Only One Trip Meter 2020 Ski Doo Gauge Cluster

Fuse6

For anyone that ordered a new 2020 Ski Doo you may not be aware the new gauge cluster only has one trip meter, not two like we have had for years.

Unbelieveable how BRP could go to production and feel this is acceptable.

For anyone concerned contact 

brp.care@brp.com

to register your concern.

Thanks for your time and continued patience, we are sorry for the delay.

We have heard back from our technical support team, and the 2020 Ski-Doo XRS only has one trip meter.

We are sorry for any future concerns or inconveniences this may cause you. At this time, we invite you to reach out to your dealer to continue the conversation but please do not hesitate to reach back out to us if you have any further comments or concerns.

Kindest Regards,

logo_brp_rgb50x50.pngDavid-BRPcare

Thanks for the heads-up.  I sent BRP an email ad well.  I frequently use both of them on my sled.

first world problems. lmao! :D Ski

Decontenting is the term. From what I've read online the folks that snow checked Poos were happy w/ the spring order process.

I think BRP figures 'doo owners will buy regardless. I wonder if a rebooted 12/3 w/ XRS graphics would sell?

1 hour ago, skidooboy said:

first world problems. lmao! :D Ski

Sure it is.  But that doesn't mean that buyers and potential buyers shouldn't speak up about something that concerns them with an approximate $20K purchase.  One trip meter seems like a huge step backwards.  My current sled has a total of four trip meters, although two of them are 'hardware specific'.  By hardware specific, I am referring to the Oil Change odometer, which displays only after the oil change interval has been exceeded, and the Fuel odometer, which counts the distance traveled with the fuel light on.  All four of these are very useful and I would certainly miss them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it's a point worth bitchung about.  In 2004 if you bought a gsx you got

- heavy bumper that needed a $30 hitch to tow a sleigh

- a tunnel bag

- mirrors

- a gauge cluster with two trip meters

- 2 carbides per ski 

Now you buy a renegade Enduro and everything on the list is extra.  I'm sure its helped BRP's profits, but there comes a point as a consumer when you look at the situation and have to really question whether your needs are being addressed.  If Polaris produces a 4 stroke in the 90 - 130 hp range in the axis chassis with the new rear end I'll jump ship.  Until then I'll ride what I have.  Disapointing BRP.  You can do better.

• Like 1

I would miss not having 2 trip odometer's. Use both when we are on multi day trips. One for daily km's and the other for total trip km's. It wouldn't kill me not to have them but it makes it easier to keep track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I would miss not having 2 trip odometer's. Use both when we are on multi day trips. One for daily km's and the other for total trip km's. It wouldn't kill me not to have them but it makes it easier to keep track.

Yep totally agree.  One is my trip mileage and one is from the last fuel stop.

I'm guessing they're slowly taking basic standard stuff away so they can eventually reintroduce it on a more expensive model. 

1 hour ago, Poo Man said:

I'm guessing they're slowly taking basic standard stuff away so they can eventually reintroduce it on a more expensive model. 

No so they can sell it back as an accessory.  The XRS with the upgraded gauge from the factory only has one trip meter.

Was it consumers or the dealers that complained to BRP about the magenta or some other funky colour for the slide rails? The colour changed to something a little more eye-pleasing between the spring preview and fall delivery.

Revrnd, the magenta still came out on a Freeride model, was ugly AF ... the girls all wanted one though.  Would have sold tons of them if they were available in-season, several would have jumped ship from Cat to get one, but couldn't.

11 hours ago, Poo Man said:

11 hours ago, signfan said:

No so they can sell it back as an accessory.  The XRS with the upgraded gauge from the factory only has one trip meter.

Oh so I guess you guys mean RECOIL STARTERS too ???   smh ... cheap bastages ...

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, signfan said:

I think it's a point worth bitchung about.  In 2004 if you bought a gsx you got

- heavy bumper that needed a $30 hitch to tow a sleigh

- a tunnel bag

- mirrors

- a gauge cluster with two trip meters

- 2 carbides per ski 

Now you buy a renegade Enduro and everything on the list is extra.  I'm sure its helped BRP's profits, but there comes a point as a consumer when you look at the situation and have to really question whether your needs are being addressed.  If Polaris produces a 4 stroke in the 90 - 130 hp range in the axis chassis with the new rear end I'll jump ship.  Until then I'll ride what I have.  Disapointing BRP.  You can do better.

Not saying it's right or it's wrong but asking the question.... maybe many of the buyers were not wanting that heavy bumper, the tunnel bag, the mirrors or the multiple trip meters and asking if they could get the sled without it. It's easier to add the things you want than to try and take off the things you don't when you make the purchase.

I'm in the 'no steel bumper' camp...

Not seeing the need for 1. The next thing will be alum' moose bars.

3 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Not saying it's right or it's wrong but asking the question.... maybe many of the buyers were not wanting that heavy bumper, the tunnel bag, the mirrors or the multiple trip meters and asking if they could get the sled without it. It's easier to add the things you want than to try and take off the things you don't when you make the purchase.

I could see that as an option if you want an air suspension sled for example, without all the other junk (so to speak).  In a more typical situation you'd buy an Adrenaline instead of the Enduro, and add just what you wanted.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, revrnd said:

I'm in the 'no steel bumper' camp...

Not seeing the need for 1. The next thing will be alum' moose bars.

The upgraded bumper is still aluminum.  It's just built heavier.   It was aluminum on my 04 rev as well.  But the heavy one came from the factory.

I'm sure the 2nd trip meter will appear on the 2021 or 2022 model.  This small change will entice you to trade up again, loosing thousands in the deal.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Looks to be a change coming.  For all you haters here it is..  

Following the announcement at Club BRP 2020 in February, we had some consumer feedback on social media platforms and during Spring Tour on MY20 Ski-Doo digital gauges that the initial Trip display options were not to their satisfaction,” Ski-Doo wrote in the dealer memo. “We listened and are responding. For 2020 models, the configuration of the new 4.5 digital display and 7.2 wide digital gauge will be updated at PDI to offer the following display options: Odometer, Total vehicle hours, Trip A distance, Trip B distance.”

The change essentially adds a second trip meter (Trip  to the gauge, as the original version only had one trip meter setting. FYI, PDI stands for Pre-Delivery Inspection/a.k.a., machine setup.

On PDI ... yay ...

52 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Looks to be a change coming.  For all you haters here it is..  

Following the announcement at Club BRP 2020 in February, we had some consumer feedback on social media platforms and during Spring Tour on MY20 Ski-Doo digital gauges that the initial Trip display options were not to their satisfaction,” Ski-Doo wrote in the dealer memo. “We listened and are responding. For 2020 models, the configuration of the new 4.5 digital display and 7.2 wide digital gauge will be updated at PDI to offer the following display options: Odometer, Total vehicle hours, Trip A distance, Trip B distance.”

The change essentially adds a second trip meter (Trip  to the gauge, as the original version only had one trip meter setting. FYI, PDI stands for Pre-Delivery Inspection/a.k.a., machine setup.

11 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

On PDI ... yay ...

IQ, you just made Denis' day LOL

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

I know..:rotflmao:

Kids .... go rip up your lawn with the 850 if you're that bored .... :headbang:

• Haha 1