10' Toy Carrier

signfan

Can't speak specifically about the 600 Grand Touring, but my 10' 6" Venture TF fits into my 10' Triton Clamshell.............................................................................just!

You may have to do a little adjusting  to get the ski tips into the nose.

Edited by Bigfish

I sold my toy carrier same time then  I sold my 2003 grand touring fishing sled it was fit perfectly, as now I have 2017 grand touring 1200se and 2017 renegade 600ace and its doesn't fit, that what I see, but I was surprised a guy who bought it from me put 2018 renegade 850 e-tec with 137 track in it. It was very tight, touching windshield and rear bumper, but it's fit I saw it. So it's up to you. I prefer to have some room inside.

Edited by andreyboater

I don't think it will fit.  The windshield will hit the slope part and the door won't close.  I put an XF7000 137 in mine but that is it.  I even put water pipe noodle over the back bumper so it don't rub.  There is no nose to put the skis into.

You can always cut a square hole in the rear door where the bumper hits, and then make an aluminum box to rivet on to cover it.  Since the door opens out, it will clear the bumper when opening.  Or you can spend $5,000 + on a new trailer.

3 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

Or you can spend $5,000 + on a new trailer.

Looks like the show price from last year is back on the Bullit hybrid - $7, 691.00

https://actiontrailers.ca/shop/build-a-trailer/snowmobile-motorcycle/inline-hybrid/sled-shed-aluminum-pro-starr-bullet-series-rear-ramp-door-7-wide-inline-hybrid-snowmobile/

Get it early and have time to make it your own before the season begins. Check the list of features for the price. Course if you have triton tattooed down the side of your d*ck....pay more for less.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, slomo said:

Looks like the show price from last year is back on the Bullit hybrid - $7, 691.00

https://actiontrailers.ca/shop/build-a-trailer/snowmobile-motorcycle/inline-hybrid/sled-shed-aluminum-pro-starr-bullet-series-rear-ramp-door-7-wide-inline-hybrid-snowmobile/

Get it early and have time to make it your own before the season begins. Check the list of features for the price. Course if you have triton tattooed down the side of your d*ck....pay more for less.

I might agree with Slomo in terms of original purchase price however if you are changing trailers every few years, I believe Triton's reputation would hold its value much better. That may change in the future.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 6:31 PM, slomo said:

I was just looking at this trailer. Do you have one. Would you recommend this trailer. Do the inline hybrids tow better than the two wide hybrid. Visibility must be better. Is Triton the only other company that manufactures these. Can't find any others. Thanks for any info.

6 hours ago, thetorches said:

I was just looking at this trailer. Do you have one. Would you recommend this trailer. Do the inline hybrids tow better than the two wide hybrid. Visibility must be better. Is Triton the only other company that manufactures these. Can't find any others. Thanks for any info.

Both Blake and I have one - he is enthusiastic about its towing capabilities in terms of aerodynamics - more from him hopefully. The Bullit is a newcomer to this particular market niche and my research prior to purchase did not find any other model. Like most things you acquire, it needed a few adjustments and improvements, but nothing major - I am a bit OCD when it comes to adjusting something now or fixing it at the side of the road at -30 celsius. One danger I did not mention was, when working on your sled inside of the trailer always wear head protection - it hurts when a thin scalp contacts a hot roof.

I did a review of the trailer here - both good and bad points, unlike some who get them for free and won't give an honest appraisal -

Having been both my full weight on top of it waxing the roof without any flexing and under it having a look at welds and structure, I am pretty impressed with the construction. Some internet research has easily sourced out any spare parts - bearings, hubs, and the like (Lippert a well known brand name, much like Dexter)

With the extra door and the various tracks and tie downs included good monetary deal as well. The new model advertised has an extra gas charged spring for the front door when previously there was only one. Mine works fine with the single one. ms. slomo and I can easily wheel the thing around the driveway by hand with a machine inside, haven't loaded the second one yet but expect good balance over length to be the same.

Brand names? If it helps you sleep at night I guess. I cringe when reading someone making blanket statements about the quality of something without pointing to any comparisons or research to back gaseous claims.

Anyway, my interior lights are installed, bearing adjustments up to spec and ready for winter. Might build in a spare tire holder on the rear fold down door if I can ascertain the framework will support a bracket and the wheel weight.

thetorches - drop over to North Land trailers in Port Perry, have a look at the Triton model. I'm in the Parry Sound area on weekends after end of August if you want to have a look at mine.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, signfan said:

This thread has officially been hi-jacked!!!

Sorry bud, thought you had your answer already and put some new info I found up there. Not sure what Big Fish was thinking when suggesting a large square hole at the back (kitchen renovations no doubt - must have had second thoughts as it has disappeared ) I would have suggested two smaller ski holes cut out in the front.

I believe it was Big Pussy that recommended the square hole.

Easy mistake to make, but research of the animal kingdom will point out the differences between a Big Pussy and a Bigfish!:D

Edited by Bigfish
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Bigfish said:

I believe that was Big Pussy that recommended the square hole.

Easy mistake to make, but research of the animal kingdom will point out the differences between a Big Pussy and a Bigfish!:D

I stand corrected - must have been swept away by the majesty of your home renovations and not enough coffee yet this am.

I did it to protect Canadian jobs.

