Snow tracker carbides

signfan

Semi aggressive, and 7000km on them. Highly recommend them.

My three closest riding buddies use them and won't go back to anything else. Semi aggressive on a Ski Doo GSX 900, aggressive on a short track Ski Doo 1200 and a 1200 Renegade. The first application in our group was on a Yamaha Apex that became an excellent handler once the Snow Trackers and some other changes were installed. I admit to really liking the ease of steering and the precision on most firm groomed trails. Don't like them as much when there is fresh soft snow on the trail. They really bite into wooden or rubber floored trailers. They need to have plastic runners under the skis or they are hard to get the sled moving.

I tried them on a friends Polaris 850 up in Cochrane a few weeks ago and as much as I loved the Cobraheads I ran this year the Snowtrackers were unreal at how well they worked, even Karen was very impressed with them. I’ll be buying a set for ours next year. 

Wow this is pretty resounding.  Guess I'll try a set.   I had heard that they were a good choice handling wise.  My main concern was how well they wore.  If you've got 7000 kms from them then that's as good as any other carbide I could buy.

I tried a buddys indy 850 with them in Quebec. They work really good but i noticed they can leave a gouge in the trail if they get clogged up with ice/snow. Terrible following someone when they do that. That creates a lot of drag and really hurts fuel economy. Im going back to cobra heads next year. 

They work wonders on single keel skis, been running them for two seasons 6000km + and would never run anything else.

Sled rails around the corners like it’s on tracks o darting can pretty much ride with one hand on my eps sled, I’ve never had the problems that some have had with snow trackers, getting thrown off the sled, getting stuck on wooden bridges, sled won’t move on pavement/gas stations, destroying trailering etc etc etc, most complain about destroying your trailer, if your trailer is set up for sleds with ski guides than you will be fine.

Follow snow trackers instructions on sled set up “MINIMAL SKI PRESSURE”  and you won’t regret it..

First thing I put on any sled I buy ,run the semis ,they will bugger the floor of your trailer if you don’t have guides 

I don't use anything but SnowTrackers. Been using them since 2002. They change a suggestion of turning into an absolute statement. Zero push. You will need to brush up on body english as the sled will carve. Total performance. As to whether to use semi-aggressive or full on aggressive, it depends on your stud setup. I use nothing but aggressive. Never had snow clogging and find that they are more efficient than the conventional duallies out there. Fast on the top end if that is a consideration. Check out the Snow Tracker website for installation instructions. You will need to drill an extra pilot hole for the front tab. And yes, they will be hard on floors , etc. without guides. Also, they will really dig into grass, soft dirt, etc.  I have wheel kits on all of my sleds. The carbides last a long time and take a lot of punishment in my experience. They are not cheap, but great bang for the buck.

I've been using these for years, it's the only way to make Yamaha's tuner skis go around a corner with out under steering.

I have new set of semi aggressive for sale that fits a yamaha apex. $100

17 hours ago, Nunz said:

I tried them on a friends Polaris 850 up in Cochrane a few weeks ago and as much as I loved the Cobraheads I ran this year the Snowtrackers were unreal at how well they worked, even Karen was very impressed with them. I’ll be buying a set for ours next year. 

For that new Yamaha you ordered?

• Haha 1

I had semi aggressive on my 1200 grand touring 2009 was very happy, now I've got TS ski on my 1200cc 2017.  

Highly recommended! Ran them on multiple Yamaha sleds with single keel tuners. Have got 12,000+ kms on some sets. They stay sharp as they wear down. Did have one issue with an earlier season rock that broke the front portion of one carbide on the Venture GT that caused a quick uneven wear out. 

Have run the dual runner Snowtrackers as well on the Viper with Tuner 3's for 5,800 kms and they survived some terrible gravel and road running this season.  They are trickier to install as you have to drill two holes in each ski and alignment is critical. Believe the fuel mileage went down a little from a not perfect install.

Handling is always excellent, and set up is easy as you start with the 0 ski preload and adjust your center shock to get the handling you want.

Expensive, but you won't be disappointed!

• 6 months later...

where are you guys getting these? looking for a set for polaris gripper skis, for their pro mountain ski. 

Ski

I get mine from Royal Distributing, also free shipping to your door.

• Like 1

thanks Fabio! they dont have the semi extreme in stock, at this time. funny thing with my new sled, will turn to the right, like nobody's business. wont turn left to save it's life. up and down on ski shock pressures, up and down on limiter strap holes, up and down on rear skid front shock preload, studboy shaper carbides etc... same result. was going to just put one of these on the right ski, and test it. expensive test, for sure. Ski

Edited by skidooboy

1 hour ago, skidooboy said:

thanks Fabio! they dont have the semi extreme in stock, at this time. funny thing with my new sled, will turn to the right, like nobody's business. wont turn left to save it's life. up and down on ski shock pressures, up and down on limiter strap holes, up and down on rear skid front shock preload, studboy shaper carbides etc... same result. was going to just put one of these on the right ski, and test it. expensive test, for sure. Ski

What sled are they on? I had the same problem last year but got it fixed. 

2018 arctic cat XF High Country. i have installed the polaris gripper skis from the pro rmk/sks sleds. it is a common addition to the cat front end. they are reasonably priced, and readily available, and work well, on and off trail.

the theory is, with the weight removal mods i have done on the sled, i lightened the right side up enough to where,  it does not transfer enough pressure to the rt ski keel... which affects turning to the left as the right (outer) ski, on left turns, pushes over the snow, and does not bite for turning.

what sled was your issue, what did they do to fix it? i am guessing with you... you just replaced the sled. :D  just funnin with ya Nunz! Ski

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, skidooboy said:

...wont turn left to save it's life... Ski

There's a Nascar joke in here somewhere ....

Interesting problem.

Hope Nunz has the solution.

10 hours ago, skidooboy said:

2018 arctic cat XF High Country. i have installed the polaris gripper skis from the pro rmk/sks sleds. it is a common addition to the cat front end. they are reasonably priced, and readily available, and work well, on and off trail.

the theory is, with the weight removal mods i have done on the sled, i lightened the right side up enough to where,  it does not transfer enough pressure to the rt ski keel... which affects turning to the left as the right (outer) ski, on left turns, pushes over the snow, and does not bite for turning.

what sled was your issue, what did they do to fix it? i am guessing with you... you just replaced the sled. :D  just funnin with ya Nunz! Ski

I changed the rear torsion springs on mine to a heavy duty which made a instant improvement to the front steering problems, also tightened the front shock which gave me a bit more ski pressure. And then of course traded it in at end of season lol. 

3 hours ago, Nunz said:

I changed the rear torsion springs on mine to a heavy duty which made a instant improvement to the front steering problems, also tightened the front shock which gave me a bit more ski pressure. And then of course traded it in at end of season lol. 

To do it all over again! Lol

• Haha 1