Out for a ride in sudbury

soupkids

Gtserider (tim) drove up from point au baril to ride with me for the day, beauty ride.

I met Tim at the STP yard just after 9, had a look at the new groomer the shop is touting, rabbit.

Looks like a mini prinoth but yellow, bigger then a centaur, powered by a 100 hp diesel, hydrostatic drive.

We left the yard around 10 to pretty good trails to Capreol where we hit fresh groomed trails.

Fresh groomed trails all the way to windy lake motel, awesome.

Crossed windy lake to find more freshly groomed trails all the way to RR80 (69 north, don't ask me trail numbers).

Back to the yard, said our see ya later, then home for me.

Round trip of 160 miles ish, beautiful day to ride with a friend.

Now the bad.

The southern trails, Chelmsford back to the yard are going to fade fast, bare spots showing, road crossings are getting bad as well as low spots are flooding.

Forget going to shining tree as the trail is no longer being groomed due to the groomer breaking through the base, still rideable but it will be rough as hell in short order.

The wolf loop is still fantastic riding as well as the northern part of the cartier/moose loop.

Riding out of the moonlight/chateau guy my be sketchy due to flooding getting out of coniston.

We had a fantastic ride today, can't beat spring riding.

This my very well be my last ride as getting out from home is getting difficult due to flooding and I hate trailering.

Think my year will end with 2220 miles for the year, not bad all considering.

2 hours ago, soupkids said:

Gtserider (tim) drove up from point au baril to ride with me for the day, beauty ride.

I met Tim at the STP yard just after 9, had a look at the new groomer the shop is touting, rabbit.

Looks like a mini prinoth but yellow, bigger then a centaur, powered by a 100 hp diesel, hydrostatic drive.

We left the yard around 10 to pretty good trails to Capreol where we hit fresh groomed trails.

Fresh groomed trails all the way to windy lake motel, awesome.

Crossed windy lake to find more freshly groomed trails all the way to RR80 (69 north, don't ask me trail numbers).

Back to the yard, said our see ya later, then home for me.

Round trip of 160 miles ish, beautiful day to ride with a friend.

Now the bad.

The southern trails, Chelmsford back to the yard are going to fade fast, bare spots showing, road crossings are getting bad as well as low spots are flooding.

Forget going to shining tree as the trail is no longer being groomed due to the groomer breaking through the base, still rideable but it will be rough as hell in short order.

The wolf loop is still fantastic riding as well as the northern part of the cartier/moose loop.

Riding out of the moonlight/chateau guy my be sketchy due to flooding getting out of coniston.

We had a fantastic ride today, can't beat spring riding.

This my very well be my last ride as getting out from home is getting difficult due to flooding and I hate trailering.

Think my year will end with 2220 miles for the year, not bad all considering.

Thanks for the great ride today Kevin. You are a great  ambassador to the STP trail system .Hope we can hook up again.Easy drive home,

2 hours ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Had hoped to get up and ride with you before it ended as well, knee issue says otherwise, surgery next week.

Ouch.

On 3/20/2019 at 5:52 AM, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Had hoped to get up and ride with you before it ended as well, knee issue says otherwise, surgery next week.

Wish you a speedy recovery. Buddies that gave gone through it, and follow rehab procedure, doing well. 

Archived