Cochrane to Hearst Mar 22 2019

Turbo Doo

Well, what to say. Another freaking amazing day riding the Northern corridor du nord.  Rode Cochrane to Hearst with 14snow, Mrs Iq turbo, and Evil and Hubby.  I would say trails are a 10 out of 10. Mostly fresh fluff on top of a super hard base.  Coming into Hearst this afternoon we came upon this little water Hazard. Right in the area as you first come to where you see the woodpile from the trail in behind the companion inn.  Evil and 14snow made the trek across, leaving 14snows father,  Mrs Iq turbo,  myself and Evils hubby to come thru. As you can see from the pics, 14snows father was not successful at the attempt.  After a little snorkeling and tow rope action, the decision was made that Evils hubby,  Mrs Iq turbo and myself would re route around it, and road run up to town, and in along behind Denis 007s work and to the companion inn to meet the rest. All in all,  no one was hurt, sleds good to go, just a little hurt egos. Tomorrow we are doing the chain of lakes loop with Denis007,  and riding back to Cochrane.  

Stay tuned..

20190322_155409.jpg

20190322_122358.jpg

20190322_160426.jpg

20190322_122401.jpg

20190322_131143.jpg

20190322_131156.jpg

20190322_132916.jpg

20190322_101016.jpg

20190322_132942.jpg

20190322_103145.jpg

20190322_132946.jpg

20190322_113915.jpg

20190322_135435.jpg

20190322_113941.jpg

20190322_135730.jpg

20190322_150705.jpg

• Like 4

Thinking about the day, i would not for a second change anything.  There is nothing better then our NCDN adventures..:right_on::evil2::icon_dance-cpatch::icon_steer::whatever:.

Good trails, good friends,  good times. Miles of smiles, and a boat load of off season stories..

Edited by IQ TURBO
  • Like 1

Jeff the pictures look great except for the water crossing, looking like everyone is having fun :grin:. Enjoy your ride. 

Zrtkat is trucking across Indiana enjoyed your pictures Jeff.

Greg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Good post IQ! From the 1966 movie "Beau Geste" with Telly Savalas as Sergeant Major Dajeneau "In the Legion, one must be prepared for the unexpected".

It just proved to us, that anything can happen, anytime, anywhere..

6 hours ago, Polaris1 said:

Wow those trails look flat and fast. I thought I wouldn't be jonesing for another ride after a 1450 mile one a couple weeks ago but I was wrong.

They are fast. :icon_dance-cpatch:.. L123 was a freaking highway. Never did see Evils snowdust..:evil2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Jeff the pictures look great except for the water crossing, looking like everyone is having fun :grin:. Enjoy your ride. 

Zrtkat is trucking across Indiana enjoyed your pictures Jeff.

Greg

Thanks Greg. The trip has been great and todays gonna be another beauty. Other then the water hazard here in Hearst,  the trails are 10 out of 10. Cochrane and Kapuskasing clubs are grooming when they can. Denis007 is leading the pack today for a tour on the chain of lakes up and around the North end of Hearst.  

Trails look mint other than the water hazard.  Has that been the only obstacle you guys have come across so far?  Was hoping to arrive in Cochrane Thursday morning but looks like some warm weather and possible rain coming next week.  How are the sleds doing for over heating, we have ice scratchers for morning, I would imagine trails loosen up in the afternoon.

1 hour ago, yamaha06 said:

Trails look mint other than the water hazard.  Has that been the only obstacle you guys have come across so far?  Was hoping to arrive in Cochrane Thursday morning but looks like some warm weather and possible rain coming next week.  How are the sleds doing for over heating, we have ice scratchers for morning, I would imagine trails loosen up in the afternoon.

Only hazard. Mrs Iq turbo and myself did have the scratchers down, but others in our group where ok without them.. For this time of year,  trails are mint..

• Like 1

Agreed. Even the water hazard was frozen over this afternoon. Extraordinary day riding with this group today. Trails were 10/10 EVERYWHERE and the company was too. 

• Like 1

Another freaking fabulous day in the NCDN. Rode with Denis007,  Evil and hubby,  14snow, and company.  Now enjoying an evening at the Ice hut with Nunz and crew. Trails were fantastic, but are now showing some wear and tear. A few pictures to share. What a way to cap off an amazing season.  No scuba diving today..

20190323_112406.jpg

20190323_115844.jpg

20190323_144933.jpg

20190323_095657.jpg

20190323_101414.jpg

20190323_101438.jpg

20190323_101455.jpg

20190323_104920.jpg

20190323_104931.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, probill said:

Looks like a Ski Doo rally! Great way to end the season. A lot of you folks must have racked up some serious miles this year.

It was the best season ending ride ever for us.  Riding and hanging out with our good friends 14snow, Denis007, and Evil and hubby.  What a way to wrap up another season and trip. And a great night at the ice hut in Cochrane with Nunz last night also. Great seeing Wimpy and chatting with him also..

• Like 5

Had a wicked fun end of season ride in Cochrane met up with many many friends, was great to meet up with IQ and his lovely wife Kim and 14 Snow and his dad, 9000kms on my sled which is a personal best for me this winter. Conditions are great up there but with the rain in the forecast they will go south very quickly. Thanks to everyone for a great season and hope to see some of you over the summer, We will be having our annual Summer Sucks party in August which will also tie into my 50th birthday!!

Cheers everyone ..

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Had a wicked fun end of season ride in Cochrane met up with many many friends, was great to meet up with IQ and his lovely wife Kim and 14 Snow and his dad, 9000kms on my sled which is a personal best for me this winter. Conditions are great up there but with the rain in the forecast they will go south very quickly. Thanks to everyone for a great season and hope to see some of you over the summer, We will be having our annual Summer Sucks party in August which will also tie into my 50th birthday!!

Cheers everyone ..

Thanks again Nunz. Great chatting with you Karen. Fun times as always.  Sorry to burst your bubble about  me not buying a Poo..

Hope to see you guys at your Summer sucks party. 

Great trip awesome pictures, thanks for sharing:roll:

48 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Looking at the forecast.  Hmmmm....

I thought i was done, buttttttt....8-)

Screenshot_20190325-120721_Weather Network.jpg

lol, ummmmm I'm hating you right now..hahahahahahahaha

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Nunz, you and i both know that forecast will do NOTHING to the snow. Just talked to Mrs Iq turbo,  and she says lets go...:hyper:

Hmmmmm

:icon_dance-cpatch::icon_steer::D:evil2::whatever:

NO doubt for sure, I still have to stay tapped out, have a guy coming to see my sled in a couple of days and the mileage is already a concern on it. Plus I don't think our friend will lend us his sled again.. I will live through your trips the next couple of weeks though.

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

NO doubt for sure, I still have to stay tapped out, have a guy coming to see my sled in a couple of days and the mileage is already a concern on it. Plus I don't think our friend will lend us his sled again.. I will live through your trips the next couple of weeks though.

:lol::evil2:

launching from KL sat am for the kap, Abitibi sun to Cochrane. KL Monday. watch for three 850s ( X, XRS, BLIZZARD) and ASSAULT 850. hooping rain doesn't affect much.

Forecast is looking a lot better now, now I just have to hope my buddy doesn't bail on me!!  He seems to be looking at a different weather forecast and thinks its not worth going!!