North bay hotel - on trail?

ecarnell

Looking at possibly getting up north this weekend - looking at starting in north bay possibly and heading into Quebec for two days. Trying to find on map a hotel that is near the trail and easy to get too (as don’t want to run that much road or open water). Seems like the old travel lodge north airport isn’t open anymore?

may end up trailering to temiscaming qc 

any recommendations appreciated.

thanks

Auberge Canadienne in Temiscaming is the closest to the trail. Possibly one very short block of road rash. Parking for truck/trailer across the street.

This would save the rough ride on the "Quebec groomed" side of the Big Jocko River and the bare bridges going into Temiscaming from Ontario. Also allows for taking some cheap beer home from the Esso just across the bridges if you are so inclined.

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Auberge Canadienne in Temiscaming is the closest to the trail. Possibly one very short block of road rash. Parking for truck/trailer across the street.

This would save the rough ride on the "Quebec groomed" side of the Big Jocko River and the bare bridges going into Temiscaming from Ontario. Also allows for taking some cheap beer home from the Esso just across the bridges if you are so inclined.

Auberge Canadienne is closed  Temiscaming Rose is open and close to trail . I would not try starting from North Bay . I just returned from Temiscaming sat afternoon the trails where great  

1 hour ago, northstar said:

Auberge Canadienne is closed  Temiscaming Rose is open and close to trail . I would not try starting from North Bay . I just returned from Temiscaming sat afternoon the trails where great  

You are incorrect about the Auberge Canadienne being closed. I just talked to the front desk on the phone and she said they are definetly open.

Thanks guys!

Booked into another hotel in temiscaming for the night and then will head north for Saturday night.

North bay didn’t make too much sense (especially the road and bridge running) and don’t have enough time to head north to Cochrane for just the weekend (which by the looks of the pictures posted looks awesome this time of year in the other threads).

E

Archived