Black Creek Outfitters for sale?

Turbo Doo

Yes it is...

Hope it sells and stays open vs not selling and just closing up!!! That’s the only place that way for gas.

Unless Aubrey Falls opens back up full time. They weren’t open this year when we rode up there.

3614B01E-CC84-42F9-B6B8-AB3D412F2BA3.jpeg

great place and the price is reasonable, might get in the way of sledding though. To only be 30 years younger....

• Like 1

Have been there nice kept place, sad to see it up for sale :(

aubrey falls trading has opened, closed several times in the last several years. now black creek outfitters. tough row to hoe. remote area with LOTS OF DOWN TIME. a few weeks of sledding, a few weeks of hunting, a few weeks of fishing clients... the rest  is up keep, and paying overhead. if you were buying it as a living place, and make a bit of money with gas and lodging and didnt mind the service hours or return on time and investment... it MIGHT be worth it.

it sucks for those needing services to ride sleds atvs ect... in the area because without them, no more elliot lake to halfway, without alot of fuel, or a HUGE DETOUR toward the soo, heyden, goulais river for fuel before treking north toward wawa. with the troubles saw this year, it wouldnt surprise me if halfway haven closes in winter again.  lots of hurdles are going to pop up in district 13 this year. LOTS! ski

• Like 1

14 hours ago, skidooboy said:

aubrey falls trading has opened, closed several times in the last several years. now black creek outfitters. tough row to hoe. remote area with LOTS OF DOWN TIME. a few weeks of sledding, a few weeks of hunting, a few weeks of fishing clients... the rest  is up keep, and paying overhead. if you were buying it as a living place, and make a bit of money with gas and lodging and didnt mind the service hours or return on time and investment... it MIGHT be worth it.

it sucks for those needing services to ride sleds atvs ect... in the area because without them, no more elliot lake to halfway, without alot of fuel, or a HUGE DETOUR toward the soo, heyden, goulais river for fuel before treking north toward wawa. with the troubles saw this year, it wouldnt surprise me if halfway haven closes in winter again.  lots of hurdles are going to pop up in district 13 this year. LOTS! ski

Sean at Halfway certainly didn't sound optimistic when we were there this year.

On 4/18/2019 at 9:47 AM, skidooboy said:

Ski' some grumbling on DooTalk about HH. I along w/ most others are grateful they're open & allows us to ride in that area.

What do these clowns expect in the middle of nowhere, the Waldorf Astoria?

"Give your head a shake"

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

Ski' some grumbling on DooTalk about HH. I along w/ most others are grateful they're open & allows us to ride in that area.

What do these clowns expect in the middle of nowhere, the Waldorf Astoria?

"Give your head a shake"

Someone's fussin' b/c it's a bush facility?

(amazingly) I haven't been there yet since Sean has taken over - at least not when he was there ....

Maybe Steve took too many stuffed animals home with him?

The albino martin?

The bear rug that's on the wall? (which previously tore THROUGH the kitchen wall!)

Not sure if he ever got a beaver mounted?

Edited by Ox
  • Like 2

I saw a beautiful log house with a slick looking off grid system consisting of solar and wind turbines in Cochrane. At the price they were asking I would be mortgage free and figure you could get some supplemental income from sledders. Wife put a damper on that real quick!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ox said:

Someone's fussin' b/c it's a bush facility?

More or less...

1 hour ago, Poo Man said:

I saw a beautiful log house with a slick looking off grid system consisting of solar and wind turbines in Cochrane. At the price they were asking I would be mortgage free and figure you could get some supplemental income from sledders. Wife put a damper on that real quick!

Some women need a better sense of adventure..

I cant complain but still looking at the next venture...

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, signfan said:

What was the issue Halfway had this year?  Late start due to trail issues?  Or is there more to it than that (low traffic, facility issues???)

Let's just say the place needs some work. I'm not being critical, I've been all over Ontario and appreciate all the work that goes into keeping sledders happy and the trails open.Without some major money put into that place the roof will cave in.Literally.I will say Sean is a great guy and puts his heart and soul into that place.

• Like 3

From the time that Steve (and Dennis, Gayle, Margie) finally pulled all the permits to build (on crown land, dig a well, lay a septic, etc...)  it was up and somewhat ready for us when we arrived as the first over-nighter's  only 2 months later.

It was built on the cheap,  but definitely on the quick!

Edited by Ox
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Black Creek Outfitters.  A great place to visit with wonderful owners as hosts.  

Being there 7 days a week, week-after-week, year-after-year eventually turns a passion into a pain.  I seen it with Barry B when he purchased, then ran Aubrey Falls Trading Post in the early 1980's, through to the end of the 1990's.  

Running that diesel generator on a daily basis isn't cheap, then add in the TSSA costs and headaches for the fuel pumps and whatever other troubles go with running a rural small business.

Glad they stuck it out as long as they have.  Very nice people.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Does anybody have an update on the status of Black Creek Outfitters and if there will be fuel available in that area this winter?

I was curious too so I msd'g them.  Below is the response I got back.

"Lol we have been up for sale now going on 3 yrs thats too funny , yes we will be open year round no worries not going too far too soon"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, signfan.

We'll still call ahead re: hours of operation and fuel availability. 

I recalled Dan-Senor's thread from November last year- snow pics!

Great video as well. 

Black creek and adjacent Aubrey Falls ... great sledding area. Thanks for being there for us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

Black creek and adjacent Aubrey Falls ... great sledding area. Thanks for being there for us. 

X2..

my guess is dan will have another one of those posts, and videos in the next 4-6 weeks. Ski

• Like 1

Coincidentially, I was up that way yesterday doing some metal detecting along the Mississagi River.  Had an awesome day.   Picked up my sleds at camp on my way back to the Sault last night.   The trailer is loaded and it won't be long now.  Should be riding within 3 weeks, either at Aubrey Falls area or Eton.  I will post updates on this site.

s_IMG_20191027_142225.jpg

s_IMG_20191027_123440.jpg

s_IMG_20191027_141428.jpg

s_IMG_20191027_125312.jpg

s_IMG_20191027_174708.jpg

Edited by Dan-Senior
  • Like 1

Aubrey Falls Area - Potential Weekend Forecast

Although a bit early in the week to solidify this upcoming potential weekend forecast, here is a projected forecast for north of Black Creek Outfitters.  Although cautiously optimistic, I will watch it throughout the week to determine if a weekend ride is in the works.

Aubrey Falls Area.jpg