Which Sled To Sell, Or Keep It?

Need A Vacation

I just snow checked a new sled yesterday, and am trying to decide which sled to possibly sell. We are original owners for both sleds.

‘11 Cat F8 EXT. Runs great, still looks great. Almost 4,700 miles. Cobra track has a few lugs with very minor tears. If I keep it will probably replace the torsion springs and rebuild the shocks, and needs new carbides regardless... 

’11 Cat T570. Runs great, looks great. Under 600 miles. Doesn’t need anything for the next season. Lower miles up to this point since my wife would usually stay home with the boys vs taking them. 

If we keep the F8, it gives me and my buddies an extra sled to take when it’s just the guys. Plus my wife doesn’t mind riding it. She rode it when we were up at the cabin this past Feb. And she may even just ride the Gade X and I’ll ride my F8 when it’s the family/ her and I going out...

Mileage wise tells us to keep the T570. But it’s a fan cooled, carbed, entry level model. Plus, it may bring more money vs the F8 based on mileage.

Thankfully it’s not a matter of we need to sell one of the sleds to put towards the new sled. So if we keep both it will give us a third sled for our boys to ride. One does show more interest in riding than the other, so not much need for a fourth sled at this time....

BUT, if we keep both, hauling the sleds will be an interesting challenge...Currently have a 12’ clamshell, and a topper on the truck. A buddy has a four place, but a third buddy usually has his sled in the 4 place vs in his own truck bed if the families are going. He still drove separate due to passenger room. 

IF we sold one of the sleds, we could sell the clamshell and our 16’ tandem utility trailer and buy a 3-4 place inline. Combining two trailers, and taking up less storage area in the yard... Then eventually add a third sled... This is the route I’m leaning towards, and selling the T570...

So which would you try to sell, if either?

TY for the input!!!

I think you are on the right track selling the 570 if you want to sell a sled. Not sure how aggressive you ride but you are going to love the procross chassis. Your Zuk 800 is a solid motor and will last you at least 10k before a top end rebuild. 

One consideration is neither sled will bring a lot of money. Another is the age of your boys, my boy was riding a sled in his teens putting on more miles than my wife. If they are younger, can you trade a sled for a ZR 200? Decisions decisions! 

I would keep both and decide next winter depending on how the season goes on what to sell if any. Congrats on your new sled as well.

TY for the input!!!

I should have mentioned our boys will be 16yrs old this July. So a little too big for a 200, but a great idea!!!

I figured I would probably wait until the beginning of next season if we do decide to sell one. Trying to sell this time of year I’m guessing we would be lucky to get $1800 for the 570. 

I snow checked a Gade X 850. May sound crazy jumping ship, but the closest Cat dealer is ~1hr away... Otherwise the new Riot may have been the winner!!! 

TY again!!!