Arctic Cat Cutbacks

bbakernbay

That is going to make a major change to the leftover sled market.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

Cat is following Yamaha on the production and cutting dealers like to others have.

How many times have you read being able to by to 2 or 3 yr old cat in a crate.

I bought a 2017 ZR7000 LXR in a crate this spring.  $5000 off MSRP.  The crates were being picked up at dealers all over so he had product due to the order only 2020 year.  Looks like the cut in production did the job.  My dealer is building a new facility.  I hope the dealer cutback don't affect him.

Rumor I heard today was 11 Arctic Cat/Textron dealers were being squeezed out in Ontario very shortly... 

Will be interesting to see who and how the dealer network will be spaced out when all is said and done. 

Not unlike the auto industry restructuring that occurred during the last recession a decade ago in the US

• Confused 1

I saw trailer load yesterday of new Ski doos going north on 400 hwy, Why would anyone want a artic cat?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tireless said:

I saw trailer load yesterday of new Ski doos going north on 400 hwy, Why would anyone want a artic cat? 

So you don't have to trade every year before the crankshaft bearings explode.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

So there is a working sled to toe out the broken DESS posts.

Edited by Big Pussy

3 hours ago, tireless said:

Million dollar question

• Haha 1

this is not news...my dealers told me they were losing dealership status over 4 months ago...

Edited by johnsazzr

In may not be new news to those involved w/ AC, but is it possible that this is the 1st that they've made it known to the general public.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps this has something to do with Textron producing Tracker Off Road ATVs,  UTVs and golf carts.All Bass Pro Shops in North America will have them.

13 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

Anyone know whether Arnie’s Cat House on Highway 11 survived the purge.  The Arctic Cat banner was there yesterday as I passed by.

I do not think he has been a Cat dealer for a few years now....so nothing to purge.

33 minutes ago, stoney said:

I do not think he has been a Cat dealer for a few years now....so nothing to purge.

Probably busy enough fixing Cats. No different than the garages that yoy see specialize in certain import brands.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 6:02 PM, Wildbill said:

Arnie had a heart attack he survived it but is looking to enjoy life a bit now 

I can certainly understand the stress that many dealers are subject to by their respective manufacturers, bank managers, staff and customers.  

I have heard of a few horror stories about dealers really being traumatized by the intense pressure they face daily.

• Like 1