Searchmont-Wawa

snowgirl

2 hours ago, AC+YA said:

Did the same trip from Searchmont to Dub on Friday.  All around the area on Saturday.  Back to Halfway for the night on Sunday and back to Searchmont and drive home Monday.  (see snowgirl's pics above)

Fantastic trails if you had ice scratchers early and late in the days with the few bad spots which come along with the blue sky and warmer temps we call spring riding.

Just as 1049 says, we took Trail 5 and avoided as much pavement and dirt/mud as is possible by going straight to Dub on the Magpie.  All the Wawa trails were well kept, but we avoided going into town.  Had a couple meals at the Big Bear in Hawk Junction too.  Might want to avid the yellow area on the D Trail between Wawa and Hawk where the work crews have plowed because it was getting close to melting off.

All trails were hard and very smooth with the occasional frozen ruts on the River which could be avoided completely.  All lakes were frozen hard and smooth except in areas beat up during the rain and warm, but usually could be totally avoided.  This was my best spring trip ever and the road all the way into the closed trading post had been re-worked by the groomer so that snow was cut from the bank and spread to create a sled path on actual thick snow.  Wow what a nice surprise to get back to the Driftwood.  No road rash or bad stuff thanks to the Trailblazers working the banks with the groomer.  That is rare!  Great last ride for the season. 

D4500ADB-A2A8-4984-BAED-07D4EA10D90B.jpeg

Looks like you guys had a fantastic ride . Really making me wish I was back up there oh well i will appreciate the first ride next year even more !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

1049, whats with the new avatar pic?

:evil2::evil2::right_on::D......

My wife’s new sled just hoping she let’s me try it out

40 minutes ago, 1049 said:

Honey my sled is broken, can I take yours on the boys weekend ??.

Could be an old song by years end.

31 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Honey my sled is broken, can I take yours on the boys weekend ??.

Could be an old song by years end.

It certainly was this year!!

1 hour ago, 1049 said:

A 2020 Renny 850?. Did she enjoy the 19 850?. Ive had a 18 and a 19 MXZ X 850, loved both of them, not sure whats happening next season for me, but i know im snowchecking something Saturday..

40 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

A 2020 Renny 850?. Did she enjoy the 19 850?. Ive had a 18 and a 19 MXZ X 850, loved both of them, not sure whats happening next season for me, but i know im snowchecking something Saturday..

Yes 2020 renny 850 we both liked the 19 850 I put 3000 km on it in Quebec keeping it and getting rid of the sidewinders 

43 minutes ago, 1049 said:

Yes 2020 renny 850 we both liked the 19 850 I put 3000 km on it in Quebec keeping it and getting rid of the sidewinders 

So 2 850s?, a 19 and a 20. Nice.  Always nice to have another convert over to Doo..:right_on:.. Glad you liked the sleds..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 1049 said:

Brain washed !!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 2:18 PM, skidooboy said:

you know better than that... if you are not fed by 8 up there, you may not get fed.

Oh, you are so behind the times!

The Subway is open 'till ... ???

And then Timmies is up "All Night Long...."

When we rolled back into town at 2:00 AM a cpl yrs ago, my chum was singing the praises to Timmies for hot soup on tap!

:D

• Haha 1