Venture Lite / Phazer Reverse

signfan

is there a fix that actually works for these sleds??  or do they all suffer from the reverse that won;t engage without the shimmy rocking of the sled to make it engage?  I had an 07 Phazer and it was terrible for this.  Just curious if the newer units were any better or if they all suffer from this flaw??

My Apex and Nytro are sticky at times. It's a mechanical reverse. It won't come out of gear under load, just like any manual transmission.

Is there a linkage adjustment on the Phazer?

Are you having trouble engaging reverse, or are you having the issue that the electronic reverse won't even come on (i.e. the little light doesn't come on and it's doesn't beep).

If it's the later I've discovered that if you start the engine without holding the start button down for a few seconds beforehand for the fuel pump to engage, then reverse should work fine.  I've had to turn off the engine and restart it that way.  I think that replacing the TPS or something can fix this but not enough of an issue for me yet.  Mine is an 09 GT.

I have an 07 Phazer. There was a shim kit for the primary and a revised belt that helped the situation but did not cure it. Idle speed and chain tension are also important for shifting. Check out Totallyamaha.com in the Phazer forum for additional help. The link below is for a list of updates for the Phazer.

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/updates-to-07s.107506/