Time to wake up guys....

Turbo Doo

With all the talk about stop signs,  etc, etc ,etc. When are sledders going to learn?. Does it take you being drove over by a logging truck to figure it out. Like WTF GUYS.:banghead:..

If this is something to hard to figure out,  maybe sledding is not for you..:poke2:....

Please get the f off the trails if you cannot comprehend this simple thing..

Screenshot_20190314-085236_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they wanted to get ahead of the stopped sled?

I would hate to see their highway driving either.

47 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Maybe they wanted to get ahead of the stopped sled?

I would hate to see their highway driving either.

Getting ahead of the stopped sled is right...Dummies.  No cure for stupid i guess..

34 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Getting ahead of the stopped sled is right...Dummies.  No cure for stupid i guess..

No but a 2x4 is a good start.

I was coming home from the Sportsmans Lodge on Sunday and while driving down the gravel road a guy on a sled flew across the road RIGHT in front of me and stopped on trail.   I slowed down and rolled down my window to give him the WTF look.    He flipped me the finger instead.   :( 

I do not understand what reasoning someone would have to ignoring a stop sign and someone motioning them to stop as well.

That's just disrespectful to their self and anyone around them.

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

I was coming home from the Sportsmans Lodge on Sunday and while driving down the gravel road a guy on a sled flew across the road RIGHT in front of me and stopped on trail.   I slowed down and rolled down my window to give him the WTF look.    He flipped me the finger instead.   :( 

You would think a fellow sledder would maybe, just maybe walk over or flip up his helmet and apologize for almost causing a collision. Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes, but we should all try to own up to them. 

My buddies and I were out riding from home last week at night for our last ride in the south, I was leading and was coming in a little hot to a corner, there were 2 guys having a break sitting there at the entrance of the bush trail from a field trail. I didn’t see them until the last second and had no choice but to blow the corner. I apologized for it, and he just laughed it off. They also probably shouldn’t have been sitting at an exit/entrance to a trail.

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

You would think a fellow sledder would maybe, just maybe walk over or flip up his helmet and apologize for almost causing a collision. Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes, but we should all try to own up to them. 

My buddies and I were out riding from home last week at night for our last ride in the south, I was leading and was coming in a little hot to a corner, there were 2 guys having a break sitting there at the entrance of the bush trail from a field trail. I didn’t see them until the last second and had no choice but to blow the corner. I apologized for it, and he just laughed it off. They also probably shouldn’t have been sitting at an exit/entrance to a trail.

Same clowns I saw parked on the 'wrong' side of the B106E (on a corner) south of Whitney last Sat'? :wtf:

No, this was in hillsburgh. They were on their side of the trail, they just caught me off guard. Hard to see without their lights on..

5 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

With all the talk about stop signs,  etc, etc ,etc. When are sledders going to learn?. Does it take you being drove over by a logging truck to figure it out. Like WTF GUYS.:banghead:..

If this is something to hard to figure out,  maybe sledding is not for you..:poke2:....

Please get the f off the trails if you cannot comprehend this simple thing..

Screenshot_20190314-085236_Samsung Internet.jpg

We have a growing culture of riders who have the NEED to get from A to B as fast as possible and want the bragging rights of how many km's they traveled. To stop at a STOP sign would put those bragging rights in jeopardy. Myslef. I like to see the scenery. My last ride it was nice to stop in the middle of the lake and take in the fact that there weren't any cottages in sight anywhere.... just ice, snow, rocks and trees. Not even a hydro line in the distance.

4 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

I do not understand what reasoning someone would have to ignoring a stop sign and someone motioning them to stop as well.

That's just disrespectful to their self and anyone around them.

Let them kill themselves... one way of weeding out the defective mindset from the gene pool.

36 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Let them kill themselves... one way of weeding out the defective mindset from the gene pool.

for sure

48 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

We have a growing culture of riders who have the NEED to get from A to B as fast as possible and want the bragging rights of how many km's they traveled. To stop at a STOP sign would put those bragging rights in jeopardy. Myslef. I like to see the scenery. My last ride it was nice to stop in the middle of the lake and take in the fact that there weren't any cottages in sight anywhere.... just ice, snow, rocks and trees. Not even a hydro line in the distance.

