Light duty manual dump trailer suggestions....

Blake G

I'm considering buying a light duty manual dump trailer, for transporting construction debris, leaves, topsoil, etc. Towable with an SUV. Maybe use the trailer a dozen times a year.

Any opinions on something like this.....which could also possibly be used to haul a single sled upon occasion....

$3,500

Please view this ad: 5x10 Manual Dump Trailer, https://www.kijiji.ca/v-atv-parts-trailer-accessories/ontario/5x10-manual-dump-trailer/c5773528?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android 

Edited by Blake G

Looks like a nice trailer and a fairly good deal, Blake.

Only problem I can see is that you are too far away for me to borrow it.:D

• Haha 1

I have a 5 by 10 utility trailer from the same company - it is not a dump model though. The trailers are as advertised but for sure not as good quality as a brand name like miska or Weberlane, etc. For example the axel is too far forward thus tongue weight sometimes is too light but as long as you load front heavy it’s fine. The wiring is also mediocre.

Like said above the price is not too bad - a good case of you get what you pay for though. If you don’t intend to keep it for 10 years and plan light use, it likely will work for you. A bit off topic of what you asked but hopefully helps in your search.

Edited by willb
  • Like 1

There is a rusted p/up dump box for $800 on Kijiji.  No pics. 

Might be be better to buy it and mount on a sturdy flatbed trailer.  

Or in an old pick up.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

not impressed with their trailers 

Any suggestions for another builder of a 2990 lb gvwr dumper?

Edited by Blake G

27 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Any suggestions for another builder of a 2990 lb gvwr dumper?

Miska built one in the past

Edited by Sksman
Spelling
  • Like 1

Personally I would spend just a bit more and go with this instead as others have said. I think if will hold better on the resale as well.

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/miska trailers/scissor lift dump trailer/hamilton/ontario/5_35857058_20150610221844422?ms=trailers&showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&showVs=1&ursrc=mb&orup=4_20_341&pc=L7P 2B3&sprx=-2

• Like 1

Miska custom built a single axle dump for a pool guy that was running around Halton area for awhile.  Guy had it at my house.  It was 5x10ft I believe.  

• Like 1