Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Diceman

Security Cameras For Camp

Recommended Posts

Need some help...pops is turning 80 this year and still going strong...since he has joined the new cell phone world we want to get him a security system for the camp that he can check on his phone......thing is there is no cell phone service at the camp but we do have internet and a phone....any thoughts on type, were to buy, etc ?? Thanks   ps- 5 mths and counting....lol...

Edited by Diceman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did some research in 2016 and ended up buying some "mydlink" stuff on Amazon.ca in 2016 and 2018. I wanted something affordable, quick, and easy for the front office and part of a warehouse at my moving and storage business. (See images of my purchases and a screen capture from one of the cameras.) Not high end, but I've been satisfied with the reasonable cost and ease of use. Wireless connection between cameras and recorder. Has sound and video. (The second camera has been more stable than the first. I have to reset the first camera every couple of weeks by unplugging it for a few seconds.)

 

I had an employee set up the cameras, recorder, and storage device, and connect to the internet. I then downloaded an app for my Android phone, and can view the two cameras in real time on my phone, from anywhere with an internet connection. Beyond the purchase of the initial hardware, there have been no ongoing subscription fees.

 

I also purchased some more extensive and expensive systems from a security consultant. They are a little better quality, but harder to set up and use.

 

For ease of set up and use, I would recommend the mydlink stuff.

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with a Swann 4 camera hard wired system, didn't want to deal with a battery system with the cold in winter. It was on sale for $299.00 at Best Buy last fall.  Very easy instal and set up by running wires in crawl space and behind the board and batten and soffits, great picture day or night, can zoom in clearly on a lic plate from 60-80ft. The heat and motion detection function works great, sends a notification to my phone. 

 

https://www.swann.com/ca/swdvk-445804

 

93518776_Screenshot_20190703-164845_HomeSafeView.thumb.jpg.e033d7eba7c0e38bc4fcc030473c412f.jpg267634330_Screenshot_20190703-164908_HomeSafeView.thumb.jpg.9c570ae9b2a954b195dfec03ea66f5e1.jpg850864868_Screenshot_20190703-164934_HomeSafeView.thumb.jpg.40aa938a993aaa640f3e6c49f7570d53.jpg1869576699_Screenshot_20190703-164859_HomeSafeView.thumb.jpg.36a78723b9614d2cdc7d2d0de9884758.jpg

 

1384775260_Screenshot_20190703-170557_HomeSafeView.thumb.jpg.834edad89ee5e756555524182fe24d30.jpg50492038_375555889897477_3998219192246468608_n.thumb.jpg.6bccaaf9b114a66a4b5f6d5764109892.jpg

Edited by Nutter
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ARLO PRO 2 is a great system.  All wireless, great range and can add solar where no power is available.

 

Have it at home and cottage.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 11:22 PM, Blake G said:

 

 

 

Screenshot_20190702-232712_Amazon Shopping-432x888.jpg

 

 

You left out your credit card number Blake. (good info by the way)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 4:31 PM, Nutter said:

I went with a Swann 4 camera hard wired system, didn't want to deal with a battery system with the cold in winter. It was on sale for $299.00 at Best Buy last fall.  Very easy instal and set up by running wires in crawl space and behind the board and batten and soffits, great picture day or night, can zoom in clearly on a lic plate from 60-80ft. The heat and motion detection function works great, sends a notification to my phone. 

 

https://www.swann.com/ca/swdvk-445804

 

93518776_Screenshot_20190703-164845_HomeSafeView.thumb.jpg.e033d7eba7c0e38bc4fcc030473c412f.jpg267634330_Screenshot_20190703-164908_HomeSafeView.thumb.jpg.9c570ae9b2a954b195dfec03ea66f5e1.jpg850864868_Screenshot_20190703-164934_HomeSafeView.thumb.jpg.40aa938a993aaa640f3e6c49f7570d53.jpg1869576699_Screenshot_20190703-164859_HomeSafeView.thumb.jpg.36a78723b9614d2cdc7d2d0de9884758.jpg

 

1384775260_Screenshot_20190703-170557_HomeSafeView.thumb.jpg.834edad89ee5e756555524182fe24d30.jpg50492038_375555889897477_3998219192246468608_n.thumb.jpg.6bccaaf9b114a66a4b5f6d5764109892.jpg

Looks good and thank you for not posting the pics of you tanning nude in the yard...…….:icon_tongue:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Looks good and thank you for not posting the pics of you tanning nude in the yard...…….:icon_tongue:

That would be very scary

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for info everyone

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazon might have what you need and they have amazon days for the next 2 days.

9 minutes ago, Diceman said:

thanks for info everyone

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×