Kids Snowmobile suggestion

andreyboater

Hi guys, my daughter is 9 years old and she has mini skidoo since four, now this snowmobile is to small and I'm looking for next step sled for her.  it's look like nothing between mini and full adult machine. Any recommendation???

20150320_145228.jpg

• Like 1

Long time lurker, first time poster.

There are some nice tweeter sleds new to the market- so good deals will be hard to find, but that new Yamaha Sno-Scoot is a mid size 200cc- great option for that 8-10 age group.

Also Polaris is doing their Indy evo. Likely for a little bit older demographic than your daughter- but it's a 550fan with a slightly shrunken, lowered chassis.

If you're looking for cheaper/used sleds- can't go wrong with an old 250 Bravo or 377 Citation.

Arctic Cat has a model called the ZR200 that is a little larger and more powerful than the 120's.  There is also a Yamaha badged version of the same sled (I think called the sno-scoot).  Either of these might be perfect for her.

Good luck!

I'm thinking about oldest MXZ440, I know it's fast sled, but with limited  throttle she should be Ok.

Image result for mxz 440

A 380 or 340 would be a good choice.

39 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

I'm thinking about oldest MXZ440, I know it's fast sled, but with limited  throttle she should be Ok.

Image result for mxz 440

This sled is far too heavy for a 9 year old. She would have a hard time steering it I would think. 

I had 2003 grand touring 380f, she was riding it a couple of times on lake I was on second seat. She handle it pretty good and it's long track sled.

Ski Doo Freestyle.

i just sold my son’s 2007.  They have reverse, heated grips, etc.  Just like the big sleds.  It was a 300 fan and he could get it up to about 80 km/hr.

My son is 9 and rides an Indy Lite, we govern the throttle but he handles it very well and loves it

• Like 1

My 7 year old boy rides a 250 bravo. My buddy has an old 440 mxz and beats the hell out of it, and they are fast sleds! I would find either a 250 or even a 340 enticer. Both are very light.

EF3CF9A6-4D7A-4B25-AA1C-886AE9DFC51C.thumb.jpeg.365d492d9fe47091836c319780f737ae.jpeg

Edited by Baylaker
  • Like 1

340 Indy Lite would be my choice for a 9 year old. She can ride it well after she gets her sled license.

• Like 1

I put my son on a rev 550 fan when he was 10. He put about 7k on it and this year stepped up to 900 Turbo. I originally looked for a freestyle but they were really expensive as they hold their value so just went the rev route. There is a 380 rev but scarce to find. 

Indy Lite if you can find one. I bought one last year for my son for his 10th birthday & he loves it. He'll be riding it for a few more seasons as well. 

2003 Z370 LX has been a great sled for my now 10yr old. Electric start and reverse.  Can't wait for a couple more years to pass where I can take him with on a sled trip.

44 minutes ago, Zertrider said:

2003 Z370 LX has been a great sled for my now 10yr old. Electric start and reverse.  Can't wait for a couple more years to pass where I can take him with on a sled trip.

I'm in the same boat cant wait for him to take his course.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gobills said:

My 10 year old on his 340 indy lite.  He managed to put 900 miles on this winter on the lake and in the Bush roads lol.

You guys have ridden up in Kap' too?

55 minutes ago, gobills said:

Yes for sure not him on his own though.  Hes on the back with me.

OK it must be another OCer w/ a younger sledder we saw up near Moonbeam. 

On 3/18/2019 at 10:10 AM, andreyboater said:

Image result for mxz 440

On 3/18/2019 at 10:20 AM, RAMSOMAIR said:

This sled is far too heavy for a 9 year old. She would have a hard time steering it I would think. 

I had a MXZ500 in the S chassis & was not impressed w/ its handling. If I wasn't thrilled w/ the sled, I doubt a kid would enjoy riding it. If you're thinking of 'doos a 550F in a ZX or REV chassis might be better. I had 2 ZX sleds & the were a big improvement o er the S chassis. Saw 2 younger riders on 550 REVs up in Whitney a week ago.

Another sled not mentioned yet is the Indy 340 that replaced the Lite.

My first sled was a Polaris Indy Lite 340. Perfect sled to learn on. Easy to handle. Not too fast.