Griffith Club needs help

signfan

Very sad. There will be more stories like this in the near future. Everyone wants to "ride" but nobody wants to "do". Hope their General Meeting goes well.

• Thanks 1

Not to belittle the issue, but they're in an area that is kind of in the middle of nowhere. 

I've driven thru there many times on my way to Eganville & there isnt a lot going on along 41 from Denbigh to the Dacre turn.

Probably too much/far away to split it up w/ the neighbouring clubs.

Sign of the times, I think. I can think of a few smaller clubs in the middle of nowhere that are struggling to keep themselves functioning.

If they have a strong District board, it doesn't necessarily have to mean trail closures: neighbouring, stronger clubs could be stepping up to handle the grooming.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Claire Voyant said:

Sign of the times, I think. I can think of a few smaller clubs in the middle of nowhere that are struggling to keep themselves functioning.

If they have a strong District board, it doesn't necessarily have to mean trail closures: neighbouring, stronger clubs could be stepping up to handle the grooming.

In D2 the district looks after grooming activities. Clubs are responsible for equipment & trail maintenance.

5 hours ago, revrnd said:

In D2 the district looks after grooming activities. Clubs are responsible for equipment & trail maintenance.

Another sign of the future: district trail signage teams. Volunteers, ideally.

Whatever happened  to A-03's??

Edited by Claire Voyant

11 hours ago, Cuyuna said:

Very sad. There will be more stories like this in the near future. Everyone wants to "ride" but nobody wants to "do". Hope their General Meeting goes well.

This is just over an hours drive away for me. I got to ride through there a couple of times this season and was laughing as I blasted up some of the best tight twisty hills around.  

I think I'll head down to their meeting and volunteer to at least help with their trails. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bbakernbay said:

How did the AGM go?  Turnout?  Interest from Newbies?

I believe they got a couple newbies to step in. 

• Thanks 1

Yep a new board in place.  Looks promising.  The work starts now.  Good news is the past executive has left the club in good shape financially.  Sign of the times.  Good people willing to step up and help out.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, signfan said:

Yep a new board in place.  Looks promising.  The work starts now.  Good news is the past executive has left the club in good shape financially.  Sign of the times.  Good people willing to step up and help out.

Good luck for next season !