Trails Closed - End of season - Yearly trail by date graph

schmied

Hello all

As the IATG was once again displaying total kilometers of open trail this year, (perhaps to be taken with a grain of salt) I was able to track the 

season and graph it out.  For those that may not have seen this before, I take the KM of open trail around noon each day and add

it to a spreadsheet.  If I miss a day here and there, I fill it in by averaging out the day before and after.  This year we have 3 years of

data to compare and can see some trends.  Please note that there is no 2018 as the IATG didn't display the info I needed to graph.

Since I have the soap box for a moment, I'll lament about my season.  My wife had some surgery Jan 9th that kept me home, or

close to it, for the winter.  District 5 was the suck all winter and the only weekend I had a chance to ride from just up the road, I had

a funeral.  I did run the sled off the trailer once, in reverse, about 20 feet.  Loading it a week later I ran it back on about 10 feet.  All in all 

I did more riding backwards than I did forwards.  Oh well.

Anyhow, by the numbers, a great winter!  Trails open 130 days.  Best day, March 9th,  26219km open.

trailbydate2019.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Great job, schmied! I kept track myself this year, in case you ran into difficulties. I really appreciate your efforts. It's great to have one graph showing the data for three of the past four years. Cheers.

Looks like the 2nd week of Feb is statistically the safest time to plan a trip in Ontario.  

• Like 1

Excellent resource.  Thanks for the effort.

Good job