Edited by slomo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, slomo said:

Both Blake and I have one - he is enthusiastic about its towing capabilities in terms of aerodynamics - more from him hopefully. The Bullit is a newcomer to this particular market niche and my research prior to purchase did not find any other model. Like most things you acquire, it needed a few adjustments and improvements, but nothing major - I am a bit OCD when it comes to adjusting something now or fixing it at the side of the road at -30 celsius. One danger I did not mention was, when working on your sled inside of the trailer always wear head protection - it hurts when a thin scalp contacts a hot roof.

I did a review of the trailer here - both good and bad points, unlike some who get them for free and won't give an honest appraisal -

Having been both my full weight on top of it waxing the roof without any flexing and under it having a look at welds and structure, I am pretty impressed with the construction. Some internet research has easily sourced out any spare parts - bearings, hubs, and the like (Lippert a well known brand name, much like Dexter)

With the extra door and the various tracks and tie downs included good monetary deal as well. The new model advertised has an extra gas charged spring for the front door when previously there was only one. Mine works fine with the single one. ms. slomo and I can easily wheel the thing around the driveway by hand with a machine inside, haven't loaded the second one yet but expect good balance over length to be the same.

Brand names? If it helps you sleep at night I guess. I cringe when reading someone making blanket statements about the quality of something without pointing to any comparisons or research to back gaseous claims.

Anyway, my interior lights are installed, bearing adjustments up to spec and ready for winter. Might build in a spare tire holder on the rear fold down door if I can ascertain the framework will support a bracket and the wheel weight.

thetorches - drop over to North Land trailers in Port Perry, have a look at the Triton model. I'm in the Parry Sound area on weekends after end of August if you want to have a look at mine.

Thanks for the info slomo. Have to decide whether I want to spend the extra $2000. for the inline hybrid, or go with the two wide hybrid.

15 hours ago, slomo said:

I would have suggested two smaller ski holes cut out in the front.

Slomo,

Ski holes won't work because the windshield will already be against the slope, especially if it is a high windshield.  The fix I suggested is a cheap way to to get the 3 or 4" required to close the rear hatch over the rear bumper.  Although it may be a hack job in your eyes, it can eliminate the need to spend big money on a new trailer, especially since the Toy Carrier has been out of production for 10 years and its resale value is probably low.  We don't all have an endless money supply for this short season sport.

7 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

Slomo,

Ski holes won't work because the windshield will already be against the slope, especially if it is a high windshield.  The fix I suggested is a cheap way to to get the 3 or 4" required to close the rear hatch over the rear bumper.  Although it may be a hack job in your eyes, it can eliminate the need to spend big money on a new trailer, especially since the Toy Carrier has been out of production for 10 years and its resale value is probably low.  We don't all have an endless money supply for this short season sport.

Absolutely correct on all points. I was picturing a different type trailer while reading your post - would not be too difficult to cover the cut with fiberglass fabrication, vinyl sheet or even a flap of rubber with tie downs or fasteners.

On 8/17/2019 at 10:59 PM, Big Pussy said:

Slomo,

Thanks for the suggestion.  This is a great idea.  Although I agree a little crude it would serve the purpose.  Not something I'd want on my rig that makes numerous trips across Ontario and Quebec each winter, but this is for my father in law who is just getting back into the sport.  He's looking for a used enclosed trailer and spending $1500 will be a stretch.  He's only going to ride from the cottage an hour from home a cpl weekends a year.  I figured these older toy carriers are a cheap option that still get him into an enclosed trailer instead of an open trailer.  Will the backrest on the grand touring fit ok as well in the toy carrier height wise?

I bought my Toy Carrier new in 2006.  I have made some wiring mods and changed the floor slides to a low profile type from Princess Auto in order to lower the windshield hitting the slope with my new XF7000.  This trailer is one of the better ones for a rider forward sled since the slope is fairly steep.  My XF7000 is 125" long overall.  This should help with fitting the touring sled.  My sled back bumper is almost touching the back door.  I don't have any pictures with the XF in the trailer but here are some with my 121" T-Cat and my old 136" Wildcat Touring.

If the back reset will pivot forward, then there my be less interference with the hatch.  Check the trailer out carefully for broken weds in the axle brackets and missing insulators between the axle brackets and the aluminum frame.  This will eat the frame rails through.IMG_2486.thumb.JPG.9ab966dd14f9d999a11ecca15dfa5e76.JPG

IMG_2490.thumb.JPG.ac20d930b7963e4ea856b7151db5a1ee.JPGIMG_2496.thumb.JPG.ce396b9c1ab045bbc8016657532d2212.JPGIMG_2495.thumb.JPG.f383ea24bb9b6b6c4edd49d623a3c21a.JPG

• Like 1

Found some pictures with the XF7000 in the trailer.

IMG_4261.thumb.JPG.39c1a332ae8ab1c9e407676e9d0a7c15.JPGIMG_4263.thumb.JPG.53adafbc12ca6583970fa6e07828e4ef.JPGIMG_4269.thumb.JPG.d6781dff02bddeb50671e971bd924e28.JPGIMG_4270.thumb.JPG.25d4b5aa7937414c0ea9bc7e20f3633b.JPGIMG_4272.thumb.JPG.afb6e5d2245cd5b90fe883ac4c34fef4.JPG

• Like 1

My SRViper 137 with the medium windshield fits no problem in my 10ft Toy Carrier. Also had my old Venture 700 2 Up 141 track in there too. It was tight but it fit. My trailer also came with 2 moulded bump outs on the rear cover to accommodate sleds with an extended tunnel. I have seen a few Toy Carriers in my travels but never one with the bump outs. I will see if I have pictures to post. 

Your SR Viper 137 is identical to the Green sled in the pictures above.  Same length, same engine, same assembly line.