Annual end of winter Hecla Resort trip

FreezerBurnt

Once again had a blast up in HECLA on our end of Winter holiday. 5 yrs making this trip with Amanda, this year borrowed a sled for her to ride. She put in 100 or so kms while i put on another 70 solo. I have ridden up here 10+ times in the past 6 yrs. And thr past few days was the best conditions i have experienced in Hecla from table top no dirt what do ever to awesome snow on the lake, we rode the NW shore back to Gull Harbour from Grindstone Sunday and also rode the eastern shore from Hecla Village back to the resort Monday after trail riding. The food this trip was simply amazing unlike last year at the resort, new chef . Glad i brought extra gas as Gull Harbour gas is closed Monday Tuesday . Did some ice fishing today but no luck. I want to go back and shoreline tour Grindstone and or Black Island. Might try this coming weekend, just gotta convince someone to come, tons of snow on the lake and 4ft of ice.

Hecla Island is 200km north if Winnipeg on Lake Winnipeg.

Trip started off not the best, when we arrived unloaded the truck and found I forgot my helmet at home, which would be a 4 hr drive back and forth. Luckily i found a FB buddy an hr away that lent me his helmet

Seen dozen sleds Saturday, 8 Sunday and 4 Monday, nice and relaxing, most are one way trails

Loks like you guys had a great day!

Archived