think its the right move for the OFSC to discontinue and forward the resources elsewhere.

Edited by Yukon Cornelious
  • Like 4

Probably the only time I ever used it was when scoping out 'days' in northern Ontario.

1 hour ago, snowchopper said:

Maybe i'am wrong but if the Top trail map goes it probably won't be long before the district maps go.Then i'll be screwed lol...

I don't see the district maps or the local club maps going away as it is a source of revenue for the local clubs.

• 3 weeks later...

It was a good resource for long-distance trip planning ( IMO ). From the study Nunz posted earlier, our " demographic " slants to " mature" ( with the exception of STG ). District guides ( and local club maps ) should be with us for a while.