99% of the time that’s the way we ride, it’s about enjoying the outdoors. But! Sometimes when the guys go out, the pace tends to pick up a bit..

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

02 sled. We like to ride fast, and put Kms on also. Dont assume we are all like those idiots. The guy behind the flipper is the problen. We have no issues riding fast and putting on kms WITH STOPPING AT SIGNS....

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I noticed that the last 2 rides up in the Lake St Peter/Whitney area. That's the eastern side of the TOP B/TOP E/E109/B106E 'triangle'. Just got to get back to wherever in Hali' before dinner.

On Tues' I was pleasantly surprised by the condition of TOP E west of E109 :-) It had been years since I'd ridden that stretch & seeing as it was probably on a weekend, it was 'whooped out' pretty bad.

Come on 02, you must like to have a nice pull on the throttle once in a while!!! you aren't that old or in a wheelchair yet.. or maybe not..lol

Image result for old man speeding meme

Again, if you have issues riding fast, and putting KMS on like we do, and NOT HAVING issues with stop signs, and logging truck crossings etc, then maybe this sport is not for you!:grin: I have no issues with slower paced riders etc. My point is, its the person behind the flipper that's the problem...PERIOD...

44 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Come on 02, you must like to have a nice pull on the throttle once in a while!!! you aren't that old or in a wheelchair yet.. or maybe not..lol

Image result for old man speeding meme

I reserve that for some of the long straight trails and the ice on the lakes. Going through the trees I like to see what's around me. On one ride with a group who are known to simply like to get from a to b as quickly as possible I asked did you see those deer just off the trail.... What deer.... Another time they missed the beaver that was waiting for us to pass before crossing the trail.

There is one I ride with from time to time... he's 75 and has a need for speed. He blew a belt on his turbo Cat on the ice heading in to Dock Lunch Penetang a couple of weeks ago. He says he glanced down and the speedo he thinks said something like 160.

46 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I reserve that for some of the long straight trails and the ice on the lakes. Going through the trees I like to see what's around me. On one ride with a group who are known to simply like to get from a to b as quickly as possible I asked did you see those deer just off the trail.... What deer.... Another time they missed the beaver that was waiting for us to pass before crossing the trail.

There is one I ride with from time to time... he's 75 and has a need for speed. He blew a belt on his turbo Cat on the ice heading in to Dock Lunch Penetang a couple of weeks ago. He says he glanced down and the speedo he thinks said something like 160.

I watched you with your wife and a group all give each other the wave across 518 one day. That to me is pretty dangerous too. And don't try and tell me it wasn't you becuase you posted on here that day about the ride across the Seguin. May have been last year or the first year you got the 7000s but I damn well know what I seen. 

And we haven't heard the deer and beaver story half a dozen times already. 

47 minutes ago, reevester said:

give each other the wave across 518 one day

Yea I never trust someone's wave, and no one I usually sled with does. Caught up to a group a couple weeks ago and the last guy kept waving me across. As if I would trust a random stranger, especially given his half assed check.

59 minutes ago, reevester said:

I watched you with your wife and a group all give each other the wave across 518 one day. That to me is pretty dangerous too. And don't try and tell me it wasn't you becuase you posted on here that day about the ride across the Seguin. May have been last year or the first year you got the 7000s but I damn well know what I seen. 

And we haven't heard the deer and beaver story half a dozen times already. 

:baghead:

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

Again, if you have issues riding fast, and putting KMS on like we do, and NOT HAVING issues with stop signs, and logging truck crossings etc, then maybe this sport is not for you!:grin: I have no issues with slower paced riders etc. My point is, its the person behind the flipper that's the problem...PERIOD...

riding fast where you do your riding is the same as 02 going 25kmh on a twisty trail, a non challenge and perfectly safe. i think it is the ones on the tight trails he is talking about.

This thread got good! :icon_munching:

Archived