Thanks everyone!

andreyboater

I just like to say good words to people who was involved or have some relation to maintain trails this season. Thank you guys, I hope a lot of people was enjoying Ontario trails and have unforgettable memories.  This winter was awesome!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, andreyboater said:

I just like to say good words to people who was involved or have some relation to maintain trails this season. Thank you guys, I hope a lot of people was enjoying Ontario trails and have unforgettable memories.  This winter was awesome!

Ditto that!

Now the tough part starts.  Driving down the road in the summer and looking into the bush where trails are picturing yourself riding them in the winter

• Haha 2

X3 on what Andrey said. We lucked out weather wise in my area. Yes we had a couple of rain events, but there was enough snow to buffer the effects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

Now the tough part starts.  Driving down the road in the summer and looking into the bush where trails are picturing yourself riding them in the winter

Can't you ride them with your quad?  Gotta have all seasons covered.

Oh and thanks to everyone for a great season.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

There's a cure for that...distraction. Buy a boat or ATV

Big thank you to all the club volunteers and groomer operators. Without you there just wouldn't be any trails

Edited by 02Sled

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

There's a cure for that...distraction. Buy a boat or ATV

Big thank you to all the club volunteers and groomer operators. Without you there just wouldn't be any trails

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Can't you ride them with your quad?  Gotta have all seasons covered.

Oh and thanks to everyone for a great season.

I do have this to help me with the non snowmobiling blues.  Just not the same

9BAD39F0-8FF1-44D0-9574-AD1EE88D98CE.jpeg.338ab1bfd32027130405e241e8a2e32a.jpg

I see the difference, snow is missing on your picture:lmao: 

X5..

thanks to everyone who made this winter as great  as it was, without the help of dedicated people we wouldn’t have the memories of this great sport with awesome friends.. 

3 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

I do have this to help me with the non snowmobiling blues.  Just not the same

9BAD39F0-8FF1-44D0-9574-AD1EE88D98CE.jpeg.338ab1bfd32027130405e241e8a2e32a.jpg

Well you did get the mini-van version of the sxs.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well you did get the mini-van version of the sxs.

I had a rzr and a 2 seater ranger before this.  With soon to be 2 kids, my wife and I, I needed something bigger

I had a rzr and a 2 seater ranger before this.  With soon to be 2 kids, my wife and I, I needed something bigger

You need two sxs bro.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You need two sxs bro.

That is the ultimate plan once the kids are old enough 

Edited by 04nightfire

It was a great year to be a snowmobiler and a volunteer.

It is so much easier when mother nature co-operates!

...until next year

IMG_4915.JPG

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Can't you ride them with your quad?  Gotta have all seasons covered

I hope you're being facetious. Lots of trails are on private property & are closed to the public when the snow is gone.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

I hope you're being facetious. Lots of trails are on private property & are closed to the public when the snow is gone.

I was referring to the legal ones.  

• Thanks 1

Yes. Heaps of thanks to the OFSC, its districts, clubs, volunteers and groomer operators for such an amazing season north of "cottage country". I missed out on the last couple of weeks due to illness, and still put down 4400 km of the smoothest sledding I have ever encountered. Conditions were so good either side of highway 17 from Pembroke to Sudbury that I never got to the Northern Corridor, Kirkland Lake, Searchmont or Wawa areas this winter. I have ridden most of the province because I firmly believe in riding as close to home as I can, but only on good snow. Some years the closest good conditions have been in District 5/9 and others it required a drive to District 13/14/15. This year was so good in District 6,7,10, 11, and 12 that truck time was minimized and trail time maximized. For example, Parry Sound trails in late February and early March were the best groomed that I have ever seen them. Around Lake Nippising, Sudbury, Gowganda, Temagami , North Bay, Bonfield, Mattawa to Deep River, trails  were all amazing.

I must repeat that I have never seen such a high percentage of freshly groomed trails. Koodos to all those resposible, including Mother Nature.

Without getting political, is it safe to assume MOTS had anything to do with this winter's exceptional grooming? If so, the next area with an opportunity to improve is signage. Not everyone is carrying a GPS or equivalent, and being honest some signage is missing, poor and/or unsafe. I am talking in areas that are supposed to be tourist friendly. There were places where a significant choice had to be made and there was no sign. Only past experience got me in the right direction.

I hope that we get another similar winter next season, but that it extends to the 'south' as well. Cheers!

• Like 5