Hornepayne - Hearst

signfan

Anyone have any inside info.  Will this still be open come Monday for a ride?  Are they still grooming?  I see Kapuskasing is stating they will close Monday and the Polar Bear riders are hinting in that direction as well stating they made their last grooms.

I'm looking at MAYBE riding to Hornepayne & back tomorrow.  Not grooming anywhere, no need.  Trails don't need it.  Fresh snow just makes them better, and there's been very little traffic over the last 2 weeks anyways.

My day tomorrow depends on the max temperature they're calling for on the forecast tomorrow morning.  I don't like riding on mashed potatoes and pushing a sled in less than ideal conditions.

• Like 1

Conditions would have been stellar, but I decided to stay home for personal reasons and I could use a lazy day anyway. 

7 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

:lol:..texting someone doesn't help..:ehh:

Yeah well you know when someone can't stop babbling about their new sled they ordered....

Well made the trek tonight (was in the area with work).  Was great riding.  175 km out of Hornepayne.  Just ran north to hwy 11 and back.  Great way to finish the season.  A little mashed potato like in spots, but all in all mostly still mid season conditions.  Not a rock or bare spot to be found (I didn't go into town albeit).  I'm done now.  April 15th is a good end date for the sled season.  4000 km season that I'm pretty happy with.  Back to work now.  Happy Spring.

• Like 6