The freeriding has to STOP

GTC

As a former STOP officer, here's how we were mentored/instructed/coached by our O.P.P. partners with respect to:

1. Trappers: they had to be actively engaged in the activity. Checking traps, setting traps, etc. All the ones we saw were always pulling a sleigh. And of course in possession of the appropriate licence.

2. Fisherman: if the lake was one that could be accessed via a vehicle on road, then they had to have a permit if stopped on sled on a trail leading to the lake.

3. Hunters: we have wolf hunters up here who actually set up ON the trail, to shoot down or across the trail. Incidents were reported to OPP and MNRF. We were instructed to NEVER challenge armed hunters.

Just sharing my experience. Don't need to read another lecture from Zoso.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

As a former STOP officer, here's how we were mentored/instructed/coached by our O.P.P. partners with respect to:

1. Trappers: they had to be actively engaged in the activity. Checking traps, setting traps, etc. All the ones we saw were always pulling a sleigh. And of course in possession of the appropriate licence.

2. Fisherman: if the lake was one that could be accessed via a vehicle on road, then they had to have a permit if stopped on sled on a trail leading to the lake.

3. Hunters: we have wolf hunters up here who actually set up ON the trail, to shoot down or across the trail. Incidents were reported to OPP and MNRF. We were instructed to NEVER challenge armed hunters.

Just sharing my experience. Don't need to read another lecture from Zoso.

....and that all changed now that the OFSC no longer can claim exclusive rights on GU Crown land. Not a lecture, just a fact. Your training is out of date. Things change. 

even though we understand you don't need a permit on general use crown land for ofsc trails, we buy three each year. without that LUP for general use crown land, the ofsc CANT COMANDIER THE ROADS, ANY LONGER FOR THEIR EXCLUSIVE USE. Ski

2 hours ago, zoso said:

....and that all changed now that the OFSC no longer can claim exclusive rights on GU Crown land. Not a lecture, just a fact. Your training is out of date. Things change. 

Consolidation Period: From September 29, 2017 to the e-Laws currency date.

Last amendment: 370/17.

This Regulation is made in English only.

Definitions

1. (1) For the purpose of section 2.1 of the Act and this Regulation,

“prescribed trail” means a trail or part of a trail on which a trailpermit is required by section 2.1 of the Act and that is operated or maintained by or on behalf of the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs, and includes such a trail or part of a trailthat is on Crown land or other public land, but excludes any Crown land or other public land where the operation of motorized snow vehicles is prohibited by law.  O. Reg. 185/01, s. 1 (1).

Trail permit required

2.1 (1) No person shall drive a motorized snow vehicle upon a prescribed trail except under the authority of, and in accordance with, a trail permit for the motorized snow vehicle issued under subsection (2) or except on lands occupied by the owner of the motorized snow vehicle.  2000, c. 30, s. 3.

The Stoney Lake club has posted on Faceplant about the clowns that can't stay on the trail where E107 goes thru a field & uses a hydro cut north of Apsley. I put up signs last winter when Paudash looked after it. Obviously the morons can't read. 

If the permission is revoked, there could be issues rerouting the trail to the west as some of the adjoining parcels are provincial park now. Existing trails are OK, but I can't imagine getting approval for a snowmobile trail now.

People NEED to care. You cannot make people care through punitive measures, it DOES NOT WORK! Punitive measures only breed resentment and discontentment.

In order to make people care? They must have pride, purpose and feel value for themselves, their fellow rides, and their environment. We have a lot of division and resentment coming from all sides, stripes and sizes. We have people screaming for vigilante justice in a thread about people taking liberties over rules and regulations that negatively affect us all and NO ONE even notices? No one calls that out? You wonder why the boon dockers are a problem....

skidooboy has the best opinion and mind in this thread

3 hours ago, crispy said:

People NEED to care. You cannot make people care through punitive measures, it DOES NOT WORK! Punitive measures only breed resentment and discontentment.

In order to make people care? They must have pride, purpose and feel value for themselves, their fellow rides, and their environment. We have a lot of division and resentment coming from all sides, stripes and sizes. We have people screaming for vigilante justice in a thread about people taking liberties over rules and regulations that negatively affect us all and NO ONE even notices? No one calls that out? You wonder why the boon dockers are a problem....

skidooboy has the best opinion and mind in this thread

What are you babbling about now?  Punitive measures do work. They are a great tool to control those that otherwise just do not give a crap about society. You sound like trudeau, hug a terrorist and they will love you.

I wonder how many of the 'freeriders' would even think of driving north of 17? 

As I said to my nephew years ago, they're a marketer's wet dream. Buy a sled that is totally unsuitable for southern Ontario (hey isn't that all the OEMs focus on?) & ride wherever they want. A BCX or Freeride is the perfect sled for the Ganny :rolleyes:

But hey, what would I know, I'm just a grumpy old guy that hates what is becoming of the sport...

8 hours ago, revrnd said:

As I said to my nephew years ago, they're a marketer's wet dream. Buy a sled that is totally unsuitable for southern Ontario (hey isn't that all the OEMs focus on?) & ride wherever they want. A BCX or Freeride is the perfect sled for the Ganny :rolleyes:

But hey, what would I know, I'm just a grumpy old guy that hates what is becoming of the sport...

Pretty much bang on.

15 hours ago, revrnd said:

Bang on...OFSC does not have the $$ or power to enforce......the loss of trails below North Bay/Sudbury is increasing exponentially each year...as with other historical trends of mankind, extinction (in this case a full trail network in southern and eastern Ont) will be the most effective form of justice...

In the meantime, I will be ice fishing

37028.jpg

44 minutes ago, johnsazzr said:

Bang on...OFSC does not have the $$ or power to enforce...vigilante justice not required...the loss of trails below North Bay/Sudbury is increasing exponentially each year...as with other historical trends of mankind, extinction (in this case a full trail network in southern and eastern Ont) will be the most effective form of justice...

In the meantime, I will be ice fishing

Unfortunately, closing the trail system will not deter many of the ones who caused the problem in the first place. 

That's not what I consider justice. 

2 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Was having a great day today. That is until i clicked on this thread, and read 'some ' of the posts...:sleep::icon_gunhead:

Don't let a thread ruin your day.

58 minutes ago, SRXChris said:

Don't let a thread ruin your day.

3 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Was having a great day today. That is until i clicked on this thread, and read 'some ' of the posts...:sleep::icon_gunhead:

One word & it starts w/ an 'i'....

40 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

It Has not ruined my day. Just reafirmed to me why some of the good oc members are in hiding...:cool:B)

WITSEC?

images.jpeg.302552310379df5cf27fb10914d212ed.jpeg

It's a virus.

Don't think YOUR area is safe.

Once the idiots ruin one area, they'll be off to the next.

Might be near you.

Take a look at Occupy vs Yellow Vests. Whats the difference and WHY is the Yellow Vest sooooooo much bigger and public than occupy? Simple. We let the occupy people protest without punitive measures and they eventually ceased being dolts and moved on, and are all hopefully employed now. Ol Macron is not such a student of history and used police to push punitive measures and look what is STILL happening.

Censorship of Rock'n Roll? MADE Rock'n Roll into a cultural revolution AND Success. Gangster rap? When the cops BUSTED Nwa in Detroit that is THE moment that put them on the map. Its the attention these types crave. They get immediate attention from the witnesses to the event and lingering rebel attention from us right here discussing it.

You people seem more keen on exercising anger than solving the problem. A bunch of folks who love to bitch and moan instead of thinkers who want to solve the obvious problems before them. You can keep up your efforts and watch these situtations get worse, or you can get smarter and put the fires out before they start. Cans, Boondocking etc there will be another and another and another your snakes eating your own tail with this old predicatable thinking that gives these off trail riding trolls exactly what THEY WANT!

Congrats, you are making their day and promoting their rebellion

WTF... 

OFFTRAIL RIDING TROLLS?  REALLY??? WTF? Ski

Archived