2019 Toronto Sled Show..

Turbo Doo

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Back from a great afternoon at the show with my good friend and riding buddy. I had the privilege of meeting Revrnd and Nunz for the first time. Talked to KCC and mate at the District 6 booth.  Got stocked up on new maps and talked to IQ's friends from  Elk Lake Wilderness Resort.  The only thing I didn't find was my next sled. 

Wasn't me (must've been Reved)! I'm not there till tomorrow LOL

23 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Wasn't me (must've been Reved)! I'm not there till tomorrow LOL

Sorry about that Revrnd.  I should have turned the hearing aids up I guess. Although you Doo guys all look alike LOL.

• Haha 4

Great seeing a bunch of you guys today and even more tomorrow, I’ll be at the Gravenhurst booth all day from open till close. Please stop in and say hi. 

For those who want something a bit different and perhaps have a partner or spouse who has expressed a desire to see Montreal, the show there is on November 15 - 17, take VIA rail right downtown, and several hotels with decent prices are within walking distance to the venue.

• Like 1

Just got to the show. Off to pick up my badge.

5 hours ago, slomo said:

For those who want something a bit different and perhaps have a partner or spouse who has expressed a desire to see Montreal, the show there is on November 15 - 17, take VIA rail right downtown, and several hotels with decent prices are within walking distance to the venue.

& great ballet to boot!

• Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:13 AM, revrnd said:

Not sure if those of you w/ a SO would have an enjoyable evening if you suggested Hooters.

I had to look up Arizona. I recall it now & that the Landing Strip is adjacent. McFarlane Nameplate is next to the strip joint they do anodizing of alum' parts.

Back in the 90s after returning from Calgary @ 8 AM, the Park & Fly driver gave us the 'grand tour' of the adult entertainment establishments. Rather than drive down Airport & Dixon to get to the lot, we went some roundabout route which took us past Runway 66 & another 'ballet studio'...

Not impressed with Arizona at all. It's pretty local to us and tried it a couple of times

• Haha 1

So far it's not looking good. I was away all week and got back late last night. I have been head down working on my reports for my customer for the two data centre assessments I did and hope to have one of the reports  complete before I head to another site on Monday. I just may not make it to the show this year for the first time since I've been snowmobiling.

• Sad 1

Great time at the show on friday, it was my brides first snowmobile show & she was able to get some gear she'll need for this season, also met a few riding buddies there, always great to catch up with them !

Met Hurricane Dave who is very approachable & also I may have spent a few $$ at his booth :icon_dance-cpatch:

also met Nunz in the Gravenhurst booth, hopefully will get to ride with him this season

cheers 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

So far it's not looking good. I was away all week and got back late last night. I have been head down working on my reports for my customer for the two data centre assessments I did and hope to have one of the reports  complete before I head to another site on Monday. I just may not make it to the show this year for the first time since I've been snowmobiling.

Maybe it's time to take a trip to Sledarama in November. Well worth the trip to Peterborough, personally I think you would enjoy it...

I have not missed going to the powersports show, at all. Aside from seeing friends, which I already see...

16 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Maybe it's time to take a trip to Sledarama in November. Well worth the trip to Peterborough, personally I think you would enjoy it...

I have not missed going to the powersports show, at all. Aside from seeing friends, which I already see...

I went to Sledarama for the first time a couple of years ago.  After that, I have skipped the Toronto show for the last two years, and, as you said, haven't missed it.  So, now I am looking forward to Novi, next weekend, Heart of Ontario Open House on the 10th, and then Sledarama on the 17th.

• Like 1

Just got home from the show. Enjoyed chatting with Revrnd. Nice chatting with my Doo dealer,  which updated me on that the 2020 Doo is there.8-). Was great seeing Nunz and chatting with him. Very nice seeing Kenny Johnston from PBR riders in Cochrane and chatting with him about this upcoming season.  And was great seeing Evil and her Hubby. Always enjoy chatting and hanging out with you guys.  We will be seeing you guys soon enough for a ride and some disco..:icon_dance-cpatch:..

And most importantly i talked to a select few companies that had booths there, and have narrowed down a company to go with for stuff!...More on that later, when i post pics of the new 2020 Doo. All in all a great day..

Let the season begin..:snow-141::icon_dance-cpatch::drool2::evil2:

• Like 4

On 10/25/2019 at 7:57 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Back from a great afternoon at the show with my good friend and riding buddy. I had the privilege of meeting Revrnd and Nunz for the first time. Talked to KCC and mate at the District 6 booth.  Got stocked up on new maps and talked to IQ's friends from  Elk Lake Wilderness Resort.  The only thing I didn't find was my next sled. 

LOL...PLC, if you are referring to the "other" OCer you met at the Snowcrest booth with Nunz Friday afternoon, that was me. (I've actually been called worse than "Revrnd"...) 

It was nice to meet you and put a face to the screen name

irREV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Just got home from the show. Enjoyed chatting with Revrnd. Nice chatting with my Doo dealer,  which updated me on that the 2020 Doo is there.8-). Was great seeing Nunz and chatting with him. Very nice seeing Kenny Johnston from PBR riders in Cochrane and chatting with him about this upcoming season.  And was great seeing Evil and her Hubby. Always enjoy chatting and hanging out with you guys.  We will be seeing you guys soon enough for a ride and some disco..:icon_dance-cpatch:..

And most importantly i talked to a select few companies that had booths there, and have narrowed down a company to go with for stuff!...More on that later, when i post pics of the new 2020 Doo. All in all a great day..

Nice having a relaxed chat w/ your trio. Got to FINALLY meet Evil and Mr. Evil LOL. 

Chatted w/ Val of Mainway about his a arm bushing kits. That was the only real vendor chat that I had.

Met Mr Claire Voyant & KCC too. Grabbed dinner w/ Nunz & Canuck. They picked up their sled stands along w/ Puggz. Missed chez nous Ski-doo @ his place.

Learned from the Pembroke Holiday Inn rep that there is an entry point to Quebec in that area. B100Q uses an abandoned railway bridge to cross the Ottawa River in the area between Westmeath & Ft Coulonge.

10 hours ago, irREVerent said:

(I've actually been called worse than "Revrnd"...) 

:baghead:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, revrnd said:

Learned from the Pembroke Holiday Inn rep that there is an entry point to Quebec in that area. B100Q uses an abandoned railway bridge to cross the Ottawa River in the area between Westmeath & Ft Coulonge.

It's been open for a couple of years I believe.

Our club (West Carleton Snowmobile Club) is working on another abandoned railway and we are 90 percent complete to get us to the Ottawa River.

The river bridge is our next challenge, hopefully next year. At almost 1600 feet across, it is a large and expensive project. It would cross from Fitzroy Harbour to Quyon in Quebec.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

If I'm not traveling I will likely make the drive... This part time working doesn't always coordinate well with my leisure life.

• Haha 1

Great seeing revrnd, Nunz, Willbill during a 5-7 pm walk-thru. Map quest, as usual. Somewhat surprised that Arctic Cat isn't selling a 2020 '7000' (Viper equivalent). Wondered what improvements have been made since 2013 (Viper..never buy a first year sled lol). 

Dinner with revrnd and Nunz was a 2 hour chat about sledding.

Zet's was the usual - fresh, hearty portions. Enjoyed the souvlaki.

Still looking for a longer jacket...tek vest seems to push up back of current jacket. 

• Like 3

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the past but I'm not sure if there has been any real bargains @ the 'doo clothing 'corral' near the entrance. Looking @ the pricing I'm thinking it's just no tax. I'm sure the clothing was non-current but definitely no discounts...

On 10/26/2019 at 3:40 PM, 02Sled said:

Time to hire or find a partner.

19 hours ago, revrnd said:

Nice having a relaxed chat w/ your trio. Got to FINALLY meet Evil and Mr. Evil LOL. 

Chatted w/ Val of Mainway about his a arm bushing kits. That was the only real vendor chat that I had.

Met Mr Claire Voyant & KCC too. Grabbed dinner w/ Nunz & Canuck. They picked up their sled stands along w/ Puggz. Missed chez nous Ski-doo @ his place.

We had a look at the bridge when we were in the area last year.

IMG_7686.JPG

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2019 at 11:59 PM, Nunz said:

Great seeing a bunch of you guys today and even more tomorrow, I’ll be at the Gravenhurst booth all day from open till close. Please stop in and say hi. 

Nice to put a face to the name. Thanks for the quick chat Saturday and for all you do for the snowmobile club. Happy Trails.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:43 PM, IQ TURBO said:

Great to see you, Kim and Frank.  We will definitely be seeing you guys on the trails soon enough!  Thanks for sharing the info for the new sled I'm sure you gave Mr. Evil something to think about!  LOL 

• Like 2

Thanks for everyone that stopped by this weekend and visited this weekend, it was amazing to put faces to many of you from the forum and through FB, Thanks to Canuck and Kris for joining me for dinner Saturday night, Got home last night and my voice is raw from talking so much all weekend, next up is getting my sled in the garage and doing some work parties to help get our trails ready.

Again thanks everyone.

Nunz

• Like